- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Free shipping for specific products only
11 years 2 months ago #206825
by N1G3L
Free shipping for specific products only was created by N1G3L
-- HikaShop version -- : 3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
I saw a similar post here: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/58125-fr...n-some-products.html but didn't seem to do what I was hoping for.
Basically I have a bunch of manual shipping options set up based on product weights. I also have a Free Shipping option which is used for "Virtual Products" (sidenote: is there some way to use Free Shipping on non-virtual products?)
But say a customer wants to purchase a virtual product as well as a product with a shipping cost. Then, on the checkout page there are radio buttons for "Free Shipping" and another radio button with a Shipping cost. I don't want the customer to have the option to choose Free Shipping when other items in the cart are not available for Free Shipping. Any idea of why this is happening? Much appreciated!
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
I saw a similar post here: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/58125-fr...n-some-products.html but didn't seem to do what I was hoping for.
Basically I have a bunch of manual shipping options set up based on product weights. I also have a Free Shipping option which is used for "Virtual Products" (sidenote: is there some way to use Free Shipping on non-virtual products?)
But say a customer wants to purchase a virtual product as well as a product with a shipping cost. Then, on the checkout page there are radio buttons for "Free Shipping" and another radio button with a Shipping cost. I don't want the customer to have the option to choose Free Shipping when other items in the cart are not available for Free Shipping. Any idea of why this is happening? Much appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #206843
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Free shipping for specific products only
Hi,
It's a problem with how you configured your shipping methods.
Normally, for virtual goods, you simply don't set any weight in the virtual goods products and set a weight in the other products, and make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting is turned off.
That way, you don't get any shipping selection for virtual goods (they are ignored for the shipping selection) and you don't even need a free shipping method for them.
It's a problem with how you configured your shipping methods.
Normally, for virtual goods, you simply don't set any weight in the virtual goods products and set a weight in the other products, and make sure that the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting is turned off.
That way, you don't get any shipping selection for virtual goods (they are ignored for the shipping selection) and you don't even need a free shipping method for them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #207164
by N1G3L
Replied by N1G3L on topic Free shipping for specific products only
Thanks! Got it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds