Skip to main content

Which Article Layout to use?

More
15 years 9 months ago #3987 by sidneyd
Hi,

I have set up a menu item and selected Hikashop as the menu item type. However I can't seem to find which layout to use as when I preview my site, the page which should relate to the Hikashop store shows as a broken link.

I am setting up the shop to show currently 5 categories on the store page each with numerous product listings within the categories

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3989 by nicolas
Hi,

Which version of joomla are you using ?
Could you provide a link to your website where we can see that broken link ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3992 by sidneyd
Using Joomla 1.5. The site is currently on a local host in XAMPP so not yet live

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3993 by nicolas
Could you do a screenshot then ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4025 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

I have attached a word doc with a screenshot of the homepage. The menu item is T-Shirt Shack Store and the screenshot below it shows the result when clicked.

I currently have this menu item set up as Hikashop - Category Listing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4026 by sidneyd
Sorry attachment didn't go through, try this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4027 by nicolas
Could you copy/paste the link which is broken ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4035 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

Its currently on a local host http://localhost/joomla15/index.php/t-shirt-shack-store

i think

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4039 by nicolas
Could you temporarily deactivate SEF settings in the joomla configuration and copy/paste again the link from your menu ? That will give us the real link.
By the way, when you deactivate SEF, does the link work ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4041 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

I am out just now but will try that when I get it and send you the link

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4075 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

Where do I disable SEF in joomla? What is SEF?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4078 by nicolas
It's explained on that page of the joomla documentation: docs.joomla.org/SEF_URLs_in_Joomla!_1.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4219 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

I have turned off the SEF URLS and this is the url I get for the page -

http://localhost/joomla15/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4252 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

I have turned off the SEF URLS and this is the url I get for the page -

localhost/joomla15/index.php?option=com_...isting&Itemid=29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4253 by nicolas
Does that link works when SEF is deactivated ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4255 by sidneyd
No it doesn't

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4256 by nicolas
Could you do a screenshot of the page once you opened it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4263 by sidneyd
This is the message received

500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: menu,html,menuView

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
3. a mistyped address
4. you have no access to this page
5. The requested resource was not found.
6. An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

* Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

View not found [name, type, prefix]: menu,html,menuView

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4264 by nicolas
Hi,

I remember that with an old version of HikaShop such error would happen on the front end if the option "Menu position" was set to "above the main area" in the configuration under the tab display. Could you check that option ? If that's the case, could you change it and see if it's better. Also, that was on an old version and should not happen with the latest version. Which version of HikaShop are you using ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4410 by sidneyd
Hi Nicolas

OK, your suggestion worked and I can now see the store on my preview page. However now that I can see it, I have discovered I have display issues. When I clivk on a category, all the products are in a bit of a mess and all squeahed together, also thr thumbnail shows the default image rather than the product.

Also when I click on a product page, none of the chareteristics etc for the product are showing. for example I have created size and colour drop downs etc


Oh and happy new year

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum