- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Change the purpose of Maufacturer URL
- hypnotic11us
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #10042
by hypnotic11us
Change the purpose of Maufacturer URL was created by hypnotic11us
Hello!
Is there a way to change the way manufacturer Url appears in the frontend? In my case, we are also the manufacturer, and every product has a page description somewhere in the same website. I would like to replace the "Manufacturer URL : www.mysite.com/product.html " with a Description link (without the actual http address following.
Thank you! Hope this is doable.
Is there a way to change the way manufacturer Url appears in the frontend? In my case, we are also the manufacturer, and every product has a page description somewhere in the same website. I would like to replace the "Manufacturer URL : www.mysite.com/product.html " with a Description link (without the actual http address following.
Thank you! Hope this is doable.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10048
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change the purpose of Maufacturer URL
Hi,
You can edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
echo JText::sprintf('MANUFACTURER_URL','<a href="'.$this->element->product_url.'" target="_blank">'.$this->element->product_url.'</a>');
to what you need.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Description link (without the actual http address following." so I can give the precise code...
Also, if you use variants, you would have to replace the line:
echo JText::sprintf('MANUFACTURER_URL','<a href="'.$variant->product_url.'" target="_blank">'.$variant->product_url.'</a>');
in the same manner.
You can edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
echo JText::sprintf('MANUFACTURER_URL','<a href="'.$this->element->product_url.'" target="_blank">'.$this->element->product_url.'</a>');
to what you need.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Description link (without the actual http address following." so I can give the precise code...
Also, if you use variants, you would have to replace the line:
echo JText::sprintf('MANUFACTURER_URL','<a href="'.$variant->product_url.'" target="_blank">'.$variant->product_url.'</a>');
in the same manner.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hypnotic11us
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #10050
by hypnotic11us
Replied by hypnotic11us on topic Re: Change the purpose of Maufacturer URL
Thank you!
I changed what you said and it's doing exactly what I want.
Could I also ask something else?
Shouldn't Shipping methods also appear on the checkout page? I have added 2 types on the HikaShop manual shipping plugin but they don't show. The payment method (even though I just have one) is showing alright.
I changed what you said and it's doing exactly what I want.
Could I also ask something else?
Shouldn't Shipping methods also appear on the checkout page? I have added 2 types on the HikaShop manual shipping plugin but they don't show. The payment method (even though I just have one) is showing alright.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10052
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change the purpose of Maufacturer URL
Please check the different points of that FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hypnotic11us
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago #10057
by hypnotic11us
Replied by hypnotic11us on topic Re: Change the purpose of Maufacturer URL
I'll check it out. Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds