- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
Setting up an import with Options and Multiple...
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that you created the characteristics with the values before importing the CSV ?
Did you deleted the previous products with the same product_code before trying ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
yes,I deleted the product before I uploaded again. Have become quite well-versed in deleting
Via the support ticket I provided temporary credentials. Can you take a look at the site and help me understand what I didn't do correctly?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
yes,I deleted the product before I uploaded again. Have become quite well-versed in deleting
Via the support ticket I provided temporary credentials. Can you take a look at the site and help me understand what I didn't do correctly?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I went to your characteristics and I saw that you had several characteristics which had the same values.
That is a problem as the import system might take the value from another characteristic and mismatch them during the import.
I think that it's what is happening on your website.
The shoe size value 5.5 can be found in different characteristics and the system doesn't pick the correct one. Thus, the problem you're having...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
So you're saying that because i have a "shoe size" of 5.5, I can't use the value 5.5 in any other characteristic?
I have Bit Size that has a 5 1/2 and a stirrup size that has a 5 1/2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So far, no one had such case.
Most of the time, users create one "size" characteristic and put all the sizes possibilities in it and that's it.
I've made some changes to the import system so that it can handle several characteristics with the same values.
Please replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php by the one in the archive enclosed and try again.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
Now the data doesn't appear AT ALL!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is an archive which includes both a new import which should handle the cases differences and a new CSV which fixes a small copy/paste glitch of the previous version. Please try with them on your website.
Again, I tried on my end and it works fine so I hope this time it's gonna work on your end too.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
I took your file and added more sizes. While I don't get the error, I get 2 drop down boxes for shoe size and no option labels. See "HHIssue1" image.
So I took the same file and added the default variants in line 1. See "HHIsue2" image. I get 2 drop down boxes for shoe size, but I did get option labels. And I get the error message "The default value of one of the characteristics of that product isn't available as a variant. Please check the characteristics and variants of that product"
Progress
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you provide your CSV ?
I don't understand how you're able to get that extra dropdown... I don't get it on my end and I've never seen such issue with the import...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
We can tell this is an issue because the variant sku is growing in number!
Here are the spreadsheets.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your first CSV is good, however the second one does not contain the default values for the characteristics of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
NOW I uploaded a file, after re-adding GIRTH SIZE (for the THIRD TIME) and I don't have an add to cart option - it says "no stock". ARGHHHHH
[url=http://http://174.121.38.60/~hhware/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=62567&name=edgewood-1-end-overlay-fancy-girth&Itemid=815&category_pathway=95] 174.121.38.60/~hhware/index.php?option=c...&category_pathway=95 [/url]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you add the characteristics to a product in several times, the variants won't be recreated automatically for the product so you will have to delete the variants, remove the characteristics from the product, save, and add them again so that the system regenerates everything properly. So, what you should do is to add all three characteristics at once to each product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
Let's say I upload Girths. The Girth Size has 12 sizes. The particular product line uses 4 of them. They are rendering FIRST with multiple drop down boxes and the error about not a valid variant EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALREADY IN THE CHARACTERISTICS. I have to first delete the characteristic associated with each product, then delete the products. If I upload the file again, I get the same error. If I delete that entire characteristic and all the variants, then re-enter them, the file works.
Also, Please note my other comment about it showing "no stock available" that's a new one!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the latest version of HikaShop we added an export of products in CSV on the products listing... You should take example on the CSVs generated by it from working products...
I can't saying anything about the no stock available... Your link is not working. If that message appears, that's because you have a quantity set to 0 in your product, or in your variants (if you have characteristics)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FreshIdeas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
There was nothing about stock or quantity in the CSV...which is attached!
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.