- Posts: 303
- Thank you received: 18
Double Canonical Links
- mojooutdoors-holden
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 10 months ago #325971
by mojooutdoors-holden
Double Canonical Links was created by mojooutdoors-holden
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.dev.mojooutdoors.com/new-products/mojo-spoonzilla
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
I'm seeing two different canonical links in my header on my product page. Originally, I had 3, so I disabled the canonical link from sh404sef.
From what i can tell, these come from hikashop. However, with two canonicals showing in the header, I'm unclear if this is an issue or if the second one listed always takes precedence?
BACKGROUND: I'm trying to not rely on sh404sef for canonical links as it's more of a pain to enter the same canonical link for several instance of a product across multiple categories (i.e., in sh404sef you need to add a canonical for each custom URL so one URL per instance of a product per category). Easier to just enter in one place on the product options.
Any thoughts?
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
I'm seeing two different canonical links in my header on my product page. Originally, I had 3, so I disabled the canonical link from sh404sef.
From what i can tell, these come from hikashop. However, with two canonicals showing in the header, I'm unclear if this is an issue or if the second one listed always takes precedence?
BACKGROUND: I'm trying to not rely on sh404sef for canonical links as it's more of a pain to enter the same canonical link for several instance of a product across multiple categories (i.e., in sh404sef you need to add a canonical for each custom URL so one URL per instance of a product per category). Easier to just enter in one place on the product options.
Any thoughts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 10 months ago #325982
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Double Canonical Links
Hi,
It is an issue. Only one canonical URL is possible on a page. Search engines will penalize you for this.
HikaShop only adds one canonical URL tag on the product page.
So the other one must be added by something else.
It's probably the SEF plugin of Joomla:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...egories-listing.html
It is an issue. Only one canonical URL is possible on a page. Search engines will penalize you for this.
HikaShop only adds one canonical URL tag on the product page.
So the other one must be added by something else.
It's probably the SEF plugin of Joomla:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...egories-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mojooutdoors-holden
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 303
- Thank you received: 18
5 years 10 months ago #326336
by mojooutdoors-holden
Replied by mojooutdoors-holden on topic Double Canonical Links
Thanks Nicolas! I found the culprit for duplicate canonicals in my template index.php file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds