- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
remarketing id tag not working
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 9 months ago #283934
by jouwnaambord.nl
remarketing id tag not working was created by jouwnaambord.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
Hi,
I'm trying to get the remarketing for google adwords to work in Hikashop using the latest google gtag.js in the header , but can't get it working. I installed a tag assistent on my chrome browser and see the messages as in the screenshot. It looks like the remarketingscript isn't working, as the ID is malformed, the products not valid and the CDATA is missing. The code does appear on the pagesource before the /body tag as it should.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
Hi,
I'm trying to get the remarketing for google adwords to work in Hikashop using the latest google gtag.js in the header , but can't get it working. I installed a tag assistent on my chrome browser and see the messages as in the screenshot. It looks like the remarketingscript isn't working, as the ID is malformed, the products not valid and the CDATA is missing. The code does appear on the pagesource before the /body tag as it should.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #283937
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic remarketing id tag not working
Hi,
Did you enable and configured the remarketing plugin installed with HikaShop via the Joomla plugins manager ?
I'm not sure what you're trying to do with remarketing but the plugin already does the basics.
Did you enable and configured the remarketing plugin installed with HikaShop via the Joomla plugins manager ?
I'm not sure what you're trying to do with remarketing but the plugin already does the basics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
8 years 9 months ago #283970
by jouwnaambord.nl
Replied by jouwnaambord.nl on topic remarketing id tag not working
Hi Nicolas,
Yes I did and the hikacode is on the page but google can't read/recognize it, as you can see in the screenshot I attached. I want to use it for adwords remarketing. If you go f.e. to jouwnaambord.nl/la-pierre-collectie/85-x-85-smal , you can check the errors with the google tag assistent plugin.
Yes I did and the hikacode is on the page but google can't read/recognize it, as you can see in the screenshot I attached. I want to use it for adwords remarketing. If you go f.e. to jouwnaambord.nl/la-pierre-collectie/85-x-85-smal , you can check the errors with the google tag assistent plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
8 years 9 months ago #284002
by jouwnaambord.nl
Replied by jouwnaambord.nl on topic remarketing id tag not working
Another strange thing is that it looks like the remarketingcode isn't visible on every productpage. For example :
jouwnaambord.nl/naambord-messing
or
jouwnaambord.nl/houten-naambord/naambord-ovaal-hout
aren't showing the code at all.
jouwnaambord.nl/naambord-messing
or
jouwnaambord.nl/houten-naambord/naambord-ovaal-hout
aren't showing the code at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #284016
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic remarketing id tag not working
Hi,
The only reason I could think of is that the 'access level' setting of these product doesn't have all the user groups selected.
Or you entered the name of a custom product field in the setting "Column name for ecomm_prodid" of the plugin but you didn't enter a value for this field in these products.
The only reason I could think of is that the 'access level' setting of these product doesn't have all the user groups selected.
Or you entered the name of a custom product field in the setting "Column name for ecomm_prodid" of the plugin but you didn't enter a value for this field in these products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
8 years 9 months ago #284050
by jouwnaambord.nl
Replied by jouwnaambord.nl on topic remarketing id tag not working
Hi Nicolas,
Found out some issues. I changed the adwords ID code and stripped all the "-" in the code from Google. I also changed the code in the file hikashopremarketing.php
www.hikashop.com/forum/reports-statistic...not-work.html#208579
All the errors are gone now, but still I have several products where the code isn't applied. The access level of these products are all set to default (All). The "Column name for ecomm_prodid" is set to "product_id".
Found out some issues. I changed the adwords ID code and stripped all the "-" in the code from Google. I also changed the code in the file hikashopremarketing.php
www.hikashop.com/forum/reports-statistic...not-work.html#208579
All the errors are gone now, but still I have several products where the code isn't applied. The access level of these products are all set to default (All). The "Column name for ecomm_prodid" is set to "product_id".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #284083
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic remarketing id tag not working
Hi,
Well I don't see any other reason.
Do you maybe have some caching on these pages ?
If you duplicate the product with the "copy" button of the products listing, do you have the same issue on the copied product's product page ?
Well I don't see any other reason.
Do you maybe have some caching on these pages ?
If you duplicate the product with the "copy" button of the products listing, do you have the same issue on the copied product's product page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds