- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Nested categories
- stickleback
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #193499
by stickleback
Nested categories was created by stickleback
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
I have all my products listed in their categories. now the client wants to group the categories into larger groups of categories... so for example shirts, socks and shoes are categories, but now we want to have a "super" category for "clothing" - how do I do this? I simply can't see it - sorry!
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
I have all my products listed in their categories. now the client wants to group the categories into larger groups of categories... so for example shirts, socks and shoes are categories, but now we want to have a "super" category for "clothing" - how do I do this? I simply can't see it - sorry!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193542
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Nested categories
Hi,
You just have to create you "super" categories, then edit the "sub" ones and for their option "parent category" select the "super" one.
You just have to create you "super" categories, then edit the "sub" ones and for their option "parent category" select the "super" one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stickleback
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #193692
by stickleback
Replied by stickleback on topic Nested categories
Hi Xabier,
I was assuming that all I needed to do was create a new category (on the original same level as the first) and then edit the one I want to nest to change the parent category.
This I seem to be able to do, I open the category I want to nest and click on the pencil icon to edit the parent category.
The window opens and allows me to select, in this case "Primary Campaigns" - but there is no "OK" button or "Save" button as there is in other popup boxes - so although it appears to do what I want it to do, I cannot save.... I'm sorry if this is obvious, but believe me, I've been looking at the screen for almost an hour!
I was assuming that all I needed to do was create a new category (on the original same level as the first) and then edit the one I want to nest to change the parent category.
This I seem to be able to do, I open the category I want to nest and click on the pencil icon to edit the parent category.
The window opens and allows me to select, in this case "Primary Campaigns" - but there is no "OK" button or "Save" button as there is in other popup boxes - so although it appears to do what I want it to do, I cannot save.... I'm sorry if this is obvious, but believe me, I've been looking at the screen for almost an hour!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193693
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Nested categories
Please see here - it was the same "problem":
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...category.html#155829
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stickleback
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #193694
by stickleback
Replied by stickleback on topic Nested categories
Thanks for the prompt reply - but I am not adding a new category - and so I'm not getting the same popup - my category already exists with products already added, but I now need to nest within a higher level category... I'm sorry, but I'm lost
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stickleback
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #193695
by stickleback
Replied by stickleback on topic Nested categories
Sorry - found it! the config is different - you need to click on the + symbol.... thanks for making me look closer!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193696
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Nested categories
Ok, I should have maybe said, "it's the same procedure" - the way being the goal.
Anyway, you found out.
Anyway, you found out.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds