- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 3 months ago #333836
by joshualdouglas
Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying was created by joshualdouglas
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 3.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
Hello,
If a user cancels their yearly reoccurring Paypal payment, when the second year begins, will Hikaserial close their subscription and remove them from the promoted user group? When a user pays they are promoted to the "Member" user group so I want them to become "Registered" when their subscription is closed.
Thanks,
Josh
-- HikaSerial version -- : 3.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
Hello,
If a user cancels their yearly reoccurring Paypal payment, when the second year begins, will Hikaserial close their subscription and remove them from the promoted user group? When a user pays they are promoted to the "Member" user group so I want them to become "Registered" when their subscription is closed.
Thanks,
Josh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333852
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hello,
Paypal performs the renewal which extends the subscription, if it does not, the subscription will become expires.
If you configure the HikaSerial cron task, it will automatically modify the subscription when it expires. Otherwise it would require the user to perform an action in the website (or just login) to let HikaSerial checks its subscription and change its groups if needed.
Regards,
Paypal performs the renewal which extends the subscription, if it does not, the subscription will become expires.
If you configure the HikaSerial cron task, it will automatically modify the subscription when it expires. Otherwise it would require the user to perform an action in the website (or just login) to let HikaSerial checks its subscription and change its groups if needed.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #333865
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hi Jerome,
Thanks. How do I configure the cron task?
Best,
Josh.
Thanks. How do I configure the cron task?
Best,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333879
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hello,
Here the HikaShop documentation for the cron-task configuration :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ashop-cron-task.html
Regards,
Here the HikaShop documentation for the cron-task configuration :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ashop-cron-task.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #333893
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
My version of hikashop doesn't have cron jobs :^C
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333895
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hello,
HikaSubscription proposes its own URL for CRON task :
You can follow the HikaShop documentation but uses the HikaSerial URL instead.
Regards,
HikaSubscription proposes its own URL for CRON task :
Code:
index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=cron
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #333926
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #334069
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hello,
Hope you've been well.
I have 2 issues when setting up the cron job.
1) When i enter the "your cron task" URL ( www.dah01.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php?o...trl=serial&task=cron ) and hit save. I get www.hikashop.com refused to connect. please see attached -
When I do a Joomla save (the green button) the cron URL is still set to the default - please see attached -
However, when I go to edit my URL again I can see the one that I entered - please see attached -
Whenever I click save I get the same www.hikashop.com refused to connect message.
2) In the last report, The result of the trigger the timestamp seems to be CEST - please see attached -
Could I change this to BST or GMT?
Thanks.
Hope you've been well.
I have 2 issues when setting up the cron job.
1) When i enter the "your cron task" URL ( www.dah01.jroot.layer3.co.uk/index.php?o...trl=serial&task=cron ) and hit save. I get www.hikashop.com refused to connect. please see attached -
When I do a Joomla save (the green button) the cron URL is still set to the default - please see attached -
However, when I go to edit my URL again I can see the one that I entered - please see attached -
Whenever I click save I get the same www.hikashop.com refused to connect message.
2) In the last report, The result of the trigger the timestamp seems to be CEST - please see attached -
Could I change this to BST or GMT?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #334091
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hello,
If you have an HikaShop cron ; use the HikaShop cron.
The HikaSerial cron URL is when you're using the manual method (from the documentation I gave previously).
If you have issues with the HikaShop cron system, please open a new thread in the HIkaShop section of the forum.
Regards,
If you have an HikaShop cron ; use the HikaShop cron.
The HikaSerial cron URL is when you're using the manual method (from the documentation I gave previously).
If you have issues with the HikaShop cron system, please open a new thread in the HIkaShop section of the forum.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 3 months ago #334097
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
I'm a bit confused as to which Cron I should be using.
I assumed I had to use the hikaserial cron like you said above?
The link you sent me is the hikashop cron documentation so I assumed this was done in the same place?
I assumed I had to use the hikaserial cron like you said above?
The link you sent me is the hikashop cron documentation so I assumed this was done in the same place?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #334099
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hello,
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ron-task.html#server
You can configure a CRON task in your web hosting and call the HikaSerial URL to trigger the HikaSerial tasks.
If you're using the HikaShop cron system (first part of the documentation) ; it will also trigger HikaSerial tasks thanks to the integration.
Regards,
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ron-task.html#server
You can configure a CRON task in your web hosting and call the HikaSerial URL to trigger the HikaSerial tasks.
If you're using the HikaShop cron system (first part of the documentation) ; it will also trigger HikaSerial tasks thanks to the integration.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
5 years 2 months ago #334255
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Does Hikaserial automatically close subscriptions when a user stops paying
Hi,
After a bit of experimenting, I have this all working. Thanks for your support.
After a bit of experimenting, I have this all working. Thanks for your support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds