- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Problem with shipping/billing address fields
I add product to cart and now go to the address page. The adventure begins.
1. So I click 'New' for a new Billing address and create a new billing address. So far so good.
2. I see that the box 'Use same address as billing' is automatically checked. So I uncheck this and instantly my billing address appears! What is my billing address doing in the shipping address column? That's not right so I delete it. But now it appears that I've deleted my original Billing address. So now I have to input that information again. Arrrhh
3. So now I have to create my Billing address again. Wiser now, I click 'New' under Shipping address and input my new Shipping address. Click OK and what happens? My new Shipping address is not under Shipping address but appears under Billing address. Now I have two addresses under Billing address and I see that the 'Use same address as billing' box is checked again. Why would that happen? I just input a new Shipping address!!! Arrrhh.
4. OK, so I see I have to uncheck that box again. So after I uncheck it, both addresses are now listed under both Billing address and Shipping address and the radio buttons are checked wrong. And I wondering why my Shipping address is listed under Billing address and my Billing address is listed under my Shipping address. Arrrhh.
5. I have to study this carefully because now I'm really confused. I'm now getting the sense that this website merchant is a bonehead and maybe I'll rethink this purchase. Arrrhh.
6. OK, I checked the correct radio buttons and finally that ordeal is over. So I click 'Next' down below and what happens? Both addresses under the Shipping address are now gone!!!! The 'Use same address as billing' is now checked again!!! And now my Shipping address is chosen for me under Billing address!!!!! This is definitely not right. What's going on? Arrrhh.
7. When I click 'Next' the 'Use same address as billing' box get checked.
8. Finally, I find out that no matter how many times I click the 'Next' button below, I go nowhere. I stay here on this page, lost in purgatory.
Please tell me this is an easy fix.
: :huh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your feedback. It's amazing that for two months no one reported us those issues.
When you create a new address it becomes a new address entity. Then, you can select it for shipping and/or billing. You don't really create a shipping or a billing address but an address which can be affected as billing address and/or shipping address on the checkout.
That's why you got a bit confused with the process in the beginning.
Apart from that, there are indeed issues with the addresses handling. Thanks to your thorough report, we were able to reproduce all the problems on one of our test website and fix them. They will be included in next release.
In the mean time here is what to do to fix them manually (assuming that you have the latest version 1.3.9) :
First, you need to replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/address.php with the file in the archive enclosed in this post
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Then, you need to edit the file components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php and near line 285, in the function address, replace the code
Finally, you need to edit the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php and near line 640, in the function address, replace the code
That will fix the behavior of the address selection.
Last problem you talked about: the fact that you can't complete the order. That's either because you don't have any payment methods displayed for selection or you don't have any shipping methods displayed for selection. Usually, you should get an error message when that happen but if your template is missing the jdoc include message tag, it won't be displayed.
I invite you to read our FAQ regarding shipping and payment methods issues: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- I also replaced code as instructed, but the last code (near line 640) looks like this now:
(checking to see if that last 'return true' is correct)
}
$this->_checkToken();
$shipping = JRequest::getInt('hikashop_address_shipping',0);
if(JRequest::getString('same_address','')=='yes'||empty($shipping)){
$shipping = $billing;
}
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$oldShippingAddress=$app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.shipping_address' );
$oldBillingAddress=$app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.billing_address' );
$app->setUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.shipping_address',$shipping );
$app->setUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.billing_address',$billing );
if($shipping!=$oldShippingAddress){
if(strpos($this->checkout_workflow,'shipping')!==false){
$this->before_shipping();
}
if(strpos($this->checkout_workflow,'payment')!==false){
$this->before_payment();
}
return false;
}elseif($billing!=$oldBillingAddress){
return false;
}
return true;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Because now when I click 'add to cart' I go to a blank page. Nothing works now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That will enable you to display the error message so that we can know what is happening. Also, you should double check the code you added, it could well be that you missed something at one point and thus PHP cannot parse properly the file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Today, we worked on the checkout and tested further the shipping address selection. We found some more issues. To make it easy to fix all that, we will publish a new version of HikaShop tomorrow or Monday if we can't make it tomorrow. I hope you can bear with us in the mean time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you explain what problem you have ? Maybe make some screenshots or give a link to your website ? It's probably another problem...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the quick reply
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try with different browsers ? Also, could you do some screenshots of what you're doing step by step so that we can understand where lies the problem on your end ? It might be because you're using it in a way we didn't think of...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When you click on edit, it will edit the address entry. Since that address is selected for both the shipping and the billing address, when you change it, it changes for both of them.
If you want to have two different addresses, you can use the new button to add a new address. That will display both addresses for each the billing address and the shipping address selection, enabling you to select different ones for the billing and the shipping.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem is usability, this site is not for tech savy people, so some might find it frustrating. I'll just put how to do it in the FAQ on the site, so nobody can complain.
Thanks for the great support!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I agree with chatmautr, the way b/s addresses are handled is unusable. It makes customers to make research how it works instead of make shopping.
The idea of managing address entities is great, but workflow/layout is not handy. Suggestion: to keep both blocks (billing and shipping) open right after customer added new address, it will clarify how it works instantly.
How do you feel about it?
Besides that, now (1.4.5) "address" step of workflow requires two confirmations if addresses are different: customer receives two same screens with addresses.
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.