- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
Title tags
14 years 6 months ago #43005
by handsun
Title tags was created by handsun
Hello, I noticed that in the joomla menu options, the Page display Options on the right, the browser page title does not work with hika shop, it takes the name of the menu item as it is actually displayed in the menu instead and displays it as page title in the browser. Also the Show Page Heading on page does not work as well, only the actual menu item name is displayed on page as title.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43173
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Title tags
Hi,
We don't have the first problem on our end. But I remember such problem in old versions of HikaShop. Do you use the latest version ?
Regarding the second problem, that's something which was fixed with the new release we made today.
You can download it on our website if you want to update.
We don't have the first problem on our end. But I remember such problem in old versions of HikaShop. Do you use the latest version ?
Regarding the second problem, that's something which was fixed with the new release we made today.
You can download it on our website if you want to update.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #52674
by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Re: Title tags
Hello Nicholas,
I have somewhat the same problem as mentioned above.
My page titles from Joomla menu's are not showing up.
If for the Hika menu the setting: Use menu name instead of
category name for the title no is selected. Then it Displays the category name as a page title.
If I select yes for the above option is displays the page title but instead of showing the category name on the page is also displays the page title there. And it shows the | character as \|
See the attachment.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
I have somewhat the same problem as mentioned above.
My page titles from Joomla menu's are not showing up.
If for the Hika menu the setting: Use menu name instead of
category name for the title no is selected. Then it Displays the category name as a page title.
If I select yes for the above option is displays the page title but instead of showing the category name on the page is also displays the page title there. And it shows the | character as \|
See the attachment.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Sue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52769
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Title tags
That's normal. Both the page title and the title of the page use the same text.
Either the category name, or the menu title.
For the special character, we cannot reproduce the problem on our end.
Are you using the latest version of HikaShop ? Which version of HikaShop ?
Either the category name, or the menu title.
For the special character, we cannot reproduce the problem on our end.
Are you using the latest version of HikaShop ? Which version of HikaShop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52779
by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Re: Title tags
But that's not practical for seo.
So I can't use the page title option of Joomla for my page titles?
Maybe override it?
I am using the 1.5.7 version
So I can't use the page title option of Joomla for my page titles?
Maybe override it?
I am using the 1.5.7 version
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52870
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Title tags
If you want to override it, you can edit the file "listing" of the view 'product'/'category' via the menu Display>Views:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/14722-cu...s.html?lang=en#14737
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/14722-cu...s.html?lang=en#14737
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds