Skip to main content

Registration, Email confirmation and system msg.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19641 by skatercorpse
Hello again Nicolas :laugh:

Unfortunately I still have some problems.

First thing I would like to know is if the following is a general problem or a problem due to my joomla or hikashop settings.
In the e-mail confirmation when a user do the registration, the e-mail text says that an Admin must activate the account in order to proceed. But that is not true. It is enough to click in the link below and the account is automatically activated. I just solved it editing the e-mail text in the language file (override.ini).

[strike]Then the real problem is that when a system message is displayed, it is not possible to access the Registration page or the Login page. Why? Is it a problem of permission access? The pages are created by the module, and not by me, so I cannot set the permission access for them...


Here you can see the account created notification: www.angolocreativo.ch/registrati/checkout/activate_page/lang-it
And here you have the account activation notification after clicking the link in the e-mail: www.angolocreativo.ch/index.php?option=c...hIjt9&page=user&id=6 [/strike]

Thank you! ;)

EDIT
Now is working... :blink:
And anyway I noticed I cannot replicate the situation with the links I provided...

So there is no real problem...just a question about if it is right in the registration email to have a text that says that an administrator has to activate the account...
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by skatercorpse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19645 by nicolas
1. For the email message, we don't say that the administrator must activate the account. Maybe the translation in your language is not correct ? Here is the message of the email by default in english:
ACCOUNT_MUST_BE_ACTIVATED="Your account must be activated by clicking on the link below and you will be able to continue your order."

2. When the system is configured to ask for activation, once you entered your information and clicked on register on the checkout page, it just displays a message telling the user to click on the link in the email. Then, when the user click on the email, he will be redirected to the checkout in order to continue his order. I tried it on your website and it works OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19655 by skatercorpse
1. Yes probably it is just a bad translation. And I didn't check the english version to see if it was correct or not. Sorry.

2. Yes, the test you did works.
But what if you want to register before you buy? Try it out on my website.
You do the registration.
You receive the email for activating the account.
You click on the activation link.
You are redirected on the website that says that the account is now activated and you can do the login with the username and password you chose during the registration.
Now click on the Login menu item at the top of the website and you will get the error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19656 by nicolas
When you click on the activation link, HikaShop automatically logs you in. So you don't need to login. The errors comes from the fact that your registration and login menus are only visible for non registered users and because in your template, the modules are generated before the component which should be the opposite. Because of that, the template first generate the menus then, calls hikashop which logs the user in and then display the page. The proper way to do it would be to first generate the component display and then the modules. That way, the menu module of the top wouldn't display the registration and login menus but the logout menu....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19666 by skatercorpse
Ok, I get it...

I tried to google it but didn't find a solution.

Do you have any idea how is possible to change the loading order of components and modules? Because I have no clue how to do that :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19688 by nicolas
That's kind of complicated. You should ask your template provider for help on that. Otherwise, you try this modification: remove the line
return true;
from the function activate in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php. But that modification will be removed each time you update hikashop so you will have to reapply it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19704 by skatercorpse
I made the template eheh

The fix you suggested me doesn't work unfortunately..

If I cannot find anyone who can help me with this loading order of components and modules problem I will solve it writing something in the system message that appears after clicking on the activation link.

Thank you anyway! ;)
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by skatercorpse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19726 by nicolas
Mmm, that change should have worked by redirecting you to another page on activation success...
Changing the code there should do something once the activation is validated.
Could you try to change that line by this one maybe ?
$app->redirect( JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_user&view=login',false) );

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19770 by skatercorpse
I tried it yesterday and I got an error (with that line of code when I click on the activation link of the email I get redirected to a page with 404 error. The same happens deleting that line..)
Is it possible that the problem is that I'm using the Joomla option "Rewrite URL SEF"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19786 by nicolas
Ah, It might be because you're using joomla 1.6

Please try with that code then:
$app->redirect( JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=login',false) );

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19851 by skatercorpse
Nothing...it doesn't work.
The activation link try to redirect me to the login page (no system message of a successfull activation of the account) and it gives me a 404 error page due to the fact that I'm already logged in so the login page doesn't exist for these users...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19852 by nicolas
It's probably because of the SEF yes.

Try with that then:
global $Itemid;
$url = '';
if(!empty($Itemid)){
$url='&Itemid='.$Itemid;
}
$app->redirect( JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_com_hikashop&ctrl=user'.$url,false) );

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19853 by skatercorpse
I'm getting lost :laugh:
Are we still talking about changing only the line return true; or the entire piece of code?

In the last posts I was changing that line with the code you provided me.
With your last post I tried to change the entire piece of code that is similar...the activation link redirect me to a page with the system message of the successfull activation of the account. Then up in the menu there are still the item Registration and Login that if I try to click obvously they give me the 404 error...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19854 by nicolas
I'm still talking about replacing the return true; line by that code

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19855 by skatercorpse
Ok, just tried.
The activation link in the email redirect me to a 404 error page ( www.angolocreativo.ch/component/com_hikashop/?ctrl=user )
:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19856 by nicolas
Ok. Let's do differently then:
$app->redirect( JURI::base().'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=user');
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19857 by skatercorpse
With that the activation link in the email redirect me to a 404 error ( www.angolocreativo.ch/index.php?option=c...m_hikashop&ctrl=user )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19858 by nicolas
There was a typo, it should be:
$app->redirect( JURI::base().'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=user');

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19861 by skatercorpse
Niiiiiiiiice! It works!
:)
Thank you!!

Will I have to do this fix everytime I update hikashop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #19862 by nicolas
Well, it's not really a fix. If it was really a fix, I would have added it to HikaShop and you wouldn't have had to do it for each update.
It's just that you don't want the same behavior than the default one. There is no override possibility for that for now so yes, you will have to apply it for each update unless we find a good reason to include it :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum