Skip to main content

HikaShop and Seblod?

More
15 years 1 month ago #24107 by MatthewSchenker
Hello Everyone,
I've been using HikaShop more and more in recent months. At the same time, I'm also getting deeply involved in using Seblod (an amazing CCK/application builder).

Between HikaShop and Seblod, seriously, I think we can pretty much build any site concept. But I'm just starting to think of ways to combine the two extensions.

Just wondering, has anyone here created a site using HikaShop and Seblod? Any ideas or insights to share?

Thanks,
Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #24133 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi,

I've never used seblod so far on my end so I can't help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24626 by nathan
Replied by nathan on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi Matthew,

I'm currently building a site using Seblod and HikaShop, though at this stage I'm only using Seblod to add an extra field to articles and for it's search capabilities.

Still getting my head around both of them to be honest, and have only touched the surface of Seblod, but if I do think of anything I'll let you know.

Cheers

Nathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24636 by korkunov
Replied by korkunov on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
+1
Good concept.
Please comment on the progress of work. And at the end, publish the site address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24663 by MatthewSchenker
Hello,
Thanks Nathan for writing. I'd be interested in hearing how this works out for you.

Seblod is allowing me to build real apps within Joomla, and replace a lot of other extensions. But e-commerce is a special case. For that, I am starting to use HikaShop more.

I'll be building a couple of sites with Seblod in the coming months, and will probably also use HikaShop. I think that my future will involve a combination of these two major elements in most of my work.

Still interested in hearing from anyone else going down this same path!

Thanks,
Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24675 by nathan
Replied by nathan on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi Matthew,

I suspect I may have more to contribute in coming months as I think I'll be using both Seblod and HikaShop more in future.

Having gotten my around Seblod a bit more yesterday I can see it's power and that it will become a core tool in my website development.

I have a situation where I have products, which are articles, written by particular "authors". I also have free articles available to view on the site (in Seblod), written by those same authors.

So I'm thinking about using the Seblod search features, to create an Author Index that displays both the products in HikaShop and the articles in Seblod.

And off the top of my head, a HikaShop field plugin for Seblod might have some uses, but I'm not quite sure what yet :-)

Likewise, I'd be interested in hearing how your work goes.

Cheers

Nathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago - 15 years 4 weeks ago #24682 by SEBLOD - Bes
Hello Everybody,

We developped a Hikashop Product storage plugin on SEBLOD 2.0 and a hikashop product content type. With this you can reproduce exactly the hika product form with SEBLOD and so add any fields with SEBLOD. You will be able to search hika product too with SEBLOD search type.

It will be published in October.

Best Regards
SEBLOD Team
Last edit: 15 years 4 weeks ago by SEBLOD - Bes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24683 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
That's a great news ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24684 by SEBLOD - Bes
Hello Nicolas,

I will send you this work soon. Will be great if you can test it ;).

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24685 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
That would be terrific !
Looking forward to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24686 by nathan
Replied by nathan on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Just wanted to say that's fantastic news, thanks Bes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24688 by MatthewSchenker
Hello Bes,
Excellent news! Glad to see you here at HikaShop.

If we can stitch HikaShop and Seblod together nicely, I really believe we will see a combination that takes Joomla to entirely new levels. I'm not exaggerating here!

Looks like the next couple of months will be very exciting.

Thanks,
Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24919 by dan1dyoung
Replied by dan1dyoung on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi,

New to Hikashop but working with the Seblod team Bes pointed it out to me and have discussed it with Matt and some others in the team.

I am looking at using it now but some things i see missing (I think there missing as the only demo is Joomla 1.5 and the features i want to demo are from the Business edition but on J1.7 with its ACL so without buying it i can not demo):

1) The ability to change the users usergroup after a purchase - Having this work on a per product basis and not just change but an option to add.

An example is an extensions site and the user purchases one extension then he should be added at payment to a group that allows him to access certain forum areas (Kunena) and be able to download that extension (And revsions of it, so if he purchased version 1.5.0 then he can also download 1.5.x in the future) but if he purchases 3 extensions then the same happens to cover the forum area for all 3 and be able to download all 3 and there revisions (So the same extension but version 2.0.0 would need a new purchase).

So was looking at using Joomla/Seblod categories and ACL to get the different rights but need the cart to make the changes as required (Dynamically).

Still keep a main group so they can have special prices (Discounted maybe) that is applied to all products.






2) This has been asked on here before but that was straight Hikashop and not with Seblod, maybe we can do a Seblod plugin now to check/control this, if a user has purchased those 3 extensions above then they should be able to go to there account to download it again like they can now but ALSO the frontend listings should change from a "Add to cart" button to a "Download" button so they do not purchse something twice by mistake and so they can download from the listing easily.




3) With digital downloads the user once purchaed may also only have access for 12 months (subscriptions) from that date to that group (So the downloads and forum access) so another option to set this function off/on and a time limit, also standard would be a download limit option.

When they expire the ability to set an email (And customise it) to send them renew information which can also be at a discounted cost.




4) Also grouping and qty discounts, so if you have 1-10 of an item its £12 each but 11-20 is £10 each and if you buy 1 item its £2 but if you buy 3 together its £5 and this would reflect in the basket just like coupons.





5) Sale, i have seen a start/stop date per item but can you do per category or full shop??



Thanks

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24920 by dan1dyoung
Replied by dan1dyoung on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
dan1dyoung wrote:

Hi,

4) Also grouping and qty discounts, so if you have 1-10 of an item its £12 each but 11-20 is £10 each and if you buy 1 item its £2 but if you buy 3 together its £5 and this would reflect in the basket just like coupons.

Thanks

Dan



I see a similar post here and you say to create a new product but if i have for example 100 items and buying ANY combination of 3 together gives a discount then creating a product to cover that would mean thousands of extra products to create and maintain which is NOT practicle.


ALSO i will want to use PayPal and i am in the UK, so was this post ever 100% confirmed complete and what about the address issue??

Thanks

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24921 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi,

I don't see the link with seblod in your questions.

1. HikaShop works the same with joomla 1.5 and joomla 1.7 regarding access rights. So except for the multi language content which requires joomfish which is not yet compatible with joomla 1.6 and 1.7, all the rest will be the same in 1.7.
When you edit a product in the Business edition, you have the option "User group after purchase" which allows you to add the customer to a particular group after the porduct is purchased. That's probably what you're looking for. You can test it on our demo website.

2. Sometimes, you want to allow users to purchase the products several times. For example, when you're selling software licenses like us. Of course, you can edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add some code cusotmization to display the product files and hide the add to cart button, but there is not ready made option to do that.

3. You can set a download limit for files attached to products in hikashop in the Files tab of the config.
What you want is a subscription feature in HikaShop. That's not yet possible but has been requested already. It's in the todo list.

4. You don't need coupons for that. When you edit a product, you can set several prices for it with different minimum quantities. So you can do that already.
If you want to create such discount across different products though that method won't work. You could use the auto load feature of coupons (in commercial editions) but the discount will be global to the order and not just for some of the products of the order, so there is not other solution in that case.

5. You can deactivate the shop completely with the first option of the config. You can't set a start/stop date for a whole category of products.

6. Yes, the PayPal Pro plugin works for the UK. You don't need any special plugin. There is no address issue. It's just that you won't see the address of the user in the paypal receipt unless he already has his address in his paypal account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24922 by dan1dyoung
Replied by dan1dyoung on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the replies, the relation to Seblod is I will integrate the two so others things I need I have not listed as I will take care of them with Seblod but need the core Hikashop to do certain things so I can use Seblod to display/control them.


1) I will check again but the demo is only 1.5 which would only allow ONE user group where 1.6/1.7 allows multiple and I would need multiple to allow things to be as dynamic as possible and limit the number of groups/access levels I would need to create.


2) & 3) Yes more like a subscriptions system but not just a subscription but a product specific subscription, as I said as i will be using Seblod to do the frontend display work I will look to make a Seblod plugin to check the clients purchases and display the button to suit.


4) OK, qty one solved but packages not, I will have a think:)


5) OK, again I will have a think as do not need this right now but think it should be possible.

6) OK, thanks


Thanks

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24923 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
On joomla 1.5, the new group will replace the current group as a user can only have one group. However, on 1.6 and 1.7, the group will be added to the user as you need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24924 by dan1dyoung
Replied by dan1dyoung on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi Nicolas,

Excellent, thanks:)

Will/can you add a Joomla 1.7 Demo too?

Thanks

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24925 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi,

We'll first need to have joomfish compatible with 1.7 before thinking of moving the demo website to joomla 1.7.
Otherwise, we would already have updated joomla to 1.7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #24926 by dan1dyoung
Replied by dan1dyoung on topic Re: HikaShop and Seblod?
Hi,

OK, thanks.

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum