- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
Styling Templates
- JohnSmithers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 1 month ago #296858
by JohnSmithers
Styling Templates was created by JohnSmithers
Customising CSS can take time. Are there any CSS templates we can use "off the shelf"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 month ago #296860
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Styling Templates
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnSmithers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 1 month ago #296894
by JohnSmithers
Replied by JohnSmithers on topic Styling Templates
Thank you for your swift reply. I believe I may have misdirected your response.
I was specifically referring to just the CSS settings of the Hikshop, NOT a full Joomla template.
Do I have to go into those templates and pick out the appropriate CSS or are there good premade CSS files for Hikashop only which I can use?
I was specifically referring to just the CSS settings of the Hikshop, NOT a full Joomla template.
Do I have to go into those templates and pick out the appropriate CSS or are there good premade CSS files for Hikashop only which I can use?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 month ago #296895
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Styling Templates
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnSmithers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 weeks ago #298081
by JohnSmithers
Replied by JohnSmithers on topic Styling Templates
Yes Jerome, like that. Its a pity it comes with a cost and not some guides and documentation. But I shall consider this. any other suggestions are very welcome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 weeks ago #298083
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Styling Templates
Hi,
Besides that, or full blown templates made for HikaShop which usually come with a load of custom CSS for HikaShop, I don't know of any alternative.
Besides that, or full blown templates made for HikaShop which usually come with a load of custom CSS for HikaShop, I don't know of any alternative.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnSmithers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 4 months ago #307304
by JohnSmithers
Replied by JohnSmithers on topic Styling Templates
Bought styling template today. I installed it through the install manager in Joomla.
I went to configuration and selected "display".
I can't see any styles to select.
???
I went to configuration and selected "display".
I can't see any styles to select.
???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 4 months ago #307315
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Styling Templates
Hi,
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe some wrong permissions on the folders ?
Anyways, you can do install a manual installation:
- extract the install zip on your local computer
- you'll get two folders: css and images
- upload the content of the images folder in media/com_hikashop/images/ (via FTP for example)
- upload the content of the css folder in media/com_hikashop/css/ (via FTP for example)
- you ill now see the styles in the style setting of the Display tab of the HikaShop configuration
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe some wrong permissions on the folders ?
Anyways, you can do install a manual installation:
- extract the install zip on your local computer
- you'll get two folders: css and images
- upload the content of the images folder in media/com_hikashop/images/ (via FTP for example)
- upload the content of the css folder in media/com_hikashop/css/ (via FTP for example)
- you ill now see the styles in the style setting of the Display tab of the HikaShop configuration
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnSmithers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #307453
by JohnSmithers
Replied by JohnSmithers on topic Styling Templates
Okay thanks. I got it installed. Its a but underwhelming to be honest. I tried using the contact area to discuss but got no reply.
I really had expected something significantly more substantive than this when I paid my money. I'm not looking for a template but I was certainly expecting the product boxes and checkout to be smooth and professional. The "styles" as far as I can tell only colour the text and change the font.
Am I missing something here?
With Best Wishes
I really had expected something significantly more substantive than this when I paid my money. I'm not looking for a template but I was certainly expecting the product boxes and checkout to be smooth and professional. The "styles" as far as I can tell only colour the text and change the font.
Am I missing something here?
With Best Wishes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 3 months ago #307458
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Styling Templates
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnSmithers
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #307469
by JohnSmithers
Replied by JohnSmithers on topic Styling Templates
My apologies. Landed in my "junk" folder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds