- Posts: 70
- Thank you received: 4
Checkout skips steps
13 years 1 month ago #120946
by intown
Checkout skips steps was created by intown
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
When I go through the checkout process now my "billing info" step is being skipped. After entering the email and shipping information I am taken to this page
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=1
and it shows the Raffle Terms rather than the Billing Info.
If I check the links by mousing over the progress bar, this is what I see
Shipping: (this is the first checkout page)
Billing: www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=1
Raffle Terms:
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=2
Purchase:
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=3
Success:
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=4
Any thoughts what could be happening?
Thanks! -- Steven
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
When I go through the checkout process now my "billing info" step is being skipped. After entering the email and shipping information I am taken to this page
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=1
and it shows the Raffle Terms rather than the Billing Info.
If I check the links by mousing over the progress bar, this is what I see
Shipping: (this is the first checkout page)
Billing: www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=1
Raffle Terms:
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=2
Purchase:
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=3
Success:
www.charitymobi.org/index.php?option=com...out&task=step&step=4
Any thoughts what could be happening?
Thanks! -- Steven
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120948
by intown
Replied by intown on topic Checkout skips steps
It is like the step numbers are getting confused and when that happens the customer is not taken to the payment page they are skipped directly to the success page.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121001
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Checkout skips steps
Hi,
I just tried on your website, it seems to be working fine, I am redirected to firstdata.
I just tried on your website, it seems to be working fine, I am redirected to firstdata.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121048
by intown
Replied by intown on topic Checkout skips steps
If you click on any of the steps in the progress bar then you are put on the correct path and can reach first data.
If you just use the next button in the lower right corner you skip over being directed to first data.
When you go through the checkout some step on is being directed to the terms and conditions (real step2) you can then click on billing and get the billing page but the URL stays the same and then the terrms page becomes step 2.
-- Steven
If you just use the next button in the lower right corner you skip over being directed to first data.
When you go through the checkout some step on is being directed to the terms and conditions (real step2) you can then click on billing and get the billing page but the URL stays the same and then the terrms page becomes step 2.
-- Steven
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121061
by intown
Replied by intown on topic Checkout skips steps
I have done a lot of testing and not sure what is going on but it seems that the 2nd step in the checkout process keeps getting skipped.
I can not figure out why. Any input is great. We are supposed to be going live with this today. It was working but now is not.
Thanks! -- Steven
I can not figure out why. Any input is great. We are supposed to be going live with this today. It was working but now is not.
Thanks! -- Steven
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121086
by intown
Replied by intown on topic Checkout skips steps
After a lot of testing I think I found one of the issues what the issue it.
Actually I am not really sure. it have been very challenging figuriing out what the problem is.
I think I have it working
I now have the 'Login' and 'Address' on the same step and I had to add in a Payment step even though their is only one payment method.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Thanks! -- Steven
Actually I am not really sure. it have been very challenging figuriing out what the problem is.
I think I have it working
I now have the 'Login' and 'Address' on the same step and I had to add in a Payment step even though their is only one payment method.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Thanks! -- Steven
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121182
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Checkout skips steps
Hi,
Yes that sound familiar, you must have the payment step, else it can be skipped.
In the checkout options, you can enable the option to auto select the payment method, and with some css hide the payment select part.
By this way you will have the same display as before for your checkout, but with the payment method taken in account.
Yes that sound familiar, you must have the payment step, else it can be skipped.
In the checkout options, you can enable the option to auto select the payment method, and with some css hide the payment select part.
By this way you will have the same display as before for your checkout, but with the payment method taken in account.
The following user(s) said Thank You: intown
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121249
by intown
Replied by intown on topic Checkout skips steps
Thanks so much for the reply and info. I now have a good understanding of the checkout process, which will be helpful for me in the future.
I posted a question specifically about the payment step being required. Nicholas provided the CSS to hide the payment step, it may help others
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/861538-i...checkout.html#121132
Would it be possible to make the Payment step required? or put up a warning when a checkout workflow is saved?
Thanks again! The checkout is working now
I posted a question specifically about the payment step being required. Nicholas provided the CSS to hide the payment step, it may help others
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/861538-i...checkout.html#121132
Would it be possible to make the Payment step required? or put up a warning when a checkout workflow is saved?
Thanks again! The checkout is working now
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121603
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Checkout skips steps
We can't make the payment step required as some times you don't want any payment on your checkout (for websites which are used as reservation/request a quote websites and not ecommerce websites for example).
The following user(s) said Thank You: intown
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121810
by intown
Replied by intown on topic Checkout skips steps
Makes sense and thanks for the info! -- Steven
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds