- Posts: 254
- Thank you received: 2
Create a mixed system of shipping?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
Our site sells mostly beeswax candles (lighter) and honey (heavier). I have seen sites that have a minimum flat rate shipping charge such as $7.95 and free ship over $150. (I already have the free ship at $150) Is there any way to go to a flat rate system with a surcharge if heavier items are added. Such as if someone orders candles (just fine for the flat rate) and they also order heavy jars of honey on the same order. Or a combination of ups and a flat rate. Maybe I would check something on the product page to let the system know if it is a flat rate or ups/usps item.
?? IDEA - Would it work it I put all candles at zero weight and added the $7.95 in as a minimum charge and left weight on the heavier items? Would the system work like this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you give me some example of how you exactly want it to work so that I can understand it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 - lighter things (candles) that would be shipped by charging the customer a flat fee such as $8.95.
2 - heavier items (such as honey) that would have to a ups or usps fee
Scenario 1 - a customer would order 10 candles and hikashop would add the $8.95 flat fee.
Scenario 2 - a customer would order 10 candles, and a 10lb jar of honey and hikashop would figure the ups/usps fee (maybe including the $8.95)
Or some system similar?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can create two warehouses via the menu System>Warehouses
Then, in your products, you can select one warehouse or the other.
And in your shipping methods, you can also select a warehouse so that the shipping method will be restricted to the products of that warehouse.
That way, you'll have one selection of shipping methods for each group of products on the checkout and the two shipping methods prices will be summed up so in your second scenario it would result in the ups/usps fee + the $8.95 fee.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 - Do I need to set up two warehouses (one for the flat rate and one for regular charge) Or is the one ok?
2 - If I only do the one flat rate (I called it beeswax) - can I leave every other product with no warehouse - or will everything need a wharehouse once I start using this system? (I have changed one product to the new warehouse for testing purposes.)
3 - Do I need to have two versions of usps plugin (&UPS) - with different settings for the different wharehouses?
4 - Or do I need a manual plugin - where do I add the minimum fee?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. Using 2 warehouses will do the job, note that you'll have to set 1 warehouse per product (flat rate warehouse or regular warehouse) and also have 2 shipping methods with different warehouses and rates.
2. That will depend if you want other product to use your shipping method too ? if you need them to work with that shipping method, they will need to be part of the same warehouse.
3. You'll just have to create 2 USPS / UPS shipping methods.
4. You'll have to use the "Price" option of your shipping services.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am having a problem with your comment:
"That way, you'll have one selection of shipping methods for each group of products on the checkout and the two shipping methods prices will be summed up so in your second scenario it would result in the ups/usps fee + the $8.95 fee. "
If I add a regular item to the checkout, I get two sets of shipping on the checkout - one for each one - How do I get them to combine?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I sell some stuff (A) which can be send in an envelope and i will charge 2 euro's
The other things ( B ) are to bulky so i have to pack a box. I will charge 8,95 for that.
Order just A and add 2 euro to the cart
Order just B and add 8,95 to the cart
A van be packed in B and both send for the amount of 8,95.
In other words the 2 euro will only be charged if no products are added of B
Can't get that working!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Then in that case, if you want to buy 2 product :We need to set it up so a customer can order from 2 different warehouses and the total charge gets added together and put one shipping statement (plugin or whatever)
- Product A which is in the warehouse A
- Product B which is in the warehouse B
2 shipping methods will be available for each warehouse :
- Shipping A which have the warehouse A as a restriction on the "Warehouse" option
- Shipping B which have the warehouse B as a restriction on the "Warehouse" option
Then both shipping method prices will combine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So the customer had to select
1 - a shipping charge from warehouse A
2 - a shipping charge from warehouse B
3 - and a payment
I want the customer only have to select
1 - the combined shipping from warehouse A & B
2 - payment
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
the customer had to select a shipping charge for each warehouse - rather than just one charge for his whole order. (the customer does not care which warehouse his order came from).
That's what we want, so that on your cart the total shipping price will be the price of your 2 shipping methods.
I want the customer only have to select
1 - the combined shipping from warehouse A & B
2 - payment
In that case you shouldn't use warehouses, you'll have to :
- Unset every warehouses from your product/shipping configuration page
- Go to your shipping method configuration page
- Use the "Use price per product" option of your shipping method configuration page
- Go to your product configuration page
- Set a shipping price / fee for your product through the "Shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is it possible to have a product in two warehouses - such as: If I order 1 product A it is in one warehouse, but if I order 3 product A's is comes from a different warehouse with an extra shipping charge.
So if someone orders 1 product A - they have a normal Flat Rate Charge, but if they order 20 product A's, there is a different charge.
I may be that I am going about this backwards - only make a separate warehouse for the fewer heavier products we have and allow more smaller heavier products to be sold flat rate.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes by using the "Use price per product" option that you can find through the "" tab of your shipping configuration page, even for your UPS shipping method, in the case of a shipping method different than "Manual" the price per product will be add by the price returned by the shipping platform.What do you mean by "Use the "Use price per product" option of your shipping method configuration page" - I do not see it on my UPS or USPS shipping plugin. Can every product have a different shipping charge?
No, warehouses are assigned to products regardless of their number.Is it possible to have a product in two warehouses - such as: If I order 1 product A it is in one warehouse, but if I order 3 product A's is comes from a different warehouse with an extra shipping charge.
That can be done without using warehouses, you'll only have to do it as I told you in my previous post by using the "Use price per product" option of your manual shipping methods.So if someone orders 1 product A - they have a normal Flat Rate Charge, but if they order 20 product A's, there is a different charge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
One question - attached is a screenshot of a checkout. Local Pickup seems to be the default for both shipping warehouses. Can I make something else default like ($8.95 Flat Rate for the top one) and (UPS Ground for the bottom one)
Just for info - I have the "local pickup: shipping set to no warehouse - is that ok? But I need it for both. - do I need 2 of them?
NICE PROGRAM - BY THE WAY
BILL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes, to do that you'll just have to change the ordering of your shipping methods via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods" to :One question - attached is a screenshot of a checkout. Local Pickup seems to be the default for both shipping warehouses. Can I make something else default like ($8.95 Flat Rate for the top one) and (UPS Ground for the bottom one)
1 - Flat Rate
2 - UPS
3 - Local Pickup
Also, if you didn't set any warehouse for the "Local Pickup" shipping method it will be available for both warehouses, which is what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The image above shows a checkout with two warehouses. The top part is a 12lb product with my Flat Rate Warehouse (A). It shows a UPS shipping of $21.16.
The shipping below is a similar 12lb product from by "heavier" warehouse (
Below is the same checkout but a different product (still about 12lb) from a different page but still in my "heavier" warehouse (
I must have some problem with this page: beeswaxcandleshop.com/Order-Beeswax-Cand...ith-15-discount.html - This is basically a copy of another page with a few modifications.
Below screenshots of the backend of the page:
I am baffled
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would the problem come from the dimensions or the weight of the product ? Or maybe of the variants of the product ? Trying editing them in the Variants tab when you edit the product in ordrer to check on that.
Or it comes from the options that are different maybe ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.