Time order and its expiry
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38979
by lacasetta
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Time order and its expiry was created by lacasetta
I need some clarification.
- How long an order created but not confirmed stays in the database ?
- Can I set a time after which an order unconfirmed is automatically canceled ?
- My problem is: if a customer makes an order but does not pay it can the system automatically deletes the order after xxx days?
- Could you explain better what is "Cart retain period" and "Frequency of the check for the cart"? I read your help instruction but I didn't understand very well.
Thanks
- How long an order created but not confirmed stays in the database ?
- Can I set a time after which an order unconfirmed is automatically canceled ?
- My problem is: if a customer makes an order but does not pay it can the system automatically deletes the order after xxx days?
- Could you explain better what is "Cart retain period" and "Frequency of the check for the cart"? I read your help instruction but I didn't understand very well.
Thanks
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by lacasetta.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39078
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Time order and its expiry
Orders are NEVER deleted.
In order to automatically cancel unconfirmed orders you will have to configure the plugin "Hikashop Orders Automatic Cancel Plugin" which is installed automatically with the Essential and Business editions. There, you will be able to set a period until which the orders are cancelled.
Also, you will have to configure your cron task:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-cron-task.html
These cart related options are for deleting carts from time to time so that the cart tables don't grow too much in the database.
In order to automatically cancel unconfirmed orders you will have to configure the plugin "Hikashop Orders Automatic Cancel Plugin" which is installed automatically with the Essential and Business editions. There, you will be able to set a period until which the orders are cancelled.
Also, you will have to configure your cron task:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-cron-task.html
These cart related options are for deleting carts from time to time so that the cart tables don't grow too much in the database.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #39098
by lacasetta
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Replied by lacasetta on topic Re: Time order and its expiry
"These cart related options are for deleting carts from time to time so that the cart tables don't grow too much in the database."
Excuse me, could you give me an example?
Thanks
Does the plugin "Hikashop Orders Automatic Cancel Plugin" cancel only uncorfirmed order or I must set which type of order?
I had just activated the cron task for the wait list, so have I do something else?
Excuse me, could you give me an example?
Thanks
Does the plugin "Hikashop Orders Automatic Cancel Plugin" cancel only uncorfirmed order or I must set which type of order?
I had just activated the cron task for the wait list, so have I do something else?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by lacasetta.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39193
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Time order and its expiry
Hi,
For example, if you set the "Cart retain period" option to 1 week, the carts will be kept in the database for one week before being removed. That means that if a user comes, add some products to his cart, leave your website, and come again 3 days after that, he will still have his cart.
(please note that I'm talking about logged in users. For logged out users, you need to take into account the session lifetime option of the joomla configuration too).
The option "Frequency of the check for the cart" is the frequency at which this is checked. We set it at once per day by default.
The plugin never unconfirms an order. It only changes the status from created to cancel.
Once the order has been paid and thus confirmed, the status won't be changed.
You need to publish that plugin and make sure that the options are what you want. Then, if the cron is setup properly it will work automatically.
For example, if you set the "Cart retain period" option to 1 week, the carts will be kept in the database for one week before being removed. That means that if a user comes, add some products to his cart, leave your website, and come again 3 days after that, he will still have his cart.
(please note that I'm talking about logged in users. For logged out users, you need to take into account the session lifetime option of the joomla configuration too).
The option "Frequency of the check for the cart" is the frequency at which this is checked. We set it at once per day by default.
The plugin never unconfirms an order. It only changes the status from created to cancel.
Once the order has been paid and thus confirmed, the status won't be changed.
You need to publish that plugin and make sure that the options are what you want. Then, if the cron is setup properly it will work automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39200
by lacasetta
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Replied by lacasetta on topic Re: Time order and its expiry
Ok for the example. Now I understand. Thanks!
For the plug in
I wanted to ask if it acts only for orders to be confirmed. If I have an order just confirmed can I leave it all the days i want? The plug in has no effect on it?
For the plug in
I wanted to ask if it acts only for orders to be confirmed. If I have an order just confirmed can I leave it all the days i want? The plug in has no effect on it?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39210
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Time order and its expiry
Yes. they won't be affected by the plugin. You can leave your confirmed orders as they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lacasetta
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds