- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 1
characteristics
I have a shoes store where clients choose size and width size for each product.
after choosing and creating an order it always come with default values and not with the chosen characteristics.
any idea..???
here is the site: www.birki.me
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is a problem with your characteristics.
I don't know why but the system is not able to add the id of the characteristic in the id/name of the characteristic dropdowns.
If you remove the characteristics of your product, delete the variants and then add back the characteristics. Does that solve the issue ?
How are configured your characteristics and products ? Could you do screenshots of one of each settings ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
it's configured via CSV file which is attached to this message.
maybe something in file is wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The issue is indeed coming from your CSV which is not valid.
Please make sure that you set the default value of your characteristics for the main product rows. Without that, the product will have links to variants, which themselves have links to characteristics, but the product themselves won't have links to characteristics.
Because of that, the data is inconsistent in the database and it cannot be loaded properly on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
back then the programmer made some changes to the CSV and it did work well.
Now, when I've upgraded to the latest business version 2.6.2 it came back to be in such a way that I only see the product but I don't see the characteristics at all.
pls see the products export from the new hikashop
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see a problem with the data in your CSV.
I think the problem is not about the data but with the customization of the layout on your product page.
Try to switch to the default template of Joomla and see if the product page displays properly. If it does, it means that there is a problem with the files in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ which are not fine with the changes of the new version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm referring to the order details email that is sent to the client and to me.
I only see the product name, but no size and no width size.
In the product layout in the front end there is no problem, clients can choose characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I understand what you mean. The fact that the selected characteristics are not reflected in the cart and later in the order comes from the fact that there is a problem with the product page layout.
Please try the solution I proposed in my previous message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried the solution you offered, I made an order with a default Joomla template, there was the same problem, order comes correctly with product SKU, PRICE, IMAGE but no characteristics...
now when I look at it again I see it does come but in a shape of code and not the real value.
Let me explain, for example shoes model Arizona size is 37 and width size is Normal should display in order Arizona 37 Normal.
Instead I see Arizona 24 39 when 24 stands for size 37 and 39 stands for Normal width size
please advice further
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ah I see. So the correct variant is actually selected and displayed in the order.
The problem is just that the name that you have in the variants is not what you want.
Edit the variants of the product and make sure that either you don't have a name for them or that it correspond to what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
so, what I get is the ID of the Characteristics value and not the real value (SIZE, WIDTH SIZE).
it seems like this value is being ignored.
is it possible to manipulate the values ID ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not follwoing you. Did you remove the name of the variants of the product ? Could you provide a link to the product so that we can see what you have now ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I didn't remove it. The name of the variant is actually a number (shoe size).
each variant get in Hikashop an ID number.
when order come in I see the ID number of the variant but I don't see the real value (variant name).
Here is for example a product link: birki.me/component/hikashop/%D7%9E%D7%95...9053-arizona-schwarz
If you play around with the sizes you'll see the product title change as well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
From what I see on your product, it's the variant name which is used and that name is set to for example 051793L.
If you remove it in the name of the variant, the two characteristics values that have been selected will be used instead.
So I don't see what you want if you don't want that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Edit your product in the backend, click on the "variants" tab, edit each variant, and for each one empty the field "name" and save the variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When I upgraded to Hikashop latest version I see now the option "Append characteristics value to the product name" is not in the configuration anymore and I cannot find it. This created the value not to show on my orders.
How can I apply it again ??
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That option doesn't exist anymore so that people don't turn it off by mistake and then ask us why their products are missing the values selected in the orders.
So it's not coming from that option.
The problem you have comes from a bug fix we did. Before, we didn't take into account the variants name properly and in recent versions of HikaShop we fixed that. So that has the side effect that if you had crappy variant name where you just have the same value as the main product name, then you won't know which variant will be chosen as they all have the same name. Hence my advice from 1 month ago:
Edit your product in the backend, click on the "variants" tab, edit each variant, and for each one empty the field "name" and save the variant. That should solve your problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your answer.
The problem is that I have about 20-25 variants to each product and about 600 products.
It makes about 15000 entries that I need to change manually.
It's not what I expected to do while upgrading the Hikashop version.
Is there a short cut?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sure. Just create a mass action via the menu System>Mass actions, add a filter on the product type to only have variants and then an action "update the values" on the product_name column being equal to 0. Click on the process button and it will remove the name of the 500 first variants. Repeat it for the next 500, etc with the limitations area and voilà. You should be done in 5 minutes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.