- Posts: 93
- Thank you received: 5
Related Products to Show under current product?
I know JoomSEF built a plugin for HikaShop and we have the sef file for 404 directly in HikaShop so you shouldn't have problems using them.
In each product, you can add related products on the back end. Then, you can go to Display->Views and create a new module. Set it to be synchronized and to display related products on the product page. Then, go the configuration, under the tab display and for the option "modules on the product page" you can add that moduel you just created. Then, you should see it under the product page when you have products related to the main product displayed.
Hi nicolas ,
I seem to be having a small problem with following instructions.
if I goto display > views (there is no button indicating 'New' module)
thinking cognitively I went to Display Modules , which indeed I can add a new module.
Secondly becasue of the vast array of options inside the add module dialog box I looked around for the synchronized section which I also could not find.
what am I doing wrong here? Do you have a Tutorial somewhere for this kind of thing.
Cheers
:blink:
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
displayed item when possible " which is indeed in the Display > Modules > New Module Dialog Box.
just working through the rest of the instructions now.
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
it would only seem logical to publish this module on pages that have 'products' inside of them , however it would be advantageous to be able to display various products on other pages as well.
I can only assume that their are some pages missing from the 'Menu Assignment' Module in the 'Module Manager'.
as this would explain why 'All Menus' Works but 'Select Menu Item(s) from the List' does not , even if all menu's are selected.

couple of other things worth noting about the related products module setup;
When following your instructions above it does not actually show that the module is in use beside the : 'Modules under the product page' [button].
you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You found the synchronize option , good
You want to set the module on all the pages but keep it unpublished and then add it to the "Modules under the product page" option.
That way, joomla won't display the module because it is unpublished. However, when building the product page, hikashop will get the module regardless of the published option.
For the fact that you don't see the module name next to the option once you add the module: that's indeed the case. But if you click on the select button, you should see which one is selected and which one isn't.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you post the URL of the product page where you have related product ?
Could you also post a screenshot of your related module configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is the url:
www.urbansitedesigns.com/books/sex-and-the-bible
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you make sure that your products are published and that your module is published in the option "modules under the product page".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could try to edit the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php and add the line:
In your module options, you set the item layout to "image and description". If you just want the images, you should set it to "image"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have Essentials and just loaded version 1.4.4.
When I click on System > Configuration > Display and click the "Modules under the product page" Select button it opens a lightbox with my Hikashop content modules listed. When I click on a module name it opens a new window and instance of the Joomla administration backend. Then no matter what I do the selected module is not saved in System > Configuration > Display.
???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You want to set the module on all the pages but keep it unpublished and then add it to the "Modules under the product page" option.
That way, joomla won't display the module because it is unpublished. However, when building the product page, hikashop will get the module regardless of the published option.
Sorry to butt in on this thread but I'm having similar issues.
Can you clarify which of the "Modules under the product page" option you are referring to - General Display Options, Modules Main Default Options or both.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I want only two related products to appear below all print products, they are two kinds of framing services. At present this is what I have but the two related products show up on product pages where I have NOT added related products in the product edit page.
This includes the two frame service products too, which is obviously wrong to display the same product as a related product.
Therefore something is amiss somewhere. Here's some more screen shots of the settings for you:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.