- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
Which Article Layout to use?
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The mess on the listing page is because of a CSS issue. However, you should not have such problem with the default CSS. Please go in the config in the display tab and try to revert the front end CSS to the default one if you customized it to test if it works better. I can't tell you precisely what to do with CSS issues as I would have to access the website directly for that.
Also, with old versions of hikashop, the variants of products were unpublished by default, it might be why you don't see the dropdowns. Please go in your product's edition screen and click on the "manage variants" button. There, if the variants are unpublished, please publish them and it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
OK, getting there slowly :laugh: I have upgraded to the latest version 1.4.1, however I now have further issues.
On the Store page, all relevant catergories are displayed but underneath it states "Product listing for category listing menu 29" and "Hikashop Module"
When I click on a category, it lists two versions of all the applicable products (but all with a default image rather than the actual image). One list entitled Product listing for category listing menu 29 and one entitled Hikashop Module.
If I then click on a product, the only product info shown is one dropdown (for size) but doesn't recognise the colour variants and underneath this shows other products in the category, but no image etc for the actual product (and no variants for colour as saved)
I have attached screenshots re all of the above
Hope it makes sense!
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In old versions of HikaShop, that "display title" option wasn't working properly which is why you didn't see the titles even though the option was active.
Regarding the images, please check your products on the back end ? is the image displayed there ? If not, it's probably because of a problem during the update.
With version 1.4.1, we moved the components/com_hikashop/upload folder where the images are stored to media/com_hikashop/upload. Please check those folders and copy the images from the old to the new if you don't have them in the new folder. That should solve the problem.
Concerning the characteristics issue. That's because you first added one characteristic, then changed the variants and then added another characteristic to the main product. The problem is that the system isn't smart enought to deal with it and don't add automatically the variants. You should go in your product, click on the "manage variants" button, delete the variants, then go back to the product, delete the characteristics and save your product. Then, add the characteristics again and save. That will recreate the variants automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok,
I have recreated the variants and that has sorted that issue and the picture now displays on the product page. However the product title is showing as whatever the first variants in the drop down are for example "I'M A Big Brother T-Shirt Light Blue 0-6 months" rather than just "I'm A Big Brother.
Product Pictures still don't diplay in the product thumbnails. I have copied all relevant images to the media/com_hikashop/upload folder and the thumbnail folder.
I have now hidden the The "Product listing for category listing menu 29" and "Hikashop Module" titles. However, even though I have disabled Product listing for category listing menu 29, in the category pages I still have duplicate listings of products. See screenshot attached.
In each product, for some reason there are random products showing underneath the main product. Again see screenshot.
Finally, how do I set up the shopping cart for each listing?
I'm pretty sure I'l have more questions and want to thank you for your help so far
Regards
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What is in your "Upload folder" option under the tab files of the config ? There, you will have the path to the image folder. Please make sure that it correspond to the folder where you ahve your images.
If you have duplicate listing of products, that's because you have two products listing modules displayed. Please go to the menu Display->Content modules and disable the one you don't want.
The random products in the product page are probably there because of the problem above. Please unpbulish the corresponding module and it won't display the products there.
"how do I set up the shopping cart for each listing" -> I don't understand your question.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have resolved this issue, thanks
What is in your "Upload folder" option under the tab files of the config ? There, you will have the path to the image folder. Please make sure that it correspond to the folder where you ahve your images.
Under Files in the Hikashop config the Upload Folder is showing as media/com_hikashop/upload
If you have duplicate listing of products, that's because you have two products listing modules displayed. Please go to the menu Display->Content modules and disable the one you don't want.
I have disabled the "Product Listing 29 module" both in Content Modules and Joomla Module Manager but they both still display. What if I delete the module altogether?
The random products in the product page are probably there because of the problem above. Please unpbulish the corresponding module and it won't display the products there.
"how do I set up the shopping cart for each listing" -> I don't understand your question.
I have enabled the Add To Cart option for Hikashop Module and have enabled the Hikashop Cart Option but there is nothing displayed in the product listings to Add To Cart
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can delete all the product modules, then go in your category listing menu(s) and save them to recreate an associated products listing module. That should do it.
That's probably because you didn't do it in the good module. Please follow the advice above and then edit the only products listing module you will have and set the add to cart button option to yes. That should do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The images show in the product listings but not in the thumbnails
You can delete all the product modules, then go in your category listing menu(s) and save them to recreate an associated products listing module. That should do it.
I have deleted the product modules and recreated one but now no products show in the categories?
That's probably because you didn't do it in the good module. Please follow the advice above and then edit the only products listing module you will have and set the add to cart button option to yes. That should do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you created it by saving the category menu as I explained ? Otherwise, the module won't be asscciated to your categories listing menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Not quite sure if I have done what this states. I have 6 categories saved. How do associate a product listing module with them?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
OK, thats sorted that. Now appear to have two remaining issues. One being that the image shows in the product but not on the thumbnail (see attached doc) and the second being I cannot seem to get an Add To Cart option to appear in the listings
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now that you have an associated products listing module, did you edit its options to toggle the add to cart button option in it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the product listings module I have enabled the add to cart button option.
I am a little lost now as to whhat is causing thse issues
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok, I have resolved the imaging issue with the thumbnails. My only major issue now is with the shopping cart as it does not display anything in the product listings
I have the image and the chareteristics with all required variants in the drop downs, but no option to add to cart.
I have enabled the Hikashop Cart module and when I open a category it has a text line at the top saying "The cart is empty" but this is the only thing anywhere on the site that I can see that relates to a shopping cart.
Re some other small issues-
Is it possible to remove the "Display Results" text from the shop pages?
Is there an option to add a Back button or a form of Breadcrumbs within the shop?
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the results display : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...81-uk-only.html#3307
HikaShop integrates with the standard joomla breadcrumb system. So you can just publish the joomla breadcrumb module and you will have your breadcrumb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes it was in catalogue mode! Thanks.
Now re the shopping page when a customer adds to cart it doesn't specify what colour or size they have chosen, just what the product is.
Re the address details does it always default to Rhone France or can this be changed?
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The custom address fields can be personnalized via the menu Display->Custom fields. There, you will be able to change their default value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.