SJ Mini Cart Pro - See character as other product
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.0
Dear People,
I have downloaded SJ Mini Cart Pro and installed. Now when I active the module he says when I choice product with character choice that this is a second product.
Hope someone have the solution. many thanks for your time!
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have only choose 555 methol Charac: 5ml with 3 mg Nicotine.
I get in the cart 2 products. But is 1 product with characters
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's something which needs to be fixed in the SJ mini cart pro module.
So please contact them. They just need to add a check in order to skip the display of products with a quantity of 0 when displaying the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your mesage. I have create a ticket for them. I hope i get fast response. After reply i will answer the answer overhere. Thanks for your time
Kind regards,
William
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am indeed. Looking forward to see you there if you can make it !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No idea, sorry.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
same issue on my website.
I also purchased SJ Mini Cart Pro and without any customization it shows the result attached.
In case a product does have characteristics the product will be displayed twice:
- One with a quantity of 0
- Another one with the chosen quantity but with characteristics in the product description mentioned 3 times
The support is poor. Their forum is nearly unsupported. You can raise a ticket and most times you don´t get a reply and if you get one the only answer is "please provide your admin details". Some admins may have their problems in providing their account (me as well).
Also the link to the pictures is not working (although located in the default folder) and the prices are displayed without tax. At least for the last issue you can find a solution in the forum.
The module itself is simple and quite good. But it does not work.
I would expect that Hikashop comes with such a feature in the basic configartion or as a separate module that can be purchased.
I also would ask you not to promote this module (it´s mentioned in the integration list as part of your documentation) as long as it does not work in the standard configuration and the service is that poor as described by many users.
Maybe someone in this forum can give some answers to the issues above.
I really appreciate all hints!
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- If you click on a products' link in the mini cart or on its' picture it leads you to nowhere as the a "0" will be attached to the link of the product automatically
- On all product listing pages the mouse over event does not work. So if the user moves the mouse to the mini cart it does not slide in.
Very poor situation in case the only checkout button is located in the slide in section of the mini cart...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We've contacted SmartAddons, the developer of that module, so that hopefully these issues can be addressed. We're also hoping that the situation can be improved.
Alternatives exist to this extension in order to display a slide in cart. For example this one:
www.mtense.com/hikashop-mini-cart-with-slider-demo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
thanks for your intervention. I also hope that this could be solved somehow because the Mini Cart itself seems to be a good option and it´s comfortable to customize.
I found out today that the characteristics will not be displayed in the Mini Cart three times in case the Hikashop option "Append characteristics value to the product name" is turned off (see attachment). But the rest of the errors retain.
I also tried the mtense extension. This module does not seem to be developed any longer. See this post from Aaron dated September 2014:
******************************
Aaron Monday, 22 September 2014
Unfortunately, I am very behind on the latest versions. I had hoped they would add this functionality into the product. Anyway, I will be upgrading this fall. I will add comments here when I have a version that works with the latest version. Cheers.
******************************
The mtense extension also causes an error during the installation (see attachment). So it seems right now there is nothing really working available for Hikashop.
Anyway I really would appreciate if you would integrate such a Mini Cart option in the Hikashop configuration or as a separate module to be purchased as an option. I guess you are one of the developers that take their job more serious than others.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe the contact we had there doesn't work there. I've send a tweet to them. Their account is active. Hopefully, someone there will see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
One more reason you should think about to add such a module to Hika by default
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the downloadfolder there are two different files:
mod_sj_mini_cart_pro_for_hikashop_j3x-res_v1.0.0
and
mod_sj_hk_minicart_pro_j3x_v1.0.1
Although the second file is not titled "for hikashop" you need to use this file to get rid of the error that products with characteristics will be displayed twice. There have been some changes made in the file helper.php.
Simple issue but I guess many users will have the same problem as no one expects that the second file will be the right one to install for hikashop due to the missing naming.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Note that a few lines of code and some setup will allow you to achieve such cart slider button. Here is an article with some tips on how to do it:
www.virgowebdesign.com/blog/entry/5-awes...hop-e-commerce-store
We're thinking into adding such capability to the cart module once we'll have finished with the refactoring of the cart system in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm curious about the status of the cart of HikaShop. Anny progress to create this feature into Hikashop?
Kind regards,
William
Kind regards,
William van Veen
Wveen.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It didn't change since 2 months ago.
It's something we want to add in the future once we'll have refactored the cart system (we're currently working on that). So it's still a few months ahead from now at least.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.