- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Creating a category listing menu in sidebar
12 years 8 months ago #139101
by achobanov
Creating a category listing menu in sidebar was created by achobanov
-- url of the page with the problem -- :http://j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/produkti
-- HikaShop version -- :Hikashop starter 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome, latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
So I have read like 2 tutorials, watched a video clip and red some forum topics and still am not able to setup a vertical categories listing menu in my sidebar. The goals is a secondary menu to make navigation between categories easier and basically to act like breadcrumbs module. Maybe I am missing out on some important detail, but whatever I do, for almost 2 hours now, I do not see any menu whatsoever.
-- HikaShop version -- :Hikashop starter 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome, latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
So I have read like 2 tutorials, watched a video clip and red some forum topics and still am not able to setup a vertical categories listing menu in my sidebar. The goals is a secondary menu to make navigation between categories easier and basically to act like breadcrumbs module. Maybe I am missing out on some important detail, but whatever I do, for almost 2 hours now, I do not see any menu whatsoever.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139129
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Creating a category listing menu in sidebar
Hi,
There is nothing to do really for that. HikaShop already has such module preconfigured. You just have to enable it in the joomla modules manager. It's called "Categories on 1 level".
There is nothing to do really for that. HikaShop already has such module preconfigured. You just have to enable it in the joomla modules manager. It's called "Categories on 1 level".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139209
by achobanov
Replied by achobanov on topic Creating a category listing menu in sidebar
Ok, I got that working,but now I have problems with the links to the categories and with ".active" behavior of the module.
1)
j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/wtf
At this point, where I have my 6 main categories, I want it do display them only ( like category lvl 1 module ).
2)
j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/wtf/category/53-2-black
Here I have clicked on rainbow e2 black, and it looks okey, except the horizontal alignment of the subcategories, but that is easily fixable.
3)
j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/wtf/category/54-e2-blue
But when I click on rainbow e2 blue or whatever else I get the subcategories opened for both, currently selected category and for rainbow e2 black.
Basically, all I need from this module is to display the categories/subcategories, which are currently displayed on my page and to highlight the currently selected category/subcategory. It is much like the issue, discussed in this topic, but I couldn't make it work:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/47110-hi...category-module.html
Since the HTML syntax is structured with equal divs I am not sure how can I do this via CSS, so any help on that matter would be appreciated.
Also I am currently getting the following error, when I click on any of the module categories:
Error: 404 - Article not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Not sure why is it looking for articles, so any tips on how can I fix this?
Thanks
1)
j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/wtf
At this point, where I have my 6 main categories, I want it do display them only ( like category lvl 1 module ).
2)
j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/wtf/category/53-2-black
Here I have clicked on rainbow e2 black, and it looks okey, except the horizontal alignment of the subcategories, but that is easily fixable.
3)
j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/wtf/category/54-e2-blue
But when I click on rainbow e2 blue or whatever else I get the subcategories opened for both, currently selected category and for rainbow e2 black.
Basically, all I need from this module is to display the categories/subcategories, which are currently displayed on my page and to highlight the currently selected category/subcategory. It is much like the issue, discussed in this topic, but I couldn't make it work:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/47110-hi...category-module.html
Since the HTML syntax is structured with equal divs I am not sure how can I do this via CSS, so any help on that matter would be appreciated.
Also I am currently getting the following error, when I click on any of the module categories:
Error: 404 - Article not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Not sure why is it looking for articles, so any tips on how can I fix this?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139282
by achobanov
Replied by achobanov on topic Creating a category listing menu in sidebar
And by the way, something a bit off-topic, but I don't feel like opening a whole threat for it. How can I make a "my profile link", or "edit profile". I want to click it and to get a form where the user can fill up all the information he didn't fill in registration, like addresses, post code etc. The user control panel > addresses is kinda buggy. I can't edit the information and the new and delete buttons are not working. I would like a simple form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139435
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Creating a category listing menu in sidebar
Hi,
The given links returns 404 error, so I went to j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/produkti
On this page, I can't see the content when clicking on a category in the sidebar. It's requesting a log.
Actually some editions have been made to improve this categories listing module, this should be present in the next release of HikaShop. Thanks to wait for it.
Regarding the form, you will have to edit a view to customize as you want, it will require many changes and so a good php level.
Here is some documentation:
hikashop.com/support/153.html
The given links returns 404 error, so I went to j3rainbow.rainbowservice.bg/index.php/produkti
On this page, I can't see the content when clicking on a category in the sidebar. It's requesting a log.
Actually some editions have been made to improve this categories listing module, this should be present in the next release of HikaShop. Thanks to wait for it.
Regarding the form, you will have to edit a view to customize as you want, it will require many changes and so a good php level.
Here is some documentation:
hikashop.com/support/153.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds