- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
A few questions for HikaMarket
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.15
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 9
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I need help setting up some things. First of all, vendors:
1. I can't get photos to upload for the vendors. I see the upload bar, but the pictures won't upload.
2. How do I control what fields new vendors see when they sign up? I've turned off some of the fields in the display tab, but I still see them when I try to register some of my existing members. Is there a way to turn existing members into vendors automatically?
3. How do I create or add a Product template? I click on the Add button in that tab, but nothing happens.
4. What is Main Vendor? Is that me/my store? Do I need to add a PayPal email address? I already have HikaShop set up to use my PayPal email address.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 - Please check that your HikaShop upload folder have write permission.
HikaMarket create folders for your vendors in this directory, it will upload the images in these.
2 - It depends on which field you want to hide.
We added new display options in custom fields, HikaMarket have several display categories and in the next release, we will add a separation between the "register" and the "edition" page.
3 - I can't reproduce your problem in my local (joomla 3) website. Which precise versions number of HikaShop and HikaMarket are your using ?
The "add" button should redirect you to a HikaShop product edition where you can configure the values for the product template.
4 - The main vendor is your store. You do not require to specify the paypal email, this field is used by the plugin "paypal adaptive" but the email used for the main vendor is specify in the plugin configuration itself.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Internet Explorer does not have the support of the drag&drop that's why the upload library have a fallback system for these cases.
For the variants on product template ; Well, I never test it so I can't guarantee it.
I have update my TODO list so I will check it and make some modification if required.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You will have to modify the view " productmarket | form_price " in order to change how the price is asked in the front-end.
You can replace the input text by a drop down.
Be careful, the price which is submitted to HikaMarket is always the price without taxes. The price with tax, when modified uses the javascript to update automatically the price without taxes.
If you want to display one single field (dropdown) and this field is the price with tax, you will have to replace the input box for the price without tax into an hidden field (and kept the javascript to update the price).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
The way my store is set up now is like this:
When a customer chooses a book, he can choose from one of three formats: pdf, epub, or mobi (or it may be just one format available). Each of those formats has the same price, which varies according to the price set by the author.
I'd like to set it up so that my vendors can upload their file(s) in one, two, or all three of those formats for the customer to choose from, and then select from a list of prices for the book, which are free, $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, or $3.99.
When the customer sees a book he wants to buy, he'll choose a format for that book and then it's added to the cart.
Does this make sense? If you'll look at the-authors-club.com/index.php/component...ct/302-yours-forever , you can see where the customer has 2 formats to choose from and then that chosen format is added to the cart.
Right now, I'm manually adding the books myself, but I have the HikaMarket so that my authors (vendors) can do it themselves. I use Characteristics to add the formats.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Well, like I said, it depends of what you want to do exactly (my speech about the price with taxes or not).
I can't help you correctly if I don't have the useful information.
Modifying a view in HikaMarket or HikaShop requires some development skills, depending of what you want to modify it could require some PHP skills.
I am thinking about proposing a simplified " form price " system in HikaMarket but I will need more details about user requirements in order to know what I should do exactly.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
I think I've figured out a way to overcome the limitations. However, is there a way to increase the file upload size and types of files? Currently it's only 2MB.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The upload limitation is a web server setting. This limitation is in your PHP configuration.
HikaShop and Joomla can't override this configuration setting which is global to your website.
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
I'm almost finished setting up my website store. I have looked at all the forums, but I don't see any instructions for displaying a vendor's products on his page. Can someone explain how to do this? I've assigned vendors to my products. Do I need to set up some kind of special module or menu? Please help.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are several thread which talk about it already.
You have to create a product listing module and assign it to the vendor page (there is an option in the HikaMarket configuration for that: "modules under the vendor page").
You have to create a product listing module like for the associate it with a category listing menu (with the option to link/associated the listing).
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...html#products_module
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
removed by a moderator
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With a working account it will be better
Credentials that you send me before does not work/are wrong.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
I will send your login information in a private message.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please sent me a full working account.
Including a working : login + password.
Thanks
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Error
You do not have access to the administrator section of this site.
We're almost there
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- southga1974
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 145
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I mean that the account you gave me does not have the right to login in the backend.
So the account is valid but it requires just some rights to access to the backend.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.