- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 2
Display drop-down menu in product display
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #191416
by rodopemu
Display drop-down menu in product display was created by rodopemu
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
I have a page on a clients site that uses the HikaShop Product Display page type. This serves as their online store. They want a drop-down menu to be displayed for only certain products that have options for a same item. (IE .8, .5 and .3 mm pitch of product A). If I use the options fields in the product it allows similar functionality but users have to click through to another page to select the options, which is an un-necessary step. We need this to be a drop-down menu to select options ON the Product Display page, how can we accomplish this?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
I have a page on a clients site that uses the HikaShop Product Display page type. This serves as their online store. They want a drop-down menu to be displayed for only certain products that have options for a same item. (IE .8, .5 and .3 mm pitch of product A). If I use the options fields in the product it allows similar functionality but users have to click through to another page to select the options, which is an un-necessary step. We need this to be a drop-down menu to select options ON the Product Display page, how can we accomplish this?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by rodopemu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #191493
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Hello
You should probably use characteristics.We need this to be a drop-down menu to select options ON the Product Display page, how can we accomplish this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196077
by rodopemu
Replied by rodopemu on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Can you please explain how characteristics work to accomplish this. From my testing you still have to click through to an added page to add the characteristic through a drop down menu. Please note we use a product display page with all products 4x? up on the page, so we want to be able to select the characteristic/product option from that page and add to cart without having to add an extra step. If you need me to email you the url so you can see what I'm talking about I will do so. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196079
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Hi,
Product with characteristics in our demo website :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...with-characteristics
Documentation pages for the characteristics :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...eristic-listing.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...acteristic-form.html
Documentation on the product edition page (for the main products and his variants) :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...op-product-form.html
A tutorial which explains how create a color characteristic (and change how the characteristic is display in the product page) :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...isplay-by-color.html
Regards,
Product with characteristics in our demo website :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...with-characteristics
Documentation pages for the characteristics :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...eristic-listing.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...acteristic-form.html
Documentation on the product edition page (for the main products and his variants) :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...op-product-form.html
A tutorial which explains how create a color characteristic (and change how the characteristic is display in the product page) :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...isplay-by-color.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196555
by rodopemu
Replied by rodopemu on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Thanks for the answer, however, this solution still is not what I am looking for. I want the drop-down/select characteristic to be visible on the "Hikashop -> Product Listing" page that lists all products not just the actual "product page". Right now if I add a characteristic they still have to click through to the "product page" from the "Product Listing" of all products which is not what we want. Please advise, is this even possible with Hikashop? I can add custom code if need be.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196595
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Hi,
In that case, you can create a custom field of the table "item" and of the type "single dropdown" via the menu Display>Custom fields, and make sure that the "display custom item fields" option of your products listing menu is turned on. Then, you'll see the field on the products listing page.
In that case, you can create a custom field of the table "item" and of the type "single dropdown" via the menu Display>Custom fields, and make sure that the "display custom item fields" option of your products listing menu is turned on. Then, you'll see the field on the products listing page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodopemu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196734
by rodopemu
Replied by rodopemu on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Thanks, that works fine. Can you suggest a solution for this problem: because the drop down is only needed for one set of products which are within another category, I have to create a sub-category for the ones with the drop down then apply the custom field to that category. However, when displayed by "DIV" in the product listing the ones with a drop-down then display separately from their parent category.
I could solve this using Jquery by replacing them into the parent category and hiding the sub-category, however, I would prefer to do it with a Hikashop selection or in the back-end possibly with views. If there is no option for grouping sub-categories with their parent then which view would I edit if I have a "product listing" displayed by Type of Layout -> "DIV". I would basically check whether the category has sub-categories and if so add the sub-categories to the first level of the array that writes the DIV layout. Does this sound doable or should I stick with a jQuery hack?
Thanks.
I could solve this using Jquery by replacing them into the parent category and hiding the sub-category, however, I would prefer to do it with a Hikashop selection or in the back-end possibly with views. If there is no option for grouping sub-categories with their parent then which view would I edit if I have a "product listing" displayed by Type of Layout -> "DIV". I would basically check whether the category has sub-categories and if so add the sub-categories to the first level of the array that writes the DIV layout. Does this sound doable or should I stick with a jQuery hack?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196798
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Display drop-down menu in product display
Hi,
Everything can be possible through view edition
In you case the view to edit should be "product / listing_div" or "product / listing" directly.
Everything can be possible through view edition
In you case the view to edit should be "product / listing_div" or "product / listing" directly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds