- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
Name of product with characterstics
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 3 months ago #18900
by Rollerskate
Name of product with characterstics was created by Rollerskate
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #18902
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Name of product with characterstics
You need to turn off the option "Append characteristics value to product name" in the Display tab of the config.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #18905
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: Name of product with characterstics
Ok, I did that and I checked the difference between having it on or off, and having it on adds the colon's, and having it off removes the colons but leaves the characteristics. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #18906
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Name of product with characterstics
Looking again to your screenshot and with your new comment, it seems that what you're seeing after the product name is not the variant name but the variant code. It should normally be hidden in CSS.
There must be something on your website screwing it.
Could it be that you're using a rockettheme template and you have that problem: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...e.html?lang=en#15467 ?
There must be something on your website screwing it.
Could it be that you're using a rockettheme template and you have that problem: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...e.html?lang=en#15467 ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #18908
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: Name of product with characterstics
Ok, yes I have a Rocket Theme template, I found this at that link:
"By the way, if you want to circumvent easily the problem, instead of using CSS to hide the product name, you could edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display>Views and remove the code :
echo $this->element->product_name;
and the code:
echo $variant->product_name;
That way the product name won't be displayed by PHP at all."
Which file should I edit?
"listing_img_title"?
I know I'm so close?
"By the way, if you want to circumvent easily the problem, instead of using CSS to hide the product name, you could edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display>Views and remove the code :
echo $this->element->product_name;
and the code:
echo $variant->product_name;
That way the product name won't be displayed by PHP at all."
Which file should I edit?
"listing_img_title"?
I know I'm so close?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #18910
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Name of product with characterstics
That instruction was to display the variant name. What you want is to remove the product code...
You should edit the file show of the view product and remove the lines:
echo $this->element->product_code;
and:
echo $variant->product_code;
You should edit the file show of the view product and remove the lines:
echo $this->element->product_code;
and:
echo $variant->product_code;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 months ago #19022
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: Name of product with characterstics
Thank you so much, this worked perfectly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds