Skip to main content

Paypal plug-in

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #169764 by wxia0822
Paypal plug-in was created by wxia0822
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 31
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error.

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Paypal account in back-end to receive money for may online store. At first I was thinking the Paypal information I input under System/Payment method is the one for back-end Paypal setting which I expect collecting money for me.

After all this I test as a customer, I paid through my MasterCard for several times but I never saw money in my Paypal.

Finally I realized at this place Paypal account is about how customer pay through Paypal only. It is not related to the transactions at which customers use credit card.

How do I configure it so no matter how customers pay, either through credit card or palypal, I always can receive money in my Paypal account? Essential version can do it or it has to be an upgrade to Business edition?

In HikaShop/System/Plug-ins, I did not see anything about Paypal. But I see several Paypal plug-ins at Joomla level as shown in the attached screen shot.


Please help and say thanks in advance.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by wxia0822.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #169765 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in
I read this article but it did not fix my problem:

www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/25008-hi...-payment-plugin.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #169774 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Paypal plug-in

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wxia0822

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #169856 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in
Thanks Jerome, this is what I need. I did test buying as a customer through credit card, for what ever reason I did not see the money coming in the paypal. Possibly the reason is that the credit card I was using is from the same bank which I used to associated paypal. Any way I will test it again by another different bank's credit card.

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by wxia0822.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #169877 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in
Jerome,

I tested and it looks like everything going through: add to cart, checkout page, registration, activation from email, input my credit card information, finish. And I even got email notification with subject "A new order has been created on your website" in my paypal associated mailbox.

Everything looks good except I can not find any transactions either in my paypal account or my credit card account.

The reason could be the fact that both paypal account and the credit card are under my name so no transaction happened?

If the answer if "yes" what is the way you recommend to test online payment?

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by wxia0822.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169882 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in
From back end hika/orders I can see this specific order status is "created" not confirmed. Not sure it is normal or abnormal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169917 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in
Probably because I not using paypal non-biz account. I am setting up a biz account right now. probably problem will be fixed this way. This ticket can be closed. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169921 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal plug-in
Make sure that the "enable validation mode" of the PayPal plugin is turned off or payments won't be captured automatically on your PayPal account (see our documentation on the PayPal plugin for more infos).
Other than that, if you get the payments in your PayPal account and orders are still not confirmed in HikaShop, we have some documentation available to troubleshoot: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169947 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in

wxia0822 wrote: Probably because I not using paypal non-biz account. I am setting up a biz account right now. probably problem will be fixed this way. This ticket can be closed. Thanks.

Hi guys, upgraded to paypal biz account standard and it still doesn't work. Checked with Paypal support and they said it looks good from their side. Please help.

Still the same problem - I used my own credit card for test. The whole process look OK:

I got email for activation after registration.
I logged into email and opened the link from there.
I chosen "credit card" as payment method and then click "finish"
Get a message on front page saying " order complete"
Could see an user be created and an order was created from back end.

Everything looks normal -Just one thing is bad: did not see money flow into my Paypal account. And that is the key thing :)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #169967 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal plug-in
What do you mean by "it looks good on their side" ? They see the payment on their website ?
You said that you chose "credit card" ? What do you mean by that ? Did you enter a credit card on your HikaShop checkout or in PayPal ?
If you mean in HikaShop checkout, it means that you've configured the "credit card collect" payment method which allows you to collect credit card information for the orders in order to process them with your own payment terminal (for brick and mortar shops).
In that case, you should delete this payment method and instead configure the "paypal" payment method via the menu System>Payment methods. Then it will direct you to PayPal for the payment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #170020 by wxia0822
Replied by wxia0822 on topic Paypal plug-in

nicolas wrote: What do you mean by "it looks good on their side" ? They see the payment on their website ?
You said that you chose "credit card" ? What do you mean by that ? Did you enter a credit card on your HikaShop checkout or in PayPal ?
If you mean in HikaShop checkout, it means that you've configured the "credit card collect" payment method which allows you to collect credit card information for the orders in order to process them with your own payment terminal (for brick and mortar shops).
In that case, you should delete this payment method and instead configure the "paypal" payment method via the menu System>Payment methods. Then it will direct you to PayPal for the payment.

Nicholas, what you said doesn't make sense. What I need is: No matter how use choose, either credit card or paypal, it is their choice. Whatever way they go, the money should go to my back-end paypal account.

"In that case, you should delete this payment method and instead configure the "paypal" payment method via the menu System>Payment methods. Then it will direct you to PayPal for the paymeng" -> This means they only can pay through paypal only. Paypal -> Paypal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #170035 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal plug-in
Hi,

The PayPal payment gateway supports BOTH paypal payments AND credit card payments if you have a PayPal Business account and in that case you should only configure the PayPal payment method in HikaShop.
The choice between PayPal payment and the credit card will be done on the PayPal payment page, after the checkout. See for example this screenshot of the PayPal payment page: drosophila.med.harvard.edu/sites/drosoph...-card-not-paypal.gif

If you want to process the credit card payments directly on your website, then it's not the "credit card" payment method that you need but the "PayPal Pro" payment method which is a specific PayPal payment gateway which can handle credit card payments on the checkout of the website. But note that PayPal only offers that capability for a limited number of countries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum