Skip to main content

When importing always existing products

More
12 years 10 months ago #132799 by verzevoul
Hi!
I exported the products to have the csv ready. I deleted all data except the column names and the first product, and I entered a new id and name to this products.
When I import I always get
1 products found : 0 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 1 already existing products.
But the id and name is new.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132800 by Jerome
Hi,

HikaShop version number please

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132841 by verzevoul
Your version is 2.2.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132899 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
The last Hikashop version is the 2.2.2, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132902 by verzevoul
No I can't !
My subscrition has ended.
Is it a reported bug in 2.1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132973 by nicolas
You need to change the product_code. If the product_code is the same as the first product, the system will be able to match them and it won't create a new product but update the existing one.

The version of HikaShop doesn't matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135158 by verzevoul
i tried that but it doesn t make any difference. My csv has only one product with differnet id

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135166 by verzevoul
I have worked with you for over a year and I ll support you for this year again by extending my licsence. It has nothing to do with this topic. I would do that it was programmed. But this issue is happening only to me. Its strange.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135423 by nicolas
Updating to the latest version won't help as far as I understand.
Please provide the CSV that you're trying to import and I might be able to tell you more about your issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #135505 by verzevoul
Thats my file for testing purposes
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by verzevoul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135506 by verzevoul
can you see the file? i tried with rar too. But I can t see it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135704 by Jerome
Hi,

The server does not accept too big files and in Kunena there is a filter on some file extensions.
Please check that your file is not just too big and use a common format for your archives (the zip).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135709 by verzevoul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135825 by nicolas
Your product_code is a numeric value.
As the system is trying to be nice with people, if you enter a numerical value in it, it will try to see if there is not a product with that id and if so it will consider that you are trying to update the data of that product.
So in your case, it's updating the product with the id 11 instead of creating a new product with the code 11.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135841 by verzevoul
I tried with the new one I uploaded you. I also uploaded the export. But the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #136437 by verzevoul
any news please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #137412 by verzevoul
sorry to dump but its been days I havent solved my issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #137607 by nicolas
If you want to create new products, you need to remove the product_id column or the system will try to update the products with the id that you put in that product_id column. The product_code column should contain a code (not an numerical value) which doesn't exist yet.

Then, the import system will create a new product. That's all there is to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #137654 by verzevoul
OK Nikolas, I got it. One question here. I saw that in the field "categories" , you write the name of the category. Not the id. What if we have more than one categories with the same name, as subcategories in our database?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #137747 by nicolas
In that case you can enter the id of the category instead. Like for the id in the product_code column, the system will understand that you're giving the category id instead of the category name and like your product to the correct category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum