- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 3 months ago #333992
by joshualdouglas
Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential was created by joshualdouglas
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
Hello,
It's looking like I need to upgrade From Starter 4.4.2 to the latest version of Essential because I need the cron feature stated here - www.hikashop.com/forum/17-serial-how-to/...er-stops-paying.html
Will upgrading from Start 4.4.2 to the latest version of Essential have any side effects? Do I just install the essential download file and it upgrades everything on its own?
Also for the cron to work, do I need to attach the websites subscription to Hika Subscription or Hikashop Essential? In here - www.hikashop.com/component/updateme/subscription.html?Itemid=99
Thanks,
Josh
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
Hello,
It's looking like I need to upgrade From Starter 4.4.2 to the latest version of Essential because I need the cron feature stated here - www.hikashop.com/forum/17-serial-how-to/...er-stops-paying.html
Will upgrading from Start 4.4.2 to the latest version of Essential have any side effects? Do I just install the essential download file and it upgrades everything on its own?
Also for the cron to work, do I need to attach the websites subscription to Hika Subscription or Hikashop Essential? In here - www.hikashop.com/component/updateme/subscription.html?Itemid=99
Thanks,
Josh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333995
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential
Hi,
Yes, you just need to install the install package of the Essential edition and it will do both the upgrade and the update at the same time. No worries here, it's like a manual update.
You need to set the URL of your website in the Essential subscription for the cron task setup in the Cron tab of the HikaShop configuration.
Yes, you just need to install the install package of the Essential edition and it will do both the upgrade and the update at the same time. No worries here, it's like a manual update.
You need to set the URL of your website in the Essential subscription for the cron task setup in the Cron tab of the HikaShop configuration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #334006
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential
Thanks Nicolas.
One last question. Does the Essential subscription need to be valid (non-expired) for the cron to work?
I'm using this feature to manage Hikaserial subscriptions so I am a bit confused about how this works
Thanks
One last question. Does the Essential subscription need to be valid (non-expired) for the cron to work?
I'm using this feature to manage Hikaserial subscriptions so I am a bit confused about how this works
Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by joshualdouglas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #334011
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential
Another question I have:
I'm currently using a temporary URL. Is it possible to put that in here - www.hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html for testing purposes then delete it and replace it with my final live URL?
Thanks,
Josh.
UPDATE: Tested this. I can!
I'm currently using a temporary URL. Is it possible to put that in here - www.hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html for testing purposes then delete it and replace it with my final live URL?
Thanks,
Josh.
UPDATE: Tested this. I can!
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by joshualdouglas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #334022
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential
Hi,
Yes, the URL can be changed there.
The Essential edition subscription needs to be valid for the cron to be triggered from our website.
Now, you can also opt to trigger the cron URL with your server's cron mechanism, if your hosting gives you access to it:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ron-task.html#server
It's the case on most dedicated / VPS offerings and also on some shared hostings.
Some online services are also available for that:
cron-job.org/en/
Yes, the URL can be changed there.
The Essential edition subscription needs to be valid for the cron to be triggered from our website.
Now, you can also opt to trigger the cron URL with your server's cron mechanism, if your hosting gives you access to it:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ron-task.html#server
It's the case on most dedicated / VPS offerings and also on some shared hostings.
Some online services are also available for that:
cron-job.org/en/
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #334036
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Upgrading from Hikashop Starter 4.4.2 to the lastest version of Essential
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds