- Posts: 126
- Thank you received: 0
How to remove needless links from Xmap?
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #167874
by neviqimka
How to remove needless links from Xmap? was created by neviqimka
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
It's some duplicate pages, for example:
site.com/hikashop/component_category/my_category.html and it's copy of
site.com/hikashop/my_category.html
or
site.com/hikashop/main_category/component_category/my_subcategory.html this page have one module with product of subcategory, but it's part of
site.com/hikashop/my_category.html where I have on one page all modules with all sub categories of main category
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
It's some duplicate pages, for example:
site.com/hikashop/component_category/my_category.html and it's copy of
site.com/hikashop/my_category.html
or
site.com/hikashop/main_category/component_category/my_subcategory.html this page have one module with product of subcategory, but it's part of
site.com/hikashop/my_category.html where I have on one page all modules with all sub categories of main category
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167883
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
Hi,
You seem to have a specific case, the solution will potentially to edit the xmap plugin or create a new plugin based on a xmap trigger.
It require PHP knowledges.
You seem to have a specific case, the solution will potentially to edit the xmap plugin or create a new plugin based on a xmap trigger.
It require PHP knowledges.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #167978
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
I think all these problems have appeared because HikaShop does not give remove "Category SEF name", as a result I have duplicate links of categories 
site.com/hikashop/category/my_category.html and site.com/hikashop/my_category.html
I created right code for robots.txt for exclude all links which have /category/?
site.com/hikashop/category/my_category.html and site.com/hikashop/my_category.html
I created right code for robots.txt for exclude all links which have /category/?
Code:
Disallow: */category/*
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168021
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
Hi,
I see that you set the "force canonical URLs on listings" option to use/generate the canonical URL. This means that you should already have a canonical URL in your categories/products and this same URL should always be used by the xmap plugin. So I don't see how that's possible unless you're using an old version of the xmap plugin which didn't support the canonical URL.
So I would first recommend to check that you have the latest version of the xmap plugin of HikaShop (download it on our website and install it on yours and see if that helps).
I see that you set the "force canonical URLs on listings" option to use/generate the canonical URL. This means that you should already have a canonical URL in your categories/products and this same URL should always be used by the xmap plugin. So I don't see how that's possible unless you're using an old version of the xmap plugin which didn't support the canonical URL.
So I would first recommend to check that you have the latest version of the xmap plugin of HikaShop (download it on our website and install it on yours and see if that helps).
The following user(s) said Thank You: neviqimka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168180
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
Thank you, all problems was resolved with help canonical URLs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168579
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
I have a problem with indexed site by search engines, for example I have link site.com/hikashop/category/product.html
but Google indexed product pages without "/category/" this link looks like site.com/hikashop/product.html which is not in sitemap :blink:
but Google indexed product pages without "/category/" this link looks like site.com/hikashop/product.html which is not in sitemap :blink:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168629
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
Hi,
I am sorry but we are not expert on Google indexation.
Would it be possible to have a link to your website ? (you can send it by private message if you want to keep it private).
We could check your website and your sitemap, but I am not sure that we will find something ; it's not our domain of expertise.
Regards,
I am sorry but we are not expert on Google indexation.
Would it be possible to have a link to your website ? (you can send it by private message if you want to keep it private).
We could check your website and your sitemap, but I am not sure that we will find something ; it's not our domain of expertise.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #168724
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
Sure, this is URL of my site map: basilurcaj.com/index.php?option=com_xmap&view=xml&tmpl=component&id=1
And for example - I have URL of product page: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-list-cejlona/crni-caj-uva-70259.html but google indexing other URLs - without category: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/crni-caj-uva-70259.html
And for example - I have URL of product page: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-list-cejlona/crni-caj-uva-70259.html but google indexing other URLs - without category: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/crni-caj-uva-70259.html
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #169412
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
Also in Google index I found strange URL-s which like this basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cid-5.html where "cid-5" is ID of product :blink:
And basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-kolekcija-knjiga/type-rss.feed it's empty page with message "Product not found" :dry:
P.S. How do I disable indexing all site links except Xmap links - links in site map?
And basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-kolekcija-knjiga/type-rss.feed it's empty page with message "Product not found" :dry:
P.S. How do I disable indexing all site links except Xmap links - links in site map?
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 weeks ago #169449
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
I could be old URLs that google still has indexed. And Google doesn't provide any way to exclude URLs except with the robots.txt file (
www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html
) which doesn't allow you to just say not index URLs not in the site map.
In any case, as long as you provide a canonical URL in your products, Google will use that URL as the main one of your products ( it might take some time until the products get indexed again and that Google sees the canonical URL).
In any case, as long as you provide a canonical URL in your products, Google will use that URL as the main one of your products ( it might take some time until the products get indexed again and that Google sees the canonical URL).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #169666
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic How to remove needless links from Xmap?
I'm Sorry it's a different theme, I open the new theme here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8707...al-url-s.html#169751
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds