- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
Want a pop up "Check your cart"
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
One area I feel HS lets itself down in is the cart. Where's the nice little graphic and "Check your cart" with the number of products after it? I'm so used to seeing this, it's a pity that the cart options in HS don't include this. But maybe I'm the only one who likes this!
What I am trying to do is get away from the cart module displaying in the (currently) sidebar. As it gets more and more items added it gets really long. So I assigned it to a position called "cart". Then I made an article and used {loadposition cart}. Made a hidden menu item to that article. Lastly, I made a visible module called "Check your cart" and added text "Check cart". The link was to the hidden menu item, and I used JCE Mediabox to make a 300px x 300px popup. It popped up OK but was just full of PHP. Not what I expected.
Ideas on what I am doing wrong? Or a better way? Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There already are solutions for that for HikaShop, like for example this one:
www.smartaddons.com/joomla/extensions/co...kashop-joomla-module
Also, if you turn on the "mini cart" option of the HikaShop cart module, it will display as a text with the total/number of items and when you click on it, it will direct to the checkout which you can configure with a first step displaying the cart. So you don't even need to do anything if that's ok enough for you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
In other setups the products won't delete from the cart, it just hangs.
Is there another option? I really want to bin this one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.mtense.com/hikashop-mini-cart-with-popup-demo
Some templates for HikaShop also have such system, but I don't remember exactly which one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The "add to cart" popup is using the Joomla Squeeze box system ; which is based on mootools.
If your template does not handle that popup system, it is highly possible that you won't see it correctly and have some display issues.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Glad you like it. I implemented it on my site as well.trogladyte wrote: Yeah I dropped the 2nd option and used jPanel. Nifty! Love it. Just have to figure out how to active with a button - my coding is about zero!! LOL!
I've really tried not to do as very little changing of the code as possible. The more changes you make to the code, the harder it is to update the site when a new version comes out. Fortunately, HikaShop provides "overrides" for some of the pages, emails, language terms, and CSS so a new version will not break changes made there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe you would want to contact the jPanel support for that ?
There must be some pretty simple javascript to open the slider from an external button when the slider is loaded but I wouldn't be able to say what it is.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
In the onclick, look in your module list and fid the ID # of the module (mine happened to be 213) and replace ID#_of_jpanel_module with that #.
Unfortunately, if you use this method as opposed to the mouseover (which appears and hides automatically) then your cart stays open. So, I made a CustomHTML module, used EXACTLY the same code as I used to open it, but just changed the anchor text to "Close cart". When the cart is open you click that and it hides. The module appear in the slide-out window in the order they are in the module manager, so you can adjust whether your Close Cart is at the top or bottom.
This option works a treat. DO NOT use that Mini Cart option. Their support is almost non-existent and it does not work properly. I asked for support on 6/6/15 and still waiting. Asked for a refund 2-3 days ago and still waiting.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.