- Posts: 324
- Thank you received: 4
Struggling to configure CanadaPost
I've installed the CanadaPost plugin on my site, and I think I've done the config correctly, BUT I'm still getting "no shipping methods" on the frontend.
Are there any detailed instructions I can go through to double check this? The ones I found don't really tell me too much about which info from CanadaPost go where!
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I allow myself to send you the link of the specific documentation of Canada Post and a FAQ for this kind of case which allows you to check several configuration points (and not only in the shipping method).
Hope this will allow you to get the mis-configuration.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am particularly interested in which EXACT XXXXXX I should use for the API username? I've used my CanadaPost account username, but it's sort of hard to tell if that's the RIGHT XXXXXX?
I mean, thanks for the XXXXX, but without some more info, it's a TOUCH difficult to figure out exactly what should go there.
Some help translating that would be GREAT. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You need to sign up to CanadaPost's developer program:
www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/bu.../integrate-apis.page
That will give you access to the APIs of CanadaPost, including API Keys which will be available on the main developer program page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I was asking about the username? XXXXX is great as a placeholder, but it doesn't REALLY tell me which information from the CanadaPost developer platform I need to put there?
To be clear, I have that account. I need to know which information from there I need to use, and where to find it on the CanadaPost developer portal.
Thanks so much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your labels don't match the CanadaPost platform though, and since you've used XXXXX instead of an example, I can't figure out what I am supposed to put in each field.
So I need you to tell me what each one is called on the CanadaPost site. Not knowing that is like playing darts in the dark.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The Canda Post Advanced plugin is based on the Rest XML API :
CF : www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/info/mc/b...getrates/default.jsf
As explained in the documentation, the Authorization is based on "userid" and "password".
Which is for the sandbox (test) platform :
www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/info/mc/b...ntals.jsf#TestValues
API key 6e93d53968881714:0bfa9fcb9853d1f51ee57a
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Otherwise it's like saying you want a fruit, not telling anyone the fruit you want is a banana, and then forcing people to try a hundred different fruits because it's not asked for correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've tried to configure this again. Still can't get it to work. Can someone please login to my site and take a look? I don't think this should be so hard?
Thanks.
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First, in order to see the issue, please provide front-end credentials via the "contact us" form.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Also, provide here a screenshot of your Canada Post configuration (empty the credentials before the screenshot).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Used the name of this thread as the subject of the email.
Please advise ASAP.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but if I'm asking you a front-end access, it means that we must have a front-end access.
First : How could we tell if the plugin configuration is working if we can't access the front-end ?
Second : How can we be sure it's a config problem and not a testing problem ? Like a shipping country which is not supported by Canada Post ?
When you opened that thread you gave one single information :
That message is coming from HikaShop when there is no shipping method that it can use for the order.I'm still getting "no shipping methods" on the frontend
And the canada post cannot be displayed if :
- There is no user authenticated
- There is no shipping address
- There is no "curl" module available in your web-server
- The currency CAD is not available in your store
- There is no weight for the shipping package
These are the first rules before the plugin is trying to contact the Canada Post API Services to get the rates.
So please provides details regarding your tests and configuration so we can perform a first analysis in order to go in the right direction.
Please help us to help you.
Regards,
PS : The backend credentials you sent are not working.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It was my understanding that with BACKEND access you could also access the FRONTEND. I guess I've been labouring under a misillusion for the fifteen years I've been using Joomla... I suppose I was imagining things the many tens of thousands of times I've done that?
Which email address can I resend credentials to? The contact form route seems somewhat unsecure? I might have mistyped something.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We replied to your contact form submission so you can send us the details via email.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I didn't get any reply, and I also didn't get any push notifications from you about this post.
I will create a new super user account and send it via the contact form again.
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please check your spam box and your email provider settings.
The new credentials are working and confirms the previously mentioned points.
You only have 3 products in your store with a weight.And the canada post cannot be displayed if :
- There is no user authenticated
- There is no shipping address
- There is no "curl" module available in your web-server
- The currency CAD is not available in your store
- There is no weight for the shipping package
And these products do not have dimensions.
While you can enable or disable the setting "Use dimensions" ; the need of the weight is mandatory for Canada Post API.
The plugin must have a weight in order to give you a quote on the shipping price.
It's best if you also provide dimensions of products to let the API provides better quotes.
I configured you a "mass action" to display the list of products with a weight.
With a product with weight and a correct address (CA country and a valid Postcode), we can see an error in the HikaShop Payment log :
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And the Hikashop system uses the correct Canadian postal code format as: A1A 1A1
That is: letter number letter SPACE number letter number?
Just checking, because some of the other components I've used from here in the past don't have that formatted correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Postcode format is "ANANAN". the spaces are removed by the plugin to be compatible with the API.
And no, not only the weight is requited.
As I wrote in my message you have wrong credentials in the plugin and you must read the Canda Post documentation I gave you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I feel like I've asked that already.... Maybe it's time to improve your documentation a bit? It's quite crap.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.