- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Order confirmed emails for admin
12 years 3 months ago #160679
by RAUK
Order confirmed emails for admin was created by RAUK
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hi,
Apologies if this has been answered before - i have looked but not found a working solution for me.
The problem:
-Orders are generated via our store and then forwarded by me via email to a 3rd party who mails out the goods.
-Currently I get an "order created" email when a new order is created.
-Paypal is correctly updating the status of paid orders to confirmed and emailing the customer with confirmation of their confirmed status.
- I am trying to work by email only rather than the admin interface as my main daily IT access is via tablet/phone.
- The only way I can tell an order is confirmed without logging in is if I get the Paypal payment comfirmation email.
- In around 130 orders to date I have had maybe 20 instances of customers creating 2 or 3 "created" orders, presumably by failing to complete Paypal and going back to checkout - when I subsequently do get a Paypal payment confirmation it is difficult to determine from email alone which order is now the paid (and hence confirmed one) to forward on for shipping.
It would be really helpful for me as an admin to receive email notification of confirmed orders, which i can then forward on to the 3rd party.
Is there a way to do this ?
I have searched the forum and tried editing the email "order status notification" preload part and add
"$mail->dst_email = array($mail->dst_email,' your@email.com');" at the end, as decribed in this post www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...onfirmed.html#156976
This didn't generate an admin email for me on confirming the order.
Any advice on how to achieve this would be gratefully received.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hi,
Apologies if this has been answered before - i have looked but not found a working solution for me.
The problem:
-Orders are generated via our store and then forwarded by me via email to a 3rd party who mails out the goods.
-Currently I get an "order created" email when a new order is created.
-Paypal is correctly updating the status of paid orders to confirmed and emailing the customer with confirmation of their confirmed status.
- I am trying to work by email only rather than the admin interface as my main daily IT access is via tablet/phone.
- The only way I can tell an order is confirmed without logging in is if I get the Paypal payment comfirmation email.
- In around 130 orders to date I have had maybe 20 instances of customers creating 2 or 3 "created" orders, presumably by failing to complete Paypal and going back to checkout - when I subsequently do get a Paypal payment confirmation it is difficult to determine from email alone which order is now the paid (and hence confirmed one) to forward on for shipping.
It would be really helpful for me as an admin to receive email notification of confirmed orders, which i can then forward on to the 3rd party.
Is there a way to do this ?
I have searched the forum and tried editing the email "order status notification" preload part and add
"$mail->dst_email = array($mail->dst_email,' your@email.com');" at the end, as decribed in this post www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...onfirmed.html#156976
This didn't generate an admin email for me on confirming the order.
Any advice on how to achieve this would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #160762
by boxchilli
Replied by boxchilli on topic Order confirmed emails for admin
Hi Rauk.
This sounds like the same issues I'm having but with a different payment provider. It may be worth keeping an eye on the thread: www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...-not-on-payment.html which I'm hopeful to have a reply soon
This sounds like the same issues I'm having but with a different payment provider. It may be worth keeping an eye on the thread: www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...-not-on-payment.html which I'm hopeful to have a reply soon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160779
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Order confirmed emails for admin
Hi,
Thanks to try this kind of plugin, it allow to add a recipient to the order status notification email, the one which is sent to the customers.
It will allow you to be informed on order status changes.
Just install it via the Joomla extension manager, enable it, and in the settings fill one email address or many separated by a comma. (without space).
Thanks to try this kind of plugin, it allow to add a recipient to the order status notification email, the one which is sent to the customers.
It will allow you to be informed on order status changes.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Just install it via the Joomla extension manager, enable it, and in the settings fill one email address or many separated by a comma. (without space).
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Xavier.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161165
by RAUK
Replied by RAUK on topic Order confirmed emails for admin
Many thanks - this has solved my problem completely.
Easy to use and means I can now focus on the paid orders.
It would be great if this was a stock plugin/function.
Easy to use and means I can now focus on the paid orders.
It would be great if this was a stock plugin/function.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #183511
by Bugaenko
Replied by Bugaenko on topic Order confirmed emails for admin
At version 2.3.4 plugin takes no effect (
I really need personnel new orders notification !
I really need personnel new orders notification !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #183514
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Order confirmed emails for admin
Hi,
This plugin should still be working as expected, are you sure that this plugin is well enabled and set up ?
This plugin should still be working as expected, are you sure that this plugin is well enabled and set up ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds