- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping Methods are not working - Urgent
Really need to fix this urgently.
This has been posted to the wrong category - can't seem to change it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please provide some information to give us the possibility to help you.
Like some information about your website, a link, a screenshot of some of your configuration (in the context of your problem, the Australia post shipping configuration will be useful).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.ecomad.com.au/shop-categories/produc.../category_pathway-23
If you order say 10 of these products and go through the checkout process only one of the manual shipping methods works which is "Pick Up" and that is fine but the Australia Post option has now gone completely.
I have not touched anything with the shop and received my last order which seemed to work ok about 2 weeks ago. Not no orders since that date have come in at all. Was only when I checked today that I notice the Australia Post option is not available. I have not touched Hika configurations during this time - just a little CSS. Not touched Australia Post.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It has to be something simple (I hope)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please check :
- that your products have right weight.
- that your products have right dimensions.
- that the shipping address is right in the Australian country (because you do not activate sea/air)
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why does sea and air need to be activated if post is only in Australia as its always been on our site? Address has not changed. Weights and dimensions haven't changed.
Would the last update have made a change as I have noticed that with a couple of updates over the last year, things have broken on my site and I have had to redo things - in particular the custom views.
Is there something else I should look at?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The AustraliaPost plugin last real modification was in August 2013.
The last modification is just something "cosmetic" to display a warning message if some fields are missing when you save the configuration. For the rest the plugin didn't changed since a very long time.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have had more orders come through and I have to know go and send them an individual invoice just for the shipping which I need to do from my main accounting system.
There must be something else that stops the Australia Post method from showing. What else should I check - no change made to many products so the weights and dimensions are all there. No change made to Australia Post plug-in - its still published as its always been and not changed in any way.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I asked on the forum awhile back how to stop showing the country field on the form that pops up during checkout for the customer to put in their address. I was told to disable it in the custom fields section. I wanted it to be a bit cleaner as we only deal with people from Australia so they don't need to select a country and no point having that field there.
I disabled some other custom fields as well as I don't want them to show. I hope its not affecting anything.
There should be an option to the fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have another problem. In the Australia Post module, I have an additional $5.00 charge for postage and handling. I have some text in the WYSIWYG and this text used to show on the front end - now it doesn't show. How to get this back?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the country field, you can just add that CSS:
Regarding the description of the shipping methods, I had it displayed on your website 2 days ago when I looked at it. So I don't know what you did since then but I guess reverting what you did would help. Are you sure that you didn't remove the text from the shipping method option ? Did you modify the file 'shipping' of the view "checkout" via the menu Display>Views in some way ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The temporary access to your back-end that you gave to Nicolas don't seems to be still available, can you activate it back or can you just send me a temporary access to your back-end ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Let me know if you make any changes as I need to replicate on the newer joomla 3 version on my test site and this is having the same issues.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Regarding your australia post description issue, you should probably remove the customization that you have made through the "shipping" file of the "checkout" view of your front-end template and test it again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am having the same issues with Hikashop and Australia Post not showing the text from the WYSIWYG on Joomla 3 so it won't be an issue with customization of the shipping file in the checkout view as I haven't made any customizations on the Joomla 3 site other than to product views - but get the same issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
All Good.
I have just done a test booking using the Australia Post package and my products.
Product weight: 0.32kg
Length: 51cm
Width: 51cm
Height: 11cm
I ordered 6 of the products.
The total shipping in Hikashop has come to $43.20 plus $5.00 handling charge.
I went to the Australia post website and checked on there putting in the same dimensions and weights and the total was $9.75. If Hika made the right calculation I would also add $5.00 on top of that for a total of $14.75.
So thats a huge difference between what Hika Australia Post calculator is doing compared to Australia Post website.
This is in the Joomla 3 version of my site as well as on the Joomla 2.5.
What is going wrong? See the images attached.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.