- Posts: 146
- Thank you received: 2
Variants no showing on CSV import
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I have products and variants all correctly working.
I first manually added variants (size and color) to the product and manually added values to the variant (S, M, L).
If I try to import a product with a new variant (example XL) that does not already have a value, it will say product added, but it will not show up in the parent product. It will also not show in the values of the variant.
Am I doing something wrong or does Hikashop require we manually add all the potential variants values first, before importing?
Also, I have some products that are showing variants, even though no variants were uploaded to them. When I try to delete the variants in the product, if I delete ALL the variants, the variants all "reappear" on the backend, even after I save. If I delete all, but 1 of the variants, the remaining deleted variants stay deleted. www.iheartsin.com/index.php/accessories/product/shorts-v9209
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Does that product appear anywhere ?
Some columns in your csv file seems to not be correct.
To add a new variants, the best is to add the size through the characteristics menu, and then import the variant.
For the product with the variant, make sure that you delete the characteristics from the product. Then the variants should not appear anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If I have many variants 6 colors and 20 sizes, do I have to enter them manually 1 by 1 in the characteristics menu in the the product or is there a mass update/import option?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, the import system will be able to link the new values of the characteristics with the new variants from the CSV into your products automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Example:
www.iheartsin.com/index.php/bedrooom/category/baby-doll (look for product baby-doll-4088)
but when you click on the product, the picture changes
www.iheartsin.com/index.php/bedrooom/product/baby-doll-4088
the when you choose a variant (example colo: blue), the picture disappears.
This happens, even if you go to the products and see that the variant has a picture on the backend (example in attached file)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On the listing, the image used is the image with the lower ordering of the main product. So make sure that it is the same image as the lower ordering image of the default variant of your product.
Regarding the image which disapear when you change the characteristic selection, that's because of the way your product page view files where customized which kind of break the system. If you revert to the default display, you won't get the problem. So I would recommend to check on that with the person who did the customization of the product page layout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have a women's clothing store with several vendors. Thousands of products with multiple sizes and multiple colors. Not all products have all the colors and sometimes the sizes are referenced by S, M, L (Small, Medium, Large), or 0,2,4,5,8.
If I import my vendor CSV and it has a variant not already set up in Hikashop it will not import (example, a new color...say Aqua).
My first thought was to then list all the potential sizes and colors in the characteristics. That worked in that all the product imported, HOWVER, the product lists all potential permutations of color and size on the product page, even if does not have that color or size option.
What is the most efficient way to configure Hikashop, so that the product page will only list the colors and sizes available?
Theoretically, I could go into each product and delete the specific size and color not available, but that is not efficient for thousands of products.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you don't want all the non existent variants to display on the product page, simply do not import them in your CSV, or import them with a quantity of 0 or as unpublished, and make sure that the "show out of stock products" option of the configuration is turned off.
Of course, if you have a S red tshirt but not a S green tshirt and that you have a L green tshirt and not a L red tshirt, both red and green choices will display in the color dropdown and both the S and L choices will display in the size dropdown on the product page. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to select anything.
But there are solutions to that too. You can set the characteristics display method option of the configuration to list or table and that way you'll only be able to select the existing variants on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried to import the variants first (variants have specific size and color combinations and quantities for each), then the parent product, but that does not work either.
I tired to import the parent product without using a placeholder for color and size. If I did not have a placeholder for color and size, then it would not add any of the variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Any chance of an assist on my current roadblock...I'm perplex and can't move forward.
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...v-import.html#176425
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can't import the products on one end and the variants on another end.
You need to import both the products and the variants in the same CSV and have the variants after the products in it.
The same as in the CSV that you get when you click on the "export" button of the products listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now no variants show up on the products. Tried two version of file, 1 with default values on the parent and 1 with no default values. Help?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
take.ms/Wsezf
The product code of the variants contain the country name instead of the product code.
And the main products have to have the default values for the characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 1
nicolas wrote: Hi,
You can't import the products on one end and the variants on another end.
You need to import both the products and the variants in the same CSV and have the variants after the products in it.
The same as in the CSV that you get when you click on the "export" button of the products listing.
How can I import products and variants in the same CSV if, when I'm doing it, I don't have the product's ID to fill the column "product_parent_id" of the variants?
Thank you.
Best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For main, the product_parent_id = 0, for variant product_parent_id = the product_code of the main product.
Hope that helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 1
With the attached CSV files (I've tested both options) I manage to add the Variants values but it seems that the corresponding Characteristics aren't added to the product. The Variants Product Code aren't also being correctly added. I've attached to files with screenshots from the backend and from the frontend.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thank you.
Best Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the characteristic column of your CSV, you need to fill the value for the variants but you also need to fill the default value for the main product. It seems that the didn't enter the default value for the main products in your CSV and thus the characteristics are not linked to the main product after the import.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 1
nicolas wrote: Hi,
In the characteristic column of your CSV, you need to fill the value for the variants but you also need to fill the default value for the main product. It seems that the didn't enter the default value for the main products in your CSV and thus the characteristics are not linked to the main product after the import.
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for the answer, I will try that.
And what about the "product_quantity" column of the main product: must I leave it blank or must I fill it with the quantity of the default Variant?
Thank you.
Best regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should leave it blank, or set it to -1 (for unlimited), or set it to the total of the quantities of the variants (so that it is synched by the system with the quantities of the variants).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.