- Posts: 208
- Thank you received: 10
Plugins are confusing me
12 years 7 months ago #145821
by simmiepam
Plugins are confusing me was created by simmiepam
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
The payment plugins for applying points for a payment or earning points for a purchase is confusing me.
There are 2 plugins:
HikaShop User Points payment plugin
Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Which one should I be using and for what?
What do each do that the other doesn't do?
I have set up the HikaShop User Points payment plugin to allow customers to PAY using points. But nowhere on the plugin page is an option for me to tell the system how many points they EARN for a purchase.
I find those fields on the Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Sooo.... am I to create another payment option for Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin and fill in the POINTS EARNING (Rate) field with the number of points I want customers to earn after the purchase?
Or is there a place on the HikaShop User Points payment plugin that I'm supposed to do that?
Pam
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
The payment plugins for applying points for a payment or earning points for a purchase is confusing me.
There are 2 plugins:
HikaShop User Points payment plugin
Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Which one should I be using and for what?
What do each do that the other doesn't do?
I have set up the HikaShop User Points payment plugin to allow customers to PAY using points. But nowhere on the plugin page is an option for me to tell the system how many points they EARN for a purchase.
I find those fields on the Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Sooo.... am I to create another payment option for Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin and fill in the POINTS EARNING (Rate) field with the number of points I want customers to earn after the purchase?
Or is there a place on the HikaShop User Points payment plugin that I'm supposed to do that?
Pam
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #145834
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Plugins are confusing me
Hi,
You'll probably find your answer through that thread :
You'll probably find your answer through that thread :
They are both payment plugins, but the difference is that Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin is the old one (deprecated now) so you'll have to use the HikaShop User Points payment plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145941
by simmiepam
Replied by simmiepam on topic Plugins are confusing me
Yes, thank you....but I had another question to answer:
I have set up the HikaShop User Points payment plugin to allow customers to PAY using points. But nowhere on the plugin page is an option for me to tell the system how many points they EARN for a purchase.
I find those fields on the Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Sooo.... am I to create another payment option for Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin and fill in the POINTS EARNING (Rate) field with the number of points I want customers to earn after the purchase?
Or is there a place on the HikaShop User Points payment plugin that I'm supposed to do that?
I have set up the HikaShop User Points payment plugin to allow customers to PAY using points. But nowhere on the plugin page is an option for me to tell the system how many points they EARN for a purchase.
I find those fields on the Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Sooo.... am I to create another payment option for Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin and fill in the POINTS EARNING (Rate) field with the number of points I want customers to earn after the purchase?
Or is there a place on the HikaShop User Points payment plugin that I'm supposed to do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145946
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Plugins are confusing me
Hi,
The user points system is based on two plugins.
One for the payment and the other for the "gain" of points.
So you have to configure the second plugin for the "gain" of points.
This plugin is the plugin "HikaShop User Points", in the "System > Plugins" section.
Regards,
The user points system is based on two plugins.
One for the payment and the other for the "gain" of points.
So you have to configure the second plugin for the "gain" of points.
This plugin is the plugin "HikaShop User Points", in the "System > Plugins" section.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145949
by simmiepam
Replied by simmiepam on topic Plugins are confusing me
Fantastic
Now, how soon after an order is placed will those points automatically show up in Alphauserpoints account?
Or do I have to manually do something for that to happen?
Pam
Now, how soon after an order is placed will those points automatically show up in Alphauserpoints account?
Or do I have to manually do something for that to happen?
Pam
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145970
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Plugins are confusing me
Hi,
I know that you already have the answer in another of your threads but I will answer it too.
The points will be gain when the order will be confirmed. It depends on the HikaShop option "invoice order statuses".
When the order is in a "confirmed" status, the customer will have his points and if the order status re-change to a no-confirmed status, he can "loose" his points (depending your plugin configuration).
The payment plugins generally confirme the orders when the customer pay but if you are in test mode, you will have to manually change the order status in the backend.
Regards,
I know that you already have the answer in another of your threads but I will answer it too.
The points will be gain when the order will be confirmed. It depends on the HikaShop option "invoice order statuses".
When the order is in a "confirmed" status, the customer will have his points and if the order status re-change to a no-confirmed status, he can "loose" his points (depending your plugin configuration).
The payment plugins generally confirme the orders when the customer pay but if you are in test mode, you will have to manually change the order status in the backend.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145972
by simmiepam
Replied by simmiepam on topic Plugins are confusing me
Yes, i was in test mode....so it didn't confirm.
But now that I know that, I'll test it outside of the test mode to see how it works.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for helping on that!
But now that I know that, I'll test it outside of the test mode to see how it works.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for helping on that!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145975
by simmiepam
Replied by simmiepam on topic Plugins are confusing me
Last question (I hope)....
I just did a REAL order and it went through to Authorize.net
Now, how long before Authorize kicks back the confirmation so that the order status changes from created to confirmed and Alphausepoints applies the points?
Pam
I just did a REAL order and it went through to Authorize.net
Now, how long before Authorize kicks back the confirmation so that the order status changes from created to confirmed and Alphausepoints applies the points?
Pam
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145993
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Plugins are confusing me
That should be almost instantaneous if your have the "instant capture" and "allow notifications from authorize.net" options of the plugin turned on, that you have your authorize.net account configured to capture the payments automatically, and that the payment notifications are sent to HikaShop properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds