Skip to main content

Mandatory Product Field when ordering

More
8 years 9 months ago #284348 by sascha
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2

Hey,

I tried to find a solution online and in the forum, but couldn't find anything, maybe someone can help me out.

What I need is, that if the customer orders a specific product, he needs to fill out a field with a number before he can submit the order.
Is there a function like that?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #284355 by nicolas
Hi,

Sure, you can use either custom fields of the table "item" (on the product page) or custom fields of the table "order" (on the checkout) to do that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html
You can configure them via the menu Display>Custom fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #284426 by sascha
Hey,

Great, thank you for the answer. Works perfectly. I used the 'Order' way, since it is just mandatory for some products, not the whole catalog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #284496 by sascha
Hi Nicloas,
It works great so far. Just one more thing, is it possible, that beside a maximum length, I can set a minimum length for the field?
I'm using the field type 'text area' and would need the customer to put in a 17 digit combination of letters and numbers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #284500 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes, you can use the "Regular expression check" setting of the custom field to force that.
For example:
Code:
[a-zA-Z0-9]{17,}
www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum