- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Advanced Search Filter Options
My employer is not really happy with the way the results screen is displayed, so has asked if Hikashop is able to create custom filters for searches. I've had a look at enabling the Filter Module but I can't actually see any difference it makes...
www.yourround.co.uk/CraftKeg/ (It is in the same position as the Hikashop Search at the top)
I've installed a K2 search filter plugin for demonstration of the type of thing he's looking for, but obviously this has no links to any of the Hikashop products. Is there a way to get the Hikashop search to look like the K2 search plugin?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-filter-listing.html
Before enabling the filter module, you first need to configure filters via the menu Display->Filters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for that, I've enabled this but it's only brought more problems!
Firstly I've created a cursor filter so people can select the price, but for whatever reason it's not working (as well as creating a massive gap) I also can't put select the filter module as having 2 columns as they appear stacked on top of each other.
I was also wondering, my boss is not keen on the results page, is there no way to display the results as a product view as such - www.yourround.co.uk/CraftKeg/index.php/light
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First of I would suggest to read carefully the documentation Nicolas gave you. You could see that there are numerous options to display filters in one or two columns, to change their height and so on.
Second, you try to download the last Hikashop version, we improved our filters and you should appreciate it (last version is 2.2.0).
Finally, the result should be displayed just like the listing is. Point is that on the link you gave mle, there is no way to apply the filters (the go button is only efficient for the search).
You should display the filter button (in System>Configuration>Features>filters) or enable the option "apply on click" for your filters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you try doing a search now, you'll notice that it opens a new page with the results how I want, but it has the Filter options above them, so it's on the screen twice. Is there a way to stop that happening?
I've had a look through the documents Nicolas sent me, but I can't see any obvious answer why my Cursor filter for the price is not displaying?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you don't want to display the filter in your module, just uncheck the "display filters" option of your menu/module.
About the cursor, first, you set a width of 2px which obviously do not help for displaying it
But the true problem comes from jQuery since you ahve a JS error, it's probably a conflict with mootools, I would suggest to install the Jquery easy plugin to fix that
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there a way I can get the filters to stop stacking on top of each other, and also to get them to all appear in both the top and bottom of the page?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Same thing for the cursor, I told you to update your Hikashop version since the last version is 2.2.0 while your version is 2.1.2.
We already fixed the cursor issue, just update to fix it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Apologies thought I did have the latest version, I've updated now but I'm still having a little bit of problem with the cursor filter. No matter what value I seem to put in, it doesn't seem to return any results? Are you getting the same result? www.yourround.co.uk/CraftKeg/index.php/h...ting/product/listing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you please send me a FTP and a backend access so I can take a look
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The point is that your products don't have prices since prices are given to your variants.
Our filters cannot search for variants' prices for now since it's really complicated and the query would be too big.
The solution for you is to set a price to your main product, the same as your cheapest variant for example.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've only got a few more questions then I can probably stop bothering you! If I put the Hikashop filter module in the left middle position of my template (beez), it appears on the right hand side, have you had issues with beez before?
Also, if you look at www.yourround.co.uk/CraftKeg/index.php/h...ting/product/listing , you can see Type and Brewers are quite close together, is it possible in the CSS to change the formatting of the filters?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
About the module position, I don't think you are using a beez template and regarding to the name of your div it probably come from the template you are using.
So you should take a look at the template structure and see what's wrong but it definitely does not come from Hikashop.
About the css, the first filter is to large because of the values inside. If you look at the css, you'll see that the div has a css property automatically calculated of 24%, based on the fact you set the number of row to 4 in your main configuration. So the only option is to set a smaller number of row, or reducing the long name, or editing our processing file (but it's hard and require good php knowledge).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I had a look in my template manager and it says that I am using the beez5 template. I guess it being on the right isn't the end of the world, although is there a way to change the text so it doesn't say 'HikaShop Filter Module' as I'd rather it just say product search?
Also I've played around with the setting so the brewers filter is shorter, but I'd also like to add some padding so the text isn't so close to the checklist buttons, can this be done in the css?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 - Yes it's possible, just add you css to the front end css file (System>Configuration>Display>CSS) and do not forget to specify the class
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.