- Posts: 86239
- Thank you received: 14228
Sales Tax by Shipping Location
But I can't access it with that user account. Please double check it.
(pleasedo not post several times the same message)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
All other eCommerce systems have a feature for this available to their users. Although these mods or add-on's are not traditionally free, they are not extremely expensive. Furthermore, they have been designed by developers from within the U.S.A. and that is why I had to unfortunatley switch to another eCommerce system as the time involved in the configuration of HikaShop for the taxes was extreme. I hated to leave it though because is such a well thought out system and works within my Joomla! site (unlike now where I have to link out to my store).
A side note about product options: this feature is standard with the more popular eCommerce solutions that are Open Source systems. The only additional add-on (for a fee) regarding options is when a user needs to configure dependent options. Maybe you can find a way to at least make simple options an integrated part of all versions of HikaShop.
Still, very good work and I keep checking to see how it is progressing so that maybe I can return to using it when all of the elements that I need come together.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's on the todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
Thanks,
Additional info: Before we created another zone (countries), since we are using the original country as state we couldn't even get the state list to populate on the backend in the custom fields. However it still does not appear on the front end as per my original screenshot. If i unpublish my new countries zone then I can't even get the backend state list to populate. I am sure it's something we have done wrong.\
I can give you access if you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can see several problems actually.
1. There is no need to modify the custom fields.
Please revert their "zone" value to the default.
2. You should not create tax zones.
3. In the zone field of your tax rules, you should have a county selected, not the whole florida or the tax will apply to all the customers of florida.
What you need to do:
a. unpublish all the countries.
b. change all the US state zones' type to "country" instead of "state".
c. create new zones for each county of florida and set their type to "state".
d. edit the florida zone and add all the county zones as sub zones of florida.
e. In each tax rule, select the corresponding county in the zone field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
This only happens when the address is in Florida. We have tested out of State addresses and they go through with no problem. Thanks.
I've had to turn standard paypal on for now so we can process orders but I really need PayPal Pro. I've also tried a PayFlow Pro and get the same error. This gateway I had developed for another customer, which works great for them and they are also in Florida. Is there a way you can check under our hood?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have you set a restriction in your Paypal pro payment method ? A restriction on a zone ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
I removed the restriction but still get the same error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through private message for testing purpose ? Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If it's only with the Florida state, then it's probably that you modified the Florida zone in a way that is not correct.
So I would recommend you to check on that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 102
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 1
I have the same requirement: different tax for 5 different counties for NY State. The customer choose the county and the tax for this county should be visible.
I made the change as you describe for miracleecho. I spent a lots of time to fix it, but unfortunately without success. Could you please have a look of my website and give me some direction how to fix it.
credentials removed by a moderator
Thank you.
Anh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What is your problem ? Display different taxes depending on the country, or the error when going to pay ?
Thanks to update your HikaShop version, don't forget to make a backup before.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your products are all in the "Default tax category". So your tax rules should also be set for the "Default tax category" and not for other tax categories. Otherwise, the tax rules won't apply to the products since the tax category doesn't match.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.