- Posts: 139
- Thank you received: 10
Publish myself as a Vendor but where?
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hi Hika Team
Can you kindly point me to the correct place in the documentation where I can publish myself as a vendor?
I am guessing that this is it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ket-vendor-form.html
But do not see a publish button?
Please see screen shot!
Am I in the wrong documentation/place in back end or both?
thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are using HikaMarket front-edition ; that specific version of HikaMarket allow you to have just one single vendor ("your vendor").
If you want to be able to create a marketplace with several vendors ; you need to use HikaMarket multi-vendor.
www.hikashop.com/extensions.html#hikam
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are using HikaMarket front-edition ; that specific version of HikaMarket allow you to have just one single vendor ("your vendor").
Yes I know I gathered as much. Thanks.
As far as I can tell this is the logic:
a) Vendor Control Panel (Does not work as I am the only vendor and have no other vendors to control)
b) Vendor Categories (***Even if I am the only vendor can I not control/edit my categories from the front end?***)
c) Vendor Characteristics (Does not work as I am the only vendor and have no other vendors to control)
d) customer-listing (Work for me as the ONLY vendor)
e) vendor discount (Work for me as the ONLY vendor)
f) Vendor Discount Listing (Work for me as the ONLY vendor)
g) Vendor Edition (Does not work as I am the only vendor and have no other vendors to control)
h) vendor order listing (Work for me as the ONLY vendor)
i) add a product (Work for me as the ONLY vendor)
j) vendor product listing (Work for me as the ONLY vendor)
Further the "Product to approve menu" which is a sub set of the last menu does not work as a single vendor does not need to approve his own product!?!
d,e, f, h,i & j work for me but I have no clue how or why.
I guess that this logic makes a lot of sense...
...if you have an arial view from the full version but frankly from here (basic version) it is all very confusing! :blink:
I have the feeling that the documentation was written for the full version with some references to the basic version.
Have I published myself as a vendor in the front end? Please see 2nd screen shot!
I am guessing that by adding myself to the "Your Vendor" tab in the back end I have published myself as a vendor!?!
thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Some menus are only designed for the "multivendor" edition (like the "vendor listing").
But you can find more details about the menus in that documentation page :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...to_menu_registration
See HikaMarket front-edition has a flexible interface to manage your store from the front-end.
Even if you do not have the marketplace features ; you can assign several accounts to "your vendor" ; these users will be able to manage the store directly from the front-end.
So, you're not "publishing yourself as a vendor" ; you're adding an account to your store so he can access to the HikaMarket front-edition interface and manage the entire store directly from the front-end part of your website.
And thanks to the ACL system, you can have a simplified and flexible interface ; so the user won't have access (or see) elements that you don't want him to see or edit.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now this I can understand.
So, you're not "publishing yourself as a vendor" ; you're adding an account to your store so he can access to the HikaMarket front-edition interface and manage the entire store directly from the front-end part of your website.
And thanks to the ACL system, you can have a simplified and flexible interface ; so the user won't have access (or see) elements that you don't want him to see or edit.
So I have:
By adding myself to the "Your Vendor" tab in the back end I have [strike] published myself as a vendor[/strike]
added an account to my none multi vendor store.
Thus I can can access and manage the Hika Shop/Market from the front end.
I can add further users and tweak their permissions as I decide.
The fact remains that it is still a single vendor store with multiple users being able to modify products in the front end!
et voilà
Thank you for helping me understand this
All the best
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.