- Posts: 128
- Thank you received: 3
Registration field problems
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
I'm having a couple different problems with my registration fields. The first is I have a few different fields that are set as Display Limited To my State field, which is a zone type field. When I set this there is no option for me to select the value for which they display. Example, I need some custom text to display if someone selects New York on the state field, but I can't select New York as the option in the back end. The second problem I'm having may be related with my server, but I'm not sure. I have image fields in my form and when someone uploads them when registering I get a notice saying the file could not be moved from one folder to the safe folder set in the Hikashop configuration. I've looked in the files on the server and they have moved even though I get the error. I've attached a screenshot of the notices. Any ideas on this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1.
The state field displays based on the country field selection on the registration/address form. When you are in the backend, with the "display limited to" setting, there is no country field so the state field cannot work properly.
Add the code:
But here, we're at the limits of the system, so I would recommend to seek for an alternative, like always display the input text. It's safer for future maintenance of your website.
2.
Maybe the files are created but empty ?
If you download them via FTP, can you open them ?
Usually, these issues come from a permission issue. So check the permissions of that safe folder so that it is writable by the apache user.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't think that the htaccess is linked to that.
Just in case, can you set the permissions of the safe directory to 777 and try again ?
HikaShop is using the Joomla library to copy the file over to the safe directory and if the permissions of the file cannot be changed by the Joomla library after the copy, it will fail like this. That the only I see where the file is copied to the safe folder but it results in a failure.
If it's still doesn't work with the 777 access rights on the folder, then I would recommend to add the line:
$ret = true; after the line:
JLog::add(JText::_('JLIB_FILESYSTEM_ERROR_WARNFS_ERR01'), JLog::WARNING, 'jerror');
in the file libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried all this and I'm still getting the exact same errors and warnings. What can be causing this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
do you have the FTP layer of Joomla activated in the Joomla configuration ? If so could you deactivate it and try again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok, let's try something else.
Remove the code:
That will remove the error when Joomla says that the file cannot be uploaded (even though it seems to be uploaded in the folder).
Hopefully, that should be enough to circumvent the issue with your folder permissions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The upload limit is defined in the php.ini file of your web server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, in that case, a random number is appended to the new file's name so that you don't loose the first one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I thought I had this warning for the file move issue solved. I was doing some final checks on my site and registered a user. I got the warnings as showed in the screenshot above, but not the errors. I have commented out the lines in the file that you stated above and the upload/safe folder permissions are set to 777. The image is in the safe folder and can be viewed and downloaded. Why am I still get these errors and what else can I do? very frustrated with this. thanks for the help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The warning comes from Joomla. And you didn't get it anymore because you had made that change:
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8819...problems.html#228587
I suppose that you must have updated Joomla, and thus you lost your change in the Joomla file and thus you get that error again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- changing safe folder permissions
- adding $ret = true; after the line: JLog::add(JText::_('JLIB_FILESYSTEM_ERROR_WARNFS_ERR01'), JLog::WARNING, 'jerror'); in the file libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php
- commenting out the lines $app->enqueueMessage(JText::sprintf( 'FAIL_UPLOAD',$file,$uploadPath . $file_path), 'error'); return false; in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/class/file.php
- I do not have ftp layer on
- add a trailing slash to my temp folder in the system settings. did this after doing some research and someone said this solved their problem
Please log in or register to see it.
The registration is here . I'm really at a loss here and feel like ripping my hair out
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said, this message comes from Joomla, not HikaShop.
You'll get it if the folder of the upload directory is not writable or if PHP is not able to move the file from the tmp folder to that folder.
If it's just the message that's bothering you, and that you think that your permissions are setup properly and that the rest is working properly, then remove the line:
JLog::add(JText::_('JLIB_FILESYSTEM_ERROR_WARNFS_ERR02'), JLog::WARNING, 'jerror');
in libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php and that will remove it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.