Skip to main content

Checkout problem - register not continuing.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15906 by mrdexter
Hi,

I am using business 1.4.9, and have deleted all amendments from the relevant view files, so I am using stock files.
My checkout workflow is: cart,login_address,shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end
Registration is disabled.

My problem is that when I click next on the cart page I am taken to the Login or create new account page (presumably the login_address part). when I enter the details and click register, the same page reloads with the information I entered being kept, but does not progress me to the next page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15907 by nicolas
If the registration is disabled in joomla, you shouldn't be able to register during the checkout as the view shouldn't event be displayed and you should see instead a "registration is not allowed". Unless you set the registration option of hikashop to no registration, in which case you should be see the interface as no user will be created.
Could you give more information on your setup ? Maybe a link to that shop ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15908 by mrdexter
To clarify, the registration isn't disabled in Joomla, but is set to none in hikashop.

Shop url is www.bytebackinternet.co.uk/vintageleathersofas/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15909 by nicolas
Could you check on your template's message tag: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tibility-issues.html
Normally, there should be an error message displayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15910 by mrdexter
Done.
Message: Please create or select an address

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15912 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15914 by mrdexter
That's fixed the address issue, but now when I click next it takes me to a screen asking me if I want to use the same address for shipping as billing, but again when I click next on that nothing happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15935 by nicolas
I'm out of ideas. Would you give us an FTP access so that we can debug the problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15967 by mrdexter
Emailed ftp and admin access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16055 by mrdexter
Thanks Nicolas.

Quick question, which display file is responsible for this screen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16064 by nicolas
Several of then:

the file step of the view checkout is responsible for the display of checkout steps
the file login of the view checkout is responsible for the display of the login view of the checkout
the file registration of the view user is responsible for the display of the registration part of the login view of the checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #16234 by mrdexter
I've looked at all three of those files and cannot find what I need. I want to put the email address at the bottom.
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by mrdexter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16246 by nicolas
In the file registration of the view user, you have the code below that you can put at the top in order to move the email field below the address fields:

<tr class="hikashop_registration_address_info_line">
<td colspan="2" height="40">
<?php echo JText::_( 'ADDRESS_INFORMATION' ); ?>
</td>
</tr>
<?php
$this->type = 'address';
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16262 by mrdexter
Ta, I saw that bit and for some reason dismissed it....I think it might be time for a break!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16284 by mrdexter
Nicolas, moving that code to the top just leaves me with a completely blank page..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16285 by nicolas
That's because you didn't copy it properly. You need to put that code outside the <?php and ?> tags.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16289 by mrdexter
I did put it outside the tags, I presume you mean to put it after the <table>?

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="hikashop_contentpane">
<tr class="hikashop_registration_address_info_line">
<td colspan="2" height="40">
<?php echo JText::_( 'ADDRESS_INFORMATION' ); ?>
</td>
</tr>
<?php
$this->type = 'address';
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>

<?php if(!$this->simplified_registration){ ?>
<tr class="hikashop_registration_name_line">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16296 by nicolas
Sounds good. Could you look in your PHP errors log for the real error message, or turn on the display_errors option in your php.ini file so that the error message appears on the page instead of a blank page ? Having the error message will help understanding what is going on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16306 by mrdexter
[Fri May 13 14:36:42 2011] [error] [client 82.9.46.143] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 207618048) (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /home/sites/bytebackinternet.co.uk/public_html/vintageleathersofas/libraries/joomla/application/component/view.php on line 561, referer: www.bytebackinternet.co.uk/vintageleathe...l=checkout&Itemid=10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #16307 by nicolas
That indicates that there is some kind of a loop on the loading of views. Could you post the whole registration view code (as a txt file) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum