- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
No payment method with free products
- quantexcasper123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 5 months ago #198376
by quantexcasper123
No payment method with free products was created by quantexcasper123
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
Dear HIkashop,
I have an free product my customer can order.
But when you go to checkout at payment page, no payment is shown when ordering just the free product.
I tried creating a payment method with restrictions (€ 0,-) but with no succes.
It seems logical that you dont see a payment method ordering a free product, maar i dont want my customers to see an
empty page with a continue button. I would like to have a sentence like: no payment needed.
I could use a custom field to explain this to the customer, but the custom field is already taken for other purposses at checkout. And as far
as i know, you can only use 1 custom field at checkout.
When I set the free product to 1 euro (as a test), it work fine.
I tried this page, www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
But that seems to be alright.
Can you help me out?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
Dear HIkashop,
I have an free product my customer can order.
But when you go to checkout at payment page, no payment is shown when ordering just the free product.
I tried creating a payment method with restrictions (€ 0,-) but with no succes.
It seems logical that you dont see a payment method ordering a free product, maar i dont want my customers to see an
empty page with a continue button. I would like to have a sentence like: no payment needed.
I could use a custom field to explain this to the customer, but the custom field is already taken for other purposses at checkout. And as far
as i know, you can only use 1 custom field at checkout.
When I set the free product to 1 euro (as a test), it work fine.
I tried this page, www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
But that seems to be alright.
Can you help me out?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198384
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic No payment method with free products
Hi,
When the order total is "0" ; there is no need of payment method, because there is nothing to pay.
Regards,
When the order total is "0" ; there is no need of payment method, because there is nothing to pay.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quantexcasper123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #198506
by quantexcasper123
Replied by quantexcasper123 on topic No payment method with free products
Hi Jerome,
I know, thats why i said:
It seems logical that you dont see a payment method ordering a free product, maar i dont want my customers to see an
empty page with a continue button. I would like to have a sentence like: no payment needed.
I dont understand why there cant be a payment method: no payment needed
Thanks
I know, thats why i said:
It seems logical that you dont see a payment method ordering a free product, maar i dont want my customers to see an
empty page with a continue button. I would like to have a sentence like: no payment needed.
I dont understand why there cant be a payment method: no payment needed
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by quantexcasper123.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198511
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic No payment method with free products
Hi,
If you want to add that text ; you can create a view override for the view "checkout | payment" and replace at the end of the file
Into
And create a translation override for the key "NO_PAYMENT_NEEDED".
You can if you want, display the text in a span or in a div ; if you want to customize the display to have a better look.
Regards,
If you want to add that text ; you can create a view override for the view "checkout | payment" and replace at the end of the file
Code:
</fieldset>
</div>
<?php
}
}
Code:
</fieldset>
</div>
<?php
}
} else {
echo JText::_('NO_PAYMENT_NEEDED');
}
You can if you want, display the text in a span or in a div ; if you want to customize the display to have a better look.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantexcasper123
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quantexcasper123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #198822
by quantexcasper123
Replied by quantexcasper123 on topic No payment method with free products
Dear Jerome,
Thanks for you reply.
[strike]But your solution will always show the text at the payment page?
We sell more products, and just 1 is free. So it has to be dynamic.
The text should be shown only if a customer orders a free products, not all the time[/strike]
I tried your solution, and it works like charm!!
Many thanks!
Thanks in advance
Thanks for you reply.
[strike]But your solution will always show the text at the payment page?
We sell more products, and just 1 is free. So it has to be dynamic.
The text should be shown only if a customer orders a free products, not all the time[/strike]
I tried your solution, and it works like charm!!
Many thanks!
Thanks in advance
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by quantexcasper123.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198856
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic No payment method with free products
Hi,
You're welcome !
Regards,
You're welcome !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds