Install Errors & Display Issues
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 11 hours ago #174169
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
Jerome,
Could you please let me know the status on this? I've sent all the requested information through the "contact us" email page, but the account has never been logged in & I still need resolution to the issues in the 1st post that are NOT marked resolved.
Thanks
Could you please let me know the status on this? I've sent all the requested information through the "contact us" email page, but the account has never been logged in & I still need resolution to the issues in the 1st post that are NOT marked resolved.
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 53 minutes ago #174171
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
Hi,
1. You already have the latest version of the Essential edition installed on your website. So it means that the install you did via FTP apparently worked.
3. You can ignore the duplicate plugins. It's not much of a problem.
4. The update manager of Joomla caches the data until you click on the "purge cache" button there. I've done it for you and no more hikashop starter update since you're already good as per point 1.
1. You already have the latest version of the Essential edition installed on your website. So it means that the install you did via FTP apparently worked.
3. You can ignore the duplicate plugins. It's not much of a problem.
4. The update manager of Joomla caches the data until you click on the "purge cache" button there. I've done it for you and no more hikashop starter update since you're already good as per point 1.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 11 months ago #174258
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
Hello Nicolas, and thank you for helping out!
Two questions...
#1 - when you went in to purge the cache, was anything in there? I noticed someone was logged in when I went to update Joomla, so I waited until they logged out. Once they were logged out, I personally cleared the cache, updated Joomla to 2.5.27, and went back to confirm the cache was cleared and I didn't see anything at that time...so hopefully something did not repopulate in the cache.
#2 - Did it seem to you the errors I got when trying to install HikaShop Essentials the first time were resolved with the subsequent re-installation attempts? There's a photo attached to the first post called "Errors"...those would be the ones I'm speaking of.
Thank you!
Two questions...
#1 - when you went in to purge the cache, was anything in there? I noticed someone was logged in when I went to update Joomla, so I waited until they logged out. Once they were logged out, I personally cleared the cache, updated Joomla to 2.5.27, and went back to confirm the cache was cleared and I didn't see anything at that time...so hopefully something did not repopulate in the cache.
#2 - Did it seem to you the errors I got when trying to install HikaShop Essentials the first time were resolved with the subsequent re-installation attempts? There's a photo attached to the first post called "Errors"...those would be the ones I'm speaking of.
Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174264
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
1. I did it before you looked at it.
2. Yes. Note that these are not errors in HikaShop. The errors are displayed by the Joomla installer when installing the HikaShop package because the permissions on the folders on your web server were not correct and thus the installer didn't had the right to write the HikaShop files where they were supposed to go.
2. Yes. Note that these are not errors in HikaShop. The errors are displayed by the Joomla installer when installing the HikaShop package because the permissions on the folders on your web server were not correct and thus the installer didn't had the right to write the HikaShop files where they were supposed to go.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 11 months ago #174312
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
Ahhh ok, side question then...
When I upgrade to Joomla 3.x...will those permissions be reset? I don't know how they were ever changed, I certainly didn't do it, and my previous webmasters access was revoked about a year or so ago.
When I upgrade to Joomla 3.x...will those permissions be reset? I don't know how they were ever changed, I certainly didn't do it, and my previous webmasters access was revoked about a year or so ago.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174334
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
Hi,
I guess that the previous webmaster secured the folder permission in order to not let the website create/write files/folder everywhere.
It is a good thing in general but you have to "deactivate it" (re-set permissions) when you update a component or Joomla.
So you might have some troubles with the Joomla update if all folders are not allow to be written.
Regards,
I guess that the previous webmaster secured the folder permission in order to not let the website create/write files/folder everywhere.
It is a good thing in general but you have to "deactivate it" (re-set permissions) when you update a component or Joomla.
So you might have some troubles with the Joomla update if all folders are not allow to be written.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 11 months ago #174356
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Install Errors & Display Issues
Thanks Jerome,
I'll try reaching out to him to find out what he did...hopefully he will let me know.
I'll try reaching out to him to find out what he did...hopefully he will let me know.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds