Install Errors & Display Issues
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2 Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Ok, I just purchased & tried to install HikaShop Essentials. I was told that all I had to do was download the package & install it in the Extension Manager and Essentials would take over...yet it's still showing I need to update Starter (see #4 below).
#1 - I tried to do this, 4 or 5 times now, and I keep getting a time out using the .TAR file. So I tried the .Zip version, that installed but provided me with the errors shown in the image attached called "Errors". So I tried to re-install again using the .ZIP file, and I did not get any errors this time around.
RESOLVED - #2 - I went to check my site to make sure it's working, and on the front end the category displays are all messed up now as shown in the "Category Display" image attached.
#3 - Also, now I checked in the Plugin Manager...and I've got NUMEROUS duplicate entries now for HikaShop as shown in the "Duplicate Entries" image attached.
#4 - And to make things even more troublesome for me...the Extension Manager Update shows that HikaShop Starter needs to be updated.
RESOLVED - #5 - Lastly...now, in the Product Category display on the back end under "Products" it shows ALL my items in the sub folder "Product Category" and continues to show all products until I drill in to other sub folders as shown in the "Product Categories Display" image attached. Is this supposed to be like this? In Starter, it was not like this.
Please help...thanks.
EDIT - 09/26/2014 Numbers 2 & 5 have been resolved. Still need help on Numbers 1, 3, and 4.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
If anyone can help with the other issues, I'd appreciate it!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. The tar.gz file is smaller in size but the compression require more CPU for the extraction.
The install generally check if the plugin already exist before install it ; in your case it looks like some plugin couldn't been found by HikaShop which generate the duplication trouble.
More than that, it looks like you have some folder permission issue because HikaShop was not able to write folders for the new plugins. This folder permission can be the source of the duplication.
2. If I understand right, this point is fixed.
3. [ Same as point 1 ]
You can unpublish one of the duplicates plugins. But if you try to delete one, it will delete the fields and the other won't work anymore. So if you want to clean it, the best is to remove the entries directly in the database.
4. You need to go in the HikaShop configuration to let HikaShop set the correct url for the joomla update.
5. I am sorry but I don't understand clearly the problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Jerome wrote: Hi,
1. The tar.gz file is smaller in size but the compression require more CPU for the extraction.
The install generally check if the plugin already exist before install it ; in your case it looks like some plugin couldn't been found by HikaShop which generate the duplication trouble.
More than that, it looks like you have some folder permission issue because HikaShop was not able to write folders for the new plugins. This folder permission can be the source of the duplication.
2. If I understand right, this point is fixed.
3. [ Same as point 1 ]
You can unpublish one of the duplicates plugins. But if you try to delete one, it will delete the fields and the other won't work anymore. So if you want to clean it, the best is to remove the entries directly in the database.
4. You need to go in the HikaShop configuration to let HikaShop set the correct url for the joomla update.
5. I am sorry but I don't understand clearly the problem.
Regards,
Thanks for the reply Jerome,
On #1 - That's interesting, because I've installed numerous files before, not sure if they were as large or larger, but I've never had a problem. When I unpack the file on my desktop, it flies through it with no problems.
On the folder permissions issue. Could the permissions issue be a leftover thing that my previous webmaster would have setup without me knowing? If so, or even if not...how do I fix it?
#2 - Yep...I was able to resolve this issue myself.
#3 - Removing the entries from the database sounds a bit higher than I know how to do. Could you point me in the right direction so I can see if it's something I can handle? Is there no way to uninstall HikaShop Starter without messing up HikaShop Essentials and/or causing mass devastation on my online webstore?
If I can only unpublish those duplicates, is it safe to assume that the ones with the higher ID number is the newer one. If so, I should unpublish the ones with a lower number in the ID field correct?
#4 - I'm in the configurations screen, and I've checked each section, but I don't see anything related to the "updating" of HikaShop Starter or Essentials. Where is it?
#5 - Originally in HikaShop Starter, the category that is selected in the image "Product Categories Display" had no products showing in it. Now since updating to HikaShop Essentials, it shows a listing of ALL the products from ALL the sub folders. Only until I go all the way in to the various sub folders does it show the correct product for that sub folder.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have to admit that your install is weird.
As I wrote in my previous message, the HikaShop installer check if a plugin already exist before install it ; so you shouldn't have duplicate plugin.
More than that, the "auto update" url is set during the install, in your case it's not. So I think the install did not finish clearly.
When you go in the HikaShop configuration, we have a check which should check the server name and fix the "auto updater" url. So just by displaying the HikaShop configuration, you can fix the "auto updater" url, in some cases.
The plugin can't be really duplicate in the way that the files exist just one time.
So you can just unpublish the duplicate entries in your Joomla manager.
If you not confident enough to use "PhpMyAdmin" and remove entries directly in your database, the best is just to unpublish the plugins and does not touch the database.
For your point 5, it's just that you selected the filter "All sub elements".
It's the last dropdown in your screenshot (top right). Just switch it to "direct sub elements".
This problem is not related to the update or starter/essential ; it is something you have modified manually (and which is stored in the user session).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thanks for getting back to me. I agree it's a bit weird. I've updated it several times before while I had Starter, but this initial install of Essentials (and the update to 2.3.3 the very next day)...just did not go right from the start.
I just tried to install the tar file again, and here's the error I get...
"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/content/53/9698953/html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/tar.php on line 146"
Any suggestions?
Also...for the plugins...which ones of the duplicates should I disable? The higher ID number or the lower ID number? Lower correct?
Lastly...thank you for the tip on the "direct sub elements". I'm not sure how that changed, but it definitely wasn't that way before...so maybe another issue with the install not going right? Either way...#5 is fixed!
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you have troubles with the tar.gz file, the best is to use the zip file or to make an install using FTP.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-to-install.html#ftp
Extracting the files is time consuming for your server, if you make an install by FTP ; it will be easier for your server because it won't have to extract the files and then copy them.
The install by FTP will be highly recommended for your website. HikaShop Essential/Business contain a lot of files so it will be easier for the update process to use that.
About the duplication, you can unpublish the higher or the lower ID number ; there are the same. The idea is to unpublish all "lower" or all "higher" so you have something homogeneous.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thanks for the tip on the duplicate entries, I will set all the lower ones to disabled.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So as I said in my latest message, please use the FTP install.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
What else can I do to fix this?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then it would indicate a file permission issue preventing the joomla installer from copying all the files of the package. Rename the administrator/components/com_hikashop and components/com_hikashop folders to something else and do the install from folder again and make sure that you're using the package of the Essential edition for the install. That will force the Essential edition files to the HikaShop files location and you'll definitely get the Essential edition installed after that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Edit - Right now, I'm deleting the Hikashop folder I placed in my temp folder on the FTP, I've unpacked Hikashop Essentials 2.3.3 again, and am re-uploading as I type this. I will try the install one more time. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to re-name those folders back because I need my store operating.
Also...I'm going to need someone to fix this for me because honestly, this is getting to be too much for such a simple thing. I've never had issues before installing an update or a new program, yet I upgrade from Starter to Essentials & all hell breaks loose! I need my store operating properly ASAP. I appreciate that you guys are trying to help, but so far, nothing IS helping with the exception of minor issues or bugs that were able to be resolved. I've got more that the issues listed here, which are in different threads, and you can see if you look at all of my following threads...something happened when installing HikaShop Essentials.
There is this thread I'm typing in, as well as the following "problem" threads...
Still has ongoing issues...
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/871827-q...ot-show-in-cart.html
Still has ongoing issues...
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...product-borders.html
This was resolved...
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...display-listing.html
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I'm renaming the old folders back so my store can be somewhat operational as right now, it's completely down. I need someone to please fix these issues as stated in your Usage description of "Installation guaranteed! If you have any problems installing HikaShop, we'll do it for you."
And I'd like all of my issues due to this bad installation to be fixed as well.
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting pissed off, but honestly, I am. I followed ALL of the directions for the install, and I've had nothing but problems, and now my store is being effected because of it. Do you blame me for being mad? I sincerely hope not! I'm not a programmer, I don't write CSS code like some of you guys. I'm just a simple user that needs help due to a bad install.
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please send us some credentials using the contact-us page.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
So we will be able to access to your backend.
If you can also provide access to your PhpMyAdmin and your FTP ; it will be helpful in order to clean the files and the database entries.
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Just an update...thanks to Mohamed, the following 2 issues are now resolved...
This has been resolved...
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/871827-q...ot-show-in-cart.html
This has been resolved...
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...product-borders.html
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your hosting company usually provides you with such access. Do you have a cpanel maybe ?
You can normally access it from the cpanel if you have one.
Thanks to send the access to that via our contact form.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Sorry, I think I found it now...I'm sending the information over now with my direct email address in case you need anything else.
Thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.