- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
Canonical URLS /administrator/ issue in HIka 2.3.2
- Superpsychics
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 4 months ago #202691
by Superpsychics
Canonical URLS /administrator/ issue in HIka 2.3.2 was created by Superpsychics
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.34
Hey,
I am still using Hikashop 2.3.2 and made a lot of custom changes that will not update easily. I was wondering if there is an easy workaround to fix this issue with the canonical URLs including /administrator/. That was addressed in the 2.3.5 update:
The products URLs from the XML generated by the Google Products plugin with the backend trigger would contain /administrator/ in them if they were generated out of the canonical URL of the products
Is there a way I could manually fix this in 2.3.2 without updating Hikashop? Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.34
Hey,
I am still using Hikashop 2.3.2 and made a lot of custom changes that will not update easily. I was wondering if there is an easy workaround to fix this issue with the canonical URLs including /administrator/. That was addressed in the 2.3.5 update:
The products URLs from the XML generated by the Google Products plugin with the backend trigger would contain /administrator/ in them if they were generated out of the canonical URL of the products
Is there a way I could manually fix this in 2.3.2 without updating Hikashop? Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202701
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canonical URLS /administrator/ issue in HIka 2.3.2
Hi,
Yes, it's quite easy to change.
Change the line:
to:
in the file plugins/hikashop/google_products/google_products.php and that will add the fix.
Yes, it's quite easy to change.
Change the line:
Code:
$xml .= "\t".'<g:link><![CDATA[ '.hikashop_cleanURL($product->product_canonical).' ]]></g:link>'."\n";
Code:
$xml .= "\t".'<g:link><![CDATA[ '.str_replace('/administrator/','/',hikashop_cleanURL($product->product_canonical)).' ]]></g:link>'."\n";
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Superpsychics
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #202781
by Superpsychics
Replied by Superpsychics on topic Canonical URLS /administrator/ issue in HIka 2.3.2
Thank you Nicolas,
My main problem is with the product urls when I use canonical urls
As we discussed in the past:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...nu-links.html#189308
Canonical urls are behaving strangely on my live site. They tend to point my server address and not the relative address. meaning that /index.php... in the canonical URL in the products is not pointing to www.spinboom.com/index.php but to www.spinboom.com/SERVERNAME/index.php
You advised me to update back then but since I want to avoid updating, is there a way to fix that too?
My main problem is with the product urls when I use canonical urls
As we discussed in the past:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...nu-links.html#189308
Canonical urls are behaving strangely on my live site. They tend to point my server address and not the relative address. meaning that /index.php... in the canonical URL in the products is not pointing to www.spinboom.com/index.php but to www.spinboom.com/SERVERNAME/index.php
You advised me to update back then but since I want to avoid updating, is there a way to fix that too?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #202803
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canonical URLS /administrator/ issue in HIka 2.3.2
Updating would be best because the fixes done in that area are across several files and not just one or two lines.
But first check that the live_site setting of your configuration.php is correct on your website.
But first check that the live_site setting of your configuration.php is correct on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds