Full details of company on the invoice mandatory in the Netherlands

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359853

Hi,

I get more questions about the invoices these days as companies require my full details for their bookkeeping.
Is it possible to have the invoices have all my details like for instance my VAT number?
Also important is that this is added in the PDF invoice plugin as well.
Will there come a PDF invoice editor so that a non-developer n00b like me can get a somewhat nice layout of the invoice + these mandatory details?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 1 week ago #359854

Hi,

What you write in the "Your shop name & address" setting of your HikaShop configuration will appear at the top left of your invoices generated by HikaShop.
On our website, we include the VAT number of our company there. And you can add more details if necessary.

A PDF invoice editor would require months of work of a full time skilled developer. An normal HTML editor can't be used as is, because it contains PHP code and custom HTML tags (required by the HTML2PDF library used by the plugin). I don't see this happening. It's too much work for little gains. In fact, in order to cater to people like you, we've added several layouts to the PDF invoice plugin with settings to change the colors. We've also added a "Your logo URL" setting to the HikaShop configuration, which is taken into account by the PDF invoice plugin. With all this, you can already personalize the PDF invoice quite a lot.
Anything more will require modifying the code of the invoice template file of the plugin I'm afraid.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359874

Hi Nicolas,

The address bar in config is just added in line so i'ts not the best place or format, but for now it's good enough, i added it there.
This is the 3rd time i think i learn about plugin updates of plugin's i bought only after asking questions on forum, there must be a better way to communicate with plugin owners that there are updates available and why.
1 of these layouts in this new layout option was good enough for me to work with for now, thanks.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 1 week ago #359876

Hi,

I agree that until a few years ago, we didn't communicate about plugin updates. However, we did work a lot on improving this since a few years ago.
Recent versions of the PDF invoice plugin now are compatible with the Joomla updater. So Joomla will notify you, each time a new version of the plugin is available. This has been added more than 1 year ago in the plugin.
We've also published the plugin on the JED a few years ago and update its entry there when new versions are available.
We've also added the changelog of the plugin on its product page on our marketplace 1 year ago.
We also publish a new tweet on X when a new version of the plugin is made available, and we've posted several times about updates of this plugin on our blog, which were also included in the newsletter we regularly send from our website.
So I'm surprised you missed all of this.
Here are 2 blog posts from last year, with one where we mention the important changes we made in the PDF plugin to have extra layouts if you want to read a bit more about new things in the plugin :
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/494-new-plugi...spring-2023.html#pdf
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/503-new-plugi...tember-2023.html#pdf

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds