- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
Errors after update
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.25
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 37
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
After upgrading to 2.3.3, pop up after adding to cart shows the logo, main menu, cart module and login. It should just show continue shopping and go to cart.
Also, clicking x items for $xx.xx does not show the contents of the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My site wasn't performing properly after installing the upgrade through Joomla admin. I reinstalled my previous version of HikaShop (2.2.3).
I then manually edited the two files in your article you linked to in your email. Things appeared to be working fine, but the checkout procedure is not quite right. When a patron is not signed in and viewing their cart, clicking Next just refreshes the page. It used to take them to a login screen to continue the checkout procedure. This means that they have to click Login on the top right to continue checkout. It doesn't seem like a big deal at first, but this is different than the procedure that has been in place for nearly two years on my site.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to explain your problem with details and with screenshots.
It is quite difficult to understand your specific problem in so such small description (for your first post more than for your third ; but for your third too).
As you know, we have to deal with a big number of messages, so please, help us to help you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The issue is a bug in the shipping view of the checkout which has been fixed in more recent versions of HikaShop and which was not displaying the shipping methods selection on the checkout in some cases. So you already had that problem before the update.
I've put the code of the current version in your shipping view file:
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=view&task=edit&id=0|ja_brisk|component|com_hikashop|checkout|shipping.php
It has fixed the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I see that I still have HikaShop version 2.2.3. I would like to update to the latest 2.3.3. Should I be able to update to 2.3.3 without losing the manual updates you made? Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regarding the link that Nicolas gave you, he made an override.
So you will be able to update without loosing the modification.
Please make a backup before the update, just in case !
If you have modified core file directly (php, css, js...) it will be easier to get a backup. If you used the HikaShop system (for view/css overrides) you shouldn't have any trouble.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks,
Eric
Edit: I reinstalled a previous version of HikaShop so my site isn't down. I would still like for the latest update to be installed and not have a problem with the site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So if you revert to the previous version and apply the security patch www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_co...&view=article&id=269 manually, you will be fine.
The modification I made was on that page: administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=view&task=edit&id=0|ja_brisk|component|com_hikashop|checkout|shipping.php
Simply copy the code there, update HikaShop and paste the code there after the update and you should be ok too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've tried installing using Joomla installer and also just modifying the two lines of code manually. It breaks my shopping cart both ways. I want my site to work with your latest patch applied correctly. Are you able to assist with that so that I don't have any down time? I sell $3000US worth of product every day, so I can't afford any down time on my site.
Thanks,
Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop 2.3.3 is HikaShop 2.3.2 but with two patches ; one for the security and another for Joomla 3.3.4 (3.3.5 and 3.3.6).
Only the security patch will be important for you.
I really don't know how you tried to apply the patch and I still don't know anything about your current problem.
So I am afraid that I am not able to help you correctly if I don't have information which help me to understand the situation.
If you want to to apply the security patch on your website, please provide us a FTP access ; it is the only way to apply this patch correctly.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop 2.3.4 which includes that fix has been released a few days ago already. You can download it via the menu My account>My subscriptions on our website and then install it on yours and you'll get the patch including all the other features we added in it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. I upgraded HikaShop from version 2.2.3 to 2.3.3 resulting in some site issues.
--- The pop up after adding to items to the cart shows the site logo, main menu, cart module and login. It should just show "Continue Shopping" and "Go to cart."
2. I downgraded to HikaShop 2.2.3 and the issues went away.
3. I then manually edited the two files in your article. www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_co...&view=article&id=269 Things appeared to be working fine, but the checkout procedure was not quite right. When a patron is not signed in and viewing their cart, clicking Next just refreshes the page. It used to take them to a login screen to continue the checkout procedure. This means that they have to click Login on the checkout navigation bar. It doesn't seem like a big deal at first, but this is different than the procedure that has been in place for nearly two years on my site.
4. You fixed an issue with the shipping view.
5. You said that I could upgrade to HikaShop 2.3.3 without issue.
6. I performed the update via Joomla Extanision Manger: Install
7. This resulted in the same issues in number 1 above.
8. I restored my site from a backup.
9. I upgraded from Joomla 2.5.25 to Joomla 2.5.27. It broke the HikaShop portion of my site.
10. You said to install HikaShop 2.3.4 which includes a fix for the issue I am having.
11. I performed the update via Joomla Extanision Manger: Install
--- The issues are still there. See screenshots in this thread. First is pop up after adding to cart not showing keep shopping/go to cart. Second is viewing the cart. Please read through this thread and look at Jerome's private messages for the whole story. I need this working.
12. I restored the site from a backup again.
13. I have not received a response in 9 days.
I have followed every instruction you have given me. You manually fixed some code on my site. HikaShop and Joomla updates affect the performance of my site. What I want is to be able to update HikaShop and Joomla security updates without it affecting my site. Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
sorry for the late reply :
1. if you have some issue with the "add to cart popup", you'll have to edit the add to cart popup, you'll just have to edit the "notice" file of the "Checkout" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".
3. Can you show me how did you configured your checkout workflow and the options of the "Login" Tab through some screenshots via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In bullet number 1, the update from HikaShop 2.2.3 to 2.3.3 caused the issues documented. Please read 2 through 8 to see the steps I took to get my site back to working. I still didn't get the latest version of HikaShop installed by this point, but my site was working.
In bullet number 9, a Joomla update caused the same issues as in step number 1. I installed HikaShop 2.3.4 as suggested by you in step number 10. The issues were not fixed. I restored my site from backup.
At this point, I expect hands-on assistance from you. This has been going on for 5 weeks without a working solution from you. I've followed every direction you've given.
Maybe this is best to work on with private messages or directly with email?
Thanks,
Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.