Serials are not getting assigned to orders.

• Thank you received: 3
8 years 3 months ago #223498

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Serials are not getting assigned to orders.

I have hikaserial installed and the packs and serials are assigned to my variants in my products but when I complete an order no serial is attached to the order in the backend of hikashop. I am getting frustrated at this point as I have tried every setting available and nothing works. I wanted to mention as well that I am manually importing serials.

How, do I fix this? Also, I have serial attach enbabled in the email, but nothing is being sent when an order is placed? Orders are automatically set as confirmed and the pack data is set to sql.

Also, I have consumable serials enabled and the serials are not disappearing after an order is placed.

This is a pretty urgent problem.

Also, when I set link product quantities it sets the quantity to zero even though there are 10 serials availablein my product how do I fix this as well?

Thanks,

Josh

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by jschroeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 3 months ago #223504

Hi,

Please check :
- Your HikaSerial configuration for the setting "assignable order statuses" which define the order statuses which give a serial
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nable_order_statuses

- The status of the order, your order need to be in the previous setting to have a serial attached.

- The configuration of your pack, for the Pack data and the Pack generator settings
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/117-pack-edition.html

- If you do not have any generator, please check the list of your available serials.
A serial must be "free to use" and also non assigned to an order or a user in order to be used freely.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/114-serials-listing.html

- If all is okay, you can go in the HikaShop order edition in the backend and click on the button "refresh association".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 3 months ago #223539

Thanks for the response.

I have checked all of these settings and they are correct yet it is still not working.

I have submitted at least 20 to 30 orders and it never works.

Do you want a login so you can login and look at it?

Also, clicking refresh association is not going to be an option for the client we are using this for. They get 1000's of orders in a day sometime it needs to assign the serial to the order automatically and automatically when they purchase the printable gift card. I already have the settings to accept both shipped and confirmed as acceptable and my payment gateway default status is set to confirmed as well as the default order status is set to confirmed so there is no reason it should not be working.

8 years 3 months ago #223544

This only works if I set the serial number status to "unassigned" and then go into the order and refresh the status and then it will show up as "assigned" after this. "Refreshing associations" is not going to be an option with the number of orders this site will have.

However, what I want it to do is be able to set the serial status to "free to use" and once the product is ordered it automatically assigns the serial to the order and then hika serial set that serial status "used".

How can I get it to work this way?

8 years 3 months ago #223553

Hi,

- If all is okay, you can go in the HikaShop order edition in the backend and click on the button "refresh association".

I'm not telling you that it is the solution and you need to click on that button for each order.
I'm asking you to perform that action ; so I need you to do that and tell me if the button "refresh association" fix the issue.
Depending that result, we will be able to go forward on more checks.

This only works if I set the serial number status to "unassigned" and then go into the order and refresh the status and then it will show up as "assigned" after this.

I'm sorry but if you need to do that ; it means that the first points (cf my first message) are not correct.
So please provide details (screenshots) in order to prove that your configuration is right.

It could be also useful to precise the HikaSerial version number you're using.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 3 months ago #223638

I'm not telling you that it is the solution and you need to click on that button for each order.

I'm asking you to perform that action ; so I need you to do that and tell me if the button "refresh association" fix the issue.
Depending that result, we will be able to go forward on more checks.

It does not work even if you click refresh association unless the serial is set to unassigned. If I set the serial to free to use the refresh association button does nothing.

This only works if I set the serial number status to "unassigned" and then go into the order and refresh the status and then it will show up as "assigned" after this.

I'm sorry but if you need to do that ; it means that the first points (cf my first message) are not correct.
So please provide details (screenshots) in order to prove that your configuration is right.

It could be also useful to precise the HikaSerial version number you're using.

I am using the latest version of hikaserial HikaSerial 1.10.1 as I am the same person who had you add the button to not allow duplicate serials during a csv upload.

I uploaded a screenshot of the hikaserial configuration settings, hikashop product variant settings with the pack attached, the order which default is set to confirmed., pack settings, serial settings, and serial attach settings.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

8 years 3 months ago #223648

Sorry I sent the wrong screenshot of the serial attach settings this is the correct one!

Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago #223649

Hi,

If you look at your screenshot "pack-settings", you will see that the statistic indicates that there is no "free to use" serials.
But there is a total of 10 serials.
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...61/pack-settings.jpg

So your imported serials does not have the right serial status.
I suppose that you set "Free to use" which is the translated text and you didn't use the namekey which is just "free".
I will see to update the HikaSerial documentation in order to talk more about that specific point.

So, for the moment HikaSerial does not have any serial available for the assignation.
You can see to edit your serials and change they order status and use "free" next times for your impots.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 3 months ago #223664

Thank you so much for the help! I will try to re-import using the word "free".

In the documentation can you also add all the namekeys for each status not just "free to use". Also, do the words "free" not need to be capitalized like the below documentation or lowercase like you mentioned in your post or does it matter?

I do see them here but it is not clear that, that is the status that needs to be put in
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...e-in-hikaserial.html

8 years 3 months ago #223665

Hi,

That's right, the possible values for the serial statuses are in that page of documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...html#serial-statuses
A serial status is entirely in lowercase but in the documentation the value has been written with the first character is in uppercase.

So here the official list for the values:

free
reserved
assigned
used
unassigned
deleted

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 3 months ago #223798

Thank you for the response. It is working now and attaching the serial and attach serial image if I change the format to raw.

However, My serial numbers are like this below and no barcode is being generated. If i change the format to barcode it sends the blank coupon image with nothing attaching to it in the email. How do I fix this?
$P27MF5W6
$P27MF5W7
$P27MF5W8
$P27MF5W9
$P2MF5W10
$P2MF5W11
$P2MF5W12
$P2MF5W13
I saw a link to different formatting options, but I am not really sure what format this would be considered. Also what do I put in the box under the barcode input text box in the screenshot I attached?
www.hikashop.com/forum/17-serial-how-to/...an-included-pdf.html

Also, I tired both "code39" and "code128" after doing further research which the serial numbers should fall under and pasted that into the input field for the barcode under the format column and it still will not generate a barcode in the downloadable email attachment. Is that the wrong syntax to paste into the input field and what am I doing wrong?

Also, if i paste any of my serials above into this site below it will generate both code39 and code128 barcodes with no problem. I am not sure what is wrong on my site.
www.barcode-generator.org/

Thanks,

Josh

Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago #223821

I just wanted to mention I need a solution to get the barcode to generate badly as my entire site revolves around this extension being able to generate a barcode for the serials I listed above. I believe these will be either code39 or code128 barcodes, but I am waiting to here back from the client.

Any solution to get these to generate a barcode for these formats would be greatly appreciated.

8 years 3 months ago #223825

Hi,

The plugin "attach serial" only accept barcodes with the format "ean13".
If the serial is not compatible with the format, the result is a blank image.
The support of the other format (for barcode and qrcode) in the plugin has been implemented few days ago and is already ready for the next release.

For the moment, you can just edit the "attach serial" plugin and change the default format in the function "generateImageBarCode".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 3 months ago #223904

Thank you for the response.

What file and where is the file that the function generateImageBarCode is located in?
Edit: I found the file plugins/hikaserial/attachserial/attachserial.php

Also, will you please let me know when the new version is released with the ability to generate different kind of barcodes?

Also, is it possible to send me the updated code or files for the next release until you officially release the next version?

Thanks,

Josh

8 years 3 months ago #223933

So, I got the barcode to work with what you said above, but now I have another question. I have attached how I need to make my coupon look and function.

Since this is a gift card. I basically need the attach serial image to automatically mail to someone else as well if the shopper chooses to do so. In the coupon I need a field for "who it is to" and "who the gift card is from", and also "a personal message" if the person chooses to do so.

So, I feel like in the product page I could easily add a custom field for who it is going to, a custom field for who it is coming from, the email address of the person it is going to and a custom field for a personal message.

However, the question is how to I get these custom fields to show up the attach serial image and secondly how do I then get the image to mail to the person they are sending the gift card to instead of the person purchasing the gift card?

Thanks,

Josh

Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago #223940

I figured everything out now, but how do I increase the size of the barcode? I changed the width but it does not seem to increase size. I really think this should be a setting of some sort in the back end of the site. Currently the barcode is way to small and needs to be about 3 times the size it is currently.

8 years 3 months ago #223962

Hi,

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ns-attachserial.html
The size settings "width" and "height" allow to change the "line width" and "height" into the barcode generator library.
By default the width is "1px" and the height is "60px".
By setting "3px" and "180px", the lines will became 3 times larger and the line height will be also 3 times bigger.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 month ago #228609

Hi, I had taken a break from this for a while, when will the new version HikaSerial 1.10.2 be coming out? I see it in the change log, but all it says is release date soon? I need it so that I can use different serial types. I have modified the core file previously, but I would rather have the real version.

Thanks,

Josh

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by jschroeder.

8 years 1 month ago #228611

Hi,

Yes ; I updated the changelog today.
I'm finalizing the tests and I'll release it when ready.
So it could be today or it could be tomorrow.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 month ago #228633

OK, thank you!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds