- Posts: 177
- Thank you received: 8
multiple characteristic for a product
10 years 5 months ago #235734
by UserB
multiple characteristic for a product was created by UserB
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
-- PHP version -- : 5
HI, one simple question :
Is there anyway to have multiple characteristics for products. So far I managed to have one scroll down option, I'd just need to have another one. + I'm used to the Virtuemart characteristics where the price comes ontop of the product price. Therefore, you can have multiple characteristics such as size , color for a tshirt for example.
When I try to select a second option, the save button doesn't register.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
-- PHP version -- : 5
HI, one simple question :
Is there anyway to have multiple characteristics for products. So far I managed to have one scroll down option, I'd just need to have another one. + I'm used to the Virtuemart characteristics where the price comes ontop of the product price. Therefore, you can have multiple characteristics such as size , color for a tshirt for example.
When I try to select a second option, the save button doesn't register.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #235746
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hi,
Sure, there should be no problem to have several characteristics and/or several options attached to a product.
I did a test on my end with the latest version and it works just fine. Maybe you have a bug with the popups which creates a javascript error preventing the system to work properly. Try to set the "popup mode" of the HikaShop configuration to "vex" to avoid such problems. If that doesn't help, please provide some before/after screenshot of the page so that we can better understand the issue.
In HikaShop the "options" come on top of the product price:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
The characteristics in HikaShop are used to have variants of the product:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...with-characteristics
Both systems can be combined.
Sure, there should be no problem to have several characteristics and/or several options attached to a product.
I did a test on my end with the latest version and it works just fine. Maybe you have a bug with the popups which creates a javascript error preventing the system to work properly. Try to set the "popup mode" of the HikaShop configuration to "vex" to avoid such problems. If that doesn't help, please provide some before/after screenshot of the page so that we can better understand the issue.
In HikaShop the "options" come on top of the product price:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
The characteristics in HikaShop are used to have variants of the product:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...with-characteristics
Both systems can be combined.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #235813
by UserB
Replied by UserB on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hi Nicolas,
I just sent you the infos @contact.
I set up the pop up mode to vex and no change.
Thaks for looking it up if you have a minute.
I just sent you the infos @contact.
I set up the pop up mode to vex and no change.
Thaks for looking it up if you have a minute.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #235824
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hi,
I had no problem adding two characteristics to a product on your website. You can see the test product I added with the two characteristics:
I had no problem adding two characteristics to a product on your website. You can see the test product I added with the two characteristics:
Code:
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]=1630
The following user(s) said Thank You: UserB
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #235950
by UserB
Replied by UserB on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Yes, I'm a dork.
I was not picking a value by default, just selecting the option. Thanks Nicolas.
I was not picking a value by default, just selecting the option. Thanks Nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236213
by UserB
Replied by UserB on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by UserB.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236216
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hi,
Can you provide a screenshot of the variants tab of your product in the backend ?
Can you provide a screenshot of the variants tab of your product in the backend ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236354
by UserB
Replied by UserB on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hi Nicolas,
so here is what we have on the front page :
and on the product page in the back office :
I don't seem to understand the process, it is like the first option comes as a parent of the second option. I just need to achieve what we have on www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
On the example above, ,the computer has 4 options with dropdowns.
Is there a tutorial or what am I missing?
If you need to go to the backoffice, the admin account I sent you last time is still active.
Thanks.
so here is what we have on the front page :
and on the product page in the back office :
I don't seem to understand the process, it is like the first option comes as a parent of the second option. I just need to achieve what we have on www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
On the example above, ,the computer has 4 options with dropdowns.
Is there a tutorial or what am I missing?
If you need to go to the backoffice, the admin account I sent you last time is still active.
Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by UserB.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236644
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hello,
I feel a misunderstanding, as a start I invite you to have look on this tutorial, here .
For complete my answer, don't confused Characteristics AND Variants.
Let's explain this with an example from the tutorial I give you :
- 1 Characterisitics for Color
- 1 for Size
Later, in my backend product I pick the two characterisitics AND I define a default value (white for the first and M for second)
Save your product, on the backend product will be displayed Variants tab.
I define for this product 2 color white and red AND I use the second characteristics (Size) to define which size are available for each color.
This point explained, do you want to have 2 characteristics OR 2 Variants ?
Second question, do you want display all available choice, for this go to Components => HikaShop => Configuration, and on Products dropdown select Characteristics, and click on your characteristics name, look for Characteristics selection method option and define it on "Radio Button".
Awaiting news from you.
Regards,
I feel a misunderstanding, as a start I invite you to have look on this tutorial, here .
For complete my answer, don't confused Characteristics AND Variants.
Let's explain this with an example from the tutorial I give you :
- 1 Characterisitics for Color
- 1 for Size
Later, in my backend product I pick the two characterisitics AND I define a default value (white for the first and M for second)
Save your product, on the backend product will be displayed Variants tab.
I define for this product 2 color white and red AND I use the second characteristics (Size) to define which size are available for each color.
This point explained, do you want to have 2 characteristics OR 2 Variants ?
Second question, do you want display all available choice, for this go to Components => HikaShop => Configuration, and on Products dropdown select Characteristics, and click on your characteristics name, look for Characteristics selection method option and define it on "Radio Button".
Awaiting news from you.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236701
by UserB
Replied by UserB on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Heck,
I've been through your tuto and I don't know what I need to do nomore. :0
The only thing I really want is 1 scroll down per option or whatever you call it.
I have my option express and I have one scroll down and I need a second scroll down on my dessert option.
Really, i'd need 3 but we'll start with 2 for now, once I get it, it should be ok.
If I read www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...characteristics.html correctly, what I would really need would be options for my products and not variant since "If it is something external of the product and it adds always the same fee, we recommend the product option." The project needs to list one product with values that are going to add up to the product price.
But How do I set up these options? Any tuto on this only?
Sorry but the characteristic / variant / option / custom fields is quite confusing.
Thanks
I've been through your tuto and I don't know what I need to do nomore. :0
The only thing I really want is 1 scroll down per option or whatever you call it.
I have my option express and I have one scroll down and I need a second scroll down on my dessert option.
Really, i'd need 3 but we'll start with 2 for now, once I get it, it should be ok.
If I read www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...characteristics.html correctly, what I would really need would be options for my products and not variant since "If it is something external of the product and it adds always the same fee, we recommend the product option." The project needs to list one product with values that are going to add up to the product price.
But How do I set up these options? Any tuto on this only?
Sorry but the characteristic / variant / option / custom fields is quite confusing.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236708
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic multiple characteristic for a product
Hello,
I think
I can see your are french, I invite you to ask help in French topic here , explanation will be more accurate as we are french too.

In your french message, add a link to this topic page in order to avoid you to repeat all.
Regards,
I think
I can see your are french, I invite you to ask help in French topic here , explanation will be more accurate as we are french too.
In your french message, add a link to this topic page in order to avoid you to repeat all.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #237571
by UserB
Replied by UserB on topic multiple characteristic for a product
ça marche.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds