- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 2
Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #264049
by jvstratum
Lots of abandoned carts due to bots was created by jvstratum
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
Hi,
I just deleted a huge amount of abandoned carts. I wondered why they were there. One one day there were more abandoned carts then visitors. I noticed that these carts had something in common. They all contained only one product and most of the time five abandoned carts were created within one minute.
I checked my server acces log and found out that bots were causing this. I've blocked the worst bot on server level. But there are still other bots doing the same every now and then.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening from within Hikashop?
Best regards,
Joep
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
Hi,
I just deleted a huge amount of abandoned carts. I wondered why they were there. One one day there were more abandoned carts then visitors. I noticed that these carts had something in common. They all contained only one product and most of the time five abandoned carts were created within one minute.
I checked my server acces log and found out that bots were causing this. I've blocked the worst bot on server level. But there are still other bots doing the same every now and then.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening from within Hikashop?
Best regards,
Joep
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by jvstratum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 months ago #264050
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hi,
We've added a patch on our end to avoid that. Download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.
We've added a patch on our end to avoid that. Download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jvstratum
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 months ago #264168
by jvstratum
Replied by jvstratum on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
I've downloaded and installed Hikahop (Buld 1703031610) again, but the problem is still there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 months ago #264169
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hi,
Please check that you right have the content
For your "add to cart" button.
That code is there to indicate to the bots to not follow the "add to cart" link.
Regards,
Please check that you right have the content
Code:
rel="nofollow"
That code is there to indicate to the bots to not follow the "add to cart" link.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 months ago #264340
by jvstratum
Replied by jvstratum on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
The rel="nofollow" is present, but bots were still adding products to the cart. I've added this line to my robots.txt:
Disallow: /*updatecart/add*
Problem solved.
Disallow: /*updatecart/add*
Problem solved.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 months ago #264345
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hi,
If the nofollow is in the links, then bots shouldn't trigger the links. If they do, it means that they didn't yet reindex the pages where these links are and don't know yet that the links are "nofollow".
A disallow is indeed a solution for you.
If the nofollow is in the links, then bots shouldn't trigger the links. If they do, it means that they didn't yet reindex the pages where these links are and don't know yet that the links are "nofollow".
A disallow is indeed a solution for you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #313582
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hello,
I have the same issue. How can I fix/block them?
Should I install this: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html
Thank you in advance.
Edit: I have install ReCaptcha but bit is still doing it work.
I have the same issue. How can I fix/block them?
Should I install this: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html
Thank you in advance.
Edit: I have install ReCaptcha but bit is still doing it work.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Giscard.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313585
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hi,
You should add a line:
in the robots.txt of your website.
Captcha won't help you with this.
You should add a line:
Code:
Disallow: /*updatecart/add*
Captcha won't help you with this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #318488
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hello and I hope that you are well,
For 5 months and after I add the line that you suggested bots couldnt recreate carts.
But now it seems that that they can do that, but in a smaller amount.
Is there something that I can do to prevent that from happening?
Thank you in advance.
For 5 months and after I add the line that you suggested bots couldnt recreate carts.
But now it seems that that they can do that, but in a smaller amount.
Is there something that I can do to prevent that from happening?
Thank you in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318504
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hi,
The robots.txt solution is only optional. Search engines can enforce it, but they can also ignore it.
A better version of this, is to add custom rules in your htaccess to deny bots access to these URLs.
stackoverflow.com/questions/10735766/blo...ectory-with-htaccess
Beware not to block access to all your website to google's crawler when you do. Your SEO ranking would drop badly with Google not being able to access the pages you want it to access.
The robots.txt solution is only optional. Search engines can enforce it, but they can also ignore it.
A better version of this, is to add custom rules in your htaccess to deny bots access to these URLs.
stackoverflow.com/questions/10735766/blo...ectory-with-htaccess
Beware not to block access to all your website to google's crawler when you do. Your SEO ranking would drop badly with Google not being able to access the pages you want it to access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giscard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318670
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Hello nicolas,
I will test that.
Thank you for helping me.
I will test that.
Thank you for helping me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 6
5 years 5 months ago #331580
by Jokingmind
Replied by Jokingmind on topic Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots
Just a quick note for those with multi-language site: remember to prefix the rule with the language:
Disallow: /it/*updatecart/add*
Disallow: /en/*updatecart/add*
Disallow: /fr/*updatecart/add*
This seems to work
Disallow: /it/*updatecart/add*
Disallow: /en/*updatecart/add*
Disallow: /fr/*updatecart/add*
This seems to work
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds