- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Manufacturer product display not working
I have a really odd thing happening to my manufacturers menu > products display, after upgrading from free to business.
It all worked fine in starter, so if you clicked a manufacturer in the left menu it displayed all the products in the main component by that manufacturer. But after the upgrade to Business it just list does a category list page instead. I have tried scrapping the Manuf menu and creating from scratch but I can not get the same result as I did in starter.
I tried to repeat the process in starter and it works fine, so I can only guess this is an issue or bug with business, or something new in business that I am missing.
This is a dev site, I can send you links privately if you like. I have attached 2 screen shots, bot of which are reached by clicking Apex in the manuf menu. 1 is in starter, 2 is in business.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you do a screenshot of the hikashop options of your apex menu ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
They do look different, but thats the odd thing. I literally have taken a duplicate of the site and updated it to business version. No other changes have been made at all.
I can send you log details if you like. I can roll back to standard version and then you can updated to business and see what I mean.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try with another browser to save the options of the menu ?
If that doesn't solve the problem, could you look at whether you have error messages in the javascript error console of your browser ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are no js errors front or back end. I have run the site js off and it still does the same thing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I create a new hike module, assign to left position, change hika options to manufacturer, list, 1 col etc, save, and it seems to create multiple associated modules (screenshot1) on each save.
I get the menu ok (screenshot2), but when clicked it takes me to a weird semi version of the homepage.(ss3)
Sorry, maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I don't think so. I wouldn't have thought anything like this should happen just from upgrading the install.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's just a matter of setting up the module as explained in the documentation. There is no reason it wouldn't work. From what I can see of your screenshots, the "menu" option of your module is not configured properly with a category listing menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why would having 'menu' set to 'dive shop' not work in "business" yet it works ok in "starter" ?
I only ask because I would prefer to keep the breadcrumbs as home > dive shop > apex etc, rather than home > manufacturers > apex, as it is on my 'starter' install. Or at least have the choice, or at very least understand why I can't do this in 'business'.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Many thanks Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We change lots of things in each new version. there must have been something allowing that previously which is not the case anymore in the latest version.
But normally, you should have a manufacturer OR a products listing menu as menu of a manufacturer module.
It's not logical to have a categories listing menu there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Anyway, moving on.. so I am now posed with this problem then, which wasn't there before. If you go to the site and click dive shop, the categories are on the left side, you click one and you get the products listing from within that category, and as I have 'dive shop' selected as the menu, the top navigation link "dive shop" is selected still, makes sense as we are still in the 'dive shop', but if you click a manufacturer from the left module, the "dive shop' nav is no longer highlighted, I guess as its not forcing that menu any more because "manufacturer" is selected as the menu.
Any thoughts how to fix this, and as I was saying before, I really don't want to have "manufacturer " in the breadcrumb, as I don't want a Manufacturer list page, I only want access to the manufacturers via the left menu.
Many thanks, for all this, I know we'll get there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want to change the behavior to be the same as others for that edge case, you will have to change the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks very much.
Can I edit that through the display/views panel in Hika, I can't seem to find it, or only directly ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.